Sign in to follow this  
legotrainfan

Introducing myself to you

Hi to everyone!

Actually I saw this part of the forum too late. I mentioned some of my LEGO preferences in the thread on TLC's worst decision. Anyway, I'll give you some more details here.

I'm a big 9V train fan. I only have two 12V sets that I got second hand from eBay. These are 7814 and 7824. All the other stuff is 9V and I also got plenty of 9V from eBay, most of which was MISB when I bought it. I am also registered on brickset.com. I use the same user name. There you can check my collection and go through my reviews. I can remember reading a thread here on eurobricks in which it was discussed that brickset members post annoyingly simple reviews. What was also criticised was that most brickset users said things like "there is no minifig in this set" and "there should be a car in it". Well, I must admit I'm guilty. I have also done that. But I tend to write as accurate and detailed reviews as possible. I only review sets I really own and I hate reviews that only have two or three lines. I mean when it is a small set that is reviewed, three lines might be ok, but not for a big one with lots of functions and details.

By the way, is the use of eurobricks free? I read through the stuff before you register carefully. I found neither information stating it is free nor information to the contrary. Thanks in advance for answering. my question.

Welcome to EB, the best FREE internet LEGO forum on the planet ... and beyond! Beyond what, I'm not sure.

Trains? Reviews? I bet we'd love to have some incredibly detailed and picture heavy reviews of trains around here, I know I would.

9V On! *y*

Hi Legotrainfan and welcome here to Eurobricks!

I am a 9 volt train enthusiastic myself, and only recently started collecting them (have almost the entire serie now).

Do you have a brickshelf account? If so, feel free to post it.

I must admit I'm guilty. I have also done that. But I tend to write as accurate and detailed reviews as possible.

It's been forgiven! :-D

If you like to make reviews Eurobricks is the place where (photo)reviews are always very much appreciated.

Enjoy your stay!

:-)

Unfortunately I have no pics on brickshelf.com. Even forum activities are quite new. I started off with brickset, because I like writing reviews and I also love that set list function. So I finally know how many sets I actually have. I was looking for a forum to discuss my hobby with people who share my LEGO passion. Well, that's it. Now I am here.

I am not an active builder. I am more a collector. Well, not really a collector either. I don't keep things in their boxes. I love building them, but somehow I must have left my creativity in my childhood. So I don't build MOCs apart from the Santa Fe B-unit, which I want to tackle soon. But this is an easy construction, the B-unit.

I have a room full of LEGO trains. The room is 3 meters broad and 5m long. Let's say 4m long since there is a cupboard in the way. Unfortunately the door opens room inward, which means that you have to plan the layout without forgetting the door. I must still be able to open it. ;-) What I have got in that room is about half the LEGO I have. Some LEGO I put back in the boxes to protect it from becoming too dusty. Just at the moment some castles come into my mind. They have been standing around for such a long time that there is more dust than LEGO on them. X-O Time to wash 'em.

Since the end of the 9V trains was announced I have been busy with eBaying. I just want to get some more 9V motors. One or two of my locomotives don't have one yet. And I want to have some as spare parts. I have the freight train from 1991. I don't know how long its motor will continue working. And I am busy with buying tracks, of course.

Space is a problem in our house. My brother has a Roco modell layout which has been growing like my LEGO train layout. So there's always a fight over place. His layout is also quite big 4m long and 2m broad.

Edited by legotrainfan

Hello legotrainfan!

I already awaited you here! :-D

Ich habe Deinen Beitrag in dem nicht genannt werden wollenden Forum in bei xxx.de gelesen und wei

Hello and Welcome to EB, legotrainfan *y*

Hope to see some of your creations soon ;-)

LuxorV

Hi holodoc,

Thanks for your interesting links! I checked them all!

I don't think brickshelf is for free, isn't it? And there has been this discussiong whether it will close down or not. So I am not registered there.

Welcome to Eurobricks! *sweet* The only Brickset reviewers that I don't like are the ones who do reviews without owning the set. *wacko*

I don't think brickshelf is for free, isn't it? And there has been this discussiong whether it will close down or not. So I am not registered there.

EB is free... and Brickshelf is freeish at the moment. But no one knows the long term plans of Brickshelf... I will be scaling back my BrickShelf usage now that I have a better website. ;-)

Even Brickshelf is free! man, nothing in this Legoworld will cost you one single penny! :-D

Last summer there was a rumour that the site would close down, it was announced on brickshelf, later they said that it stayed open and we haven't heard anything about closing down ever since.

So, post away!

welcome, i've always wanted a train set so mayby one of your reveiws could pursuad me *y*

Even Brickshelf is free! man, nothing in this Legoworld will cost you one single penny! :-D

Last summer there was a rumour that the site would close down, it was announced on brickshelf, later they said that it stayed open and we haven't heard anything about closing down ever since.

So, post away!

besides lego of course X-D

I've been wondering if anyone of you could tell me how I can insert a quote? I mean I've quoted another eurobricks user before, but it looked like the following:

Text that I first copied and then pasted.

But when you quote something, the user and the time when the user posted it is also there after the word QUOTE.

So could someone tell me how it works correctly? Thx in advance.

I've been wondering if anyone of you could tell me how I can insert a quote? I mean I've quoted another eurobricks user before, but it looked like the following:

But when you quote something, the user and the time when the user posted it is also there after the word QUOTE.

So could someone tell me how it works correctly? Thx in advance.

Just click on the 'quote' button in the bottom right corner of the post you would like to quote. Then press 'add reply': the quote appears in the screen you are going to type your reply in.

Hope this helps.

Hey and welcome!

Just for kindness sake I'm going to have to recommend castle over trains... ;-) X-D

God Bless,

Nathan

Just for kindness sake I'm going to have to recommend castle over trains... ;-) X-D

I also have many castle sets. The last castle that found their way in my collection were a purchase made by my brother: Black Falcon Fortress and Guarded Inn (the legends). I think around that time he must also have bought Guarded Treasure 6094. Since then the castle collection hasn't grown. I can use his castles. He doesn't care that much about them, preferring his Playstation 3 and his Roco modell trains.

Look at my collection. Ca. 40 sets listed there belong to my sister and my brother. The rest belongs to me. You'll quickly realise I was also a castle fan for a long while. ;-)

And here the link to my collection: http://www.brickset.com/lists/collection.a...er=legotrainfan

PS. Thanks simonwillems! Now I know how to quote.

Wow - quite a collection! *wub*

I would expect you to be 5 years younger than me - owning so much castle and so few Classic Space. :-D

(I

Nice collection!

I have recently made a Brickset account myself too, but I have a question regarding it you might be able to answer (being one of the biggest reviewers over there):

Is it possible to indicate whether you have a set multiple times? I have lots of sets two, three or even ten times (like the 1196 Telekom Race Cyclist) but could not find a Brickset option to show that. It just says that I own the set, and how much different sets I have... :-/

Do you know?

This is my collection, by the way.