Sign in to follow this  
Dapper-D2

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter

The vignette as requested.

Picture-1-1.jpg

New pictures based on feedback from Fuppylodders and Sinner. Thanks guys!

Picture012-2-1.jpg

Picture010-3-1.jpg

I'm trying to improve on my photography. I hope I've succeeded a bit there. Enjoy!

Picture007-5-1.jpg

Picture008-4-1.jpg

Picture009-3-1.jpg

Edited by Dapper-D2

This is really nicely done! I think perhaps the canopy could be 2 studs wide rather than just one stud wide, but only the canopy pieces and the bits the canopy directly sits on.

To be honest I think you've overdosed on reducing depth of field. I realise that it's fun to do when you get a better camera (I recently got a new macro lens for mine), but I think the blur on the tips is ruining the photos.

(...and the images are a tad too big.)

To be honest I think you've overdosed on reducing depth of field. I realise that it's fun to do when you get a better camera (I recently got a new macro lens for mine), but I think the blur on the tips is ruining the photos.

I think that's been edited in. In the last picture especially, you can see that the cockpit area is in-focus, and the nose and tail, which, at this angle, would be almost exactly the same distance from the lens as the cockpit, are blurry. The transition from blurred to sharp is also very abrupt.

In the last picture especially, you can see that the cockpit area is in-focus, and the nose and tail, which, at this angle, would be almost exactly the same distance from the lens as the cockpit, are blurry.

<blunt mode>I was thinking it was a sign of rubbish lens</blunt mode>

... why would someone want to blur the edge of a photo like that. It actually hurts my eyes looking at it. However looking at it again (ouch!) I think you're right. It does seem that the edge of all the photos has been de-focused... :wacko:

Art. I just don't get it sometimes.

This is really nicely done! I think perhaps the canopy could be 2 studs wide rather than just one stud wide, but only the canopy pieces and the bits the canopy directly sits on.

Thanks for your suggestion Fuppylodders! I’ve added two new pictures with changes you suggested. I think the canopy looks much better now, but thought it might have been a little too long. So I made the nose longer to off set it a bit. What do you think of the updated version?

<blunt mode>I was thinking it was a sign of rubbish lens</blunt mode>

... why would someone want to blur the edge of a photo like that. It actually hurts my eyes looking at it. However looking at it again (ouch!) I think you're right. It does seem that the edge of all the photos has been de-focused... :wacko:

Art. I just don't get it sometimes.

Thanks for your honesty! Brickdoctor is right it has been edited in. I don’t have the best camera, so the only way I can take a halfway decent picture is to photograph outside with the flash off in natural light. I blurred the edges because there isn’t much to the build and I wanted the focus to be on the ship. Looking at it now after your feedback, I have to say I can see how it can be off-putting. I’ve added a new picture without the blur (sorry about the picture size) that is in-line with the site requirements.

Your second pic down looks really artistic, the MOC it's self is really great :thumbup:, I think the second canopy looks better.

Hello!

The revised version with the wider cockpit is much better! :classic: I like the first image best. It does not need any photo editing in my eyes to get this scene nicely in the asteroid field. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Oh so much better! It looks a lot more in scale with it now, I can imagine Obi sat in there now =D The lengthened nose is also pulled off really well, it looks totally better!

I have no experience on photo skills though, but they do look better not so blurred :) I'd be chuffed with it =D

You've definitely improved the model a lot with that new cockpit, looks a lot more to scale now :thumbup: I also really like your backdrop, it's a fitting environment being similar to where we mostly saw the ship in the movies, and is subtle enough not to detract from the model without being too plain :classic:

Very nicely done! :thumbup: The overall shape and design looks fairly accurate and I like the SNOT technique you used for the "nose". Great "asteroid field" as well. :classic:

Thanks for your honesty! Brickdoctor is right it has been edited in. I don’t have the best camera, so the only way I can take a halfway decent picture is to photograph outside with the flash off in natural light. I blurred the edges because there isn’t much to the build and I wanted the focus to be on the ship. Looking at it now after your feedback, I have to say I can see how it can be off-putting. I’ve added a new picture without the blur (sorry about the picture size) that is in-line with the site requirements.

The new photos, and MOC edits, are much better! :sweet: Could you post a picture of the full scene, I'm curious how big it is. I love in-camera effects like that.

It does not need any photo editing in my eyes to get this scene nicely in the asteroid field. :classic:

I agree.

Thanks everyone for your comments and tips!

The new photos, and MOC edits, are much better! :sweet: Could you post a picture of the full scene, I'm curious how big it is. I love in-camera effects like that.

Thanks and posted.

Thanks and posted.

I expected it to be bigger from the angle of the photos, great tequinecs for it though.