moschino

Lego 5986 Amazon Ancient Ruins Info?

Hello,

I'm searching for this set since 2008.

5986-1.jpg

I have to admit that I didn't search for it every day since 2008 until now, but I used to search at least 1-2 times per month during all these years. Most of the time I search for it on eBay, I don't find it at all.

Sometimes, when there finally appears something in result, everytime this set is on sale by someone located in US.

Today I finally got a bit angry about the same result and I tried to give it a go on Bricklink.

Obviously almost all sellers are from US, and amazing, there are two sellers located in Europe, one of them being situated in Hungary and the other one in Germany.

The saddest part is that I don't have many option to chose from.

I'd like to have the option to chose who has the cheapest shipping costs, or who has the set in a better condition than other, but this way seems to be extremely simple. I get the only search result, or I simply say "skip", and when we talk about this set, the "skip" may go for years.

If someone can give me some elaborate details about this mysterious set, they will be welcome.

Otherwise I'll be satisfied with the answer for the following question.

Has this set been released only in US?

Edited by moschino

Nope, it wasn't released in US only. I remember seeing it assembled on a display at a local store here in Poland. I could just stand there, looking at it for hours. Ah, good ol times... The set was also shown in the catalogues from 1999/2000.

I had the same problem as you, untill august this year.

After years of looking at the internet, (I think I started at the same time as you) I finally got one on Ebay.

I looked on ebay every day for half a year, lost at least 10 auctions, and finally won an auction. (with Gixen sniper)

It costed me €60 + €20 shipping costs + €20 douane costs = €100 in total.

I wish you all luck to get one, because it is a beautifull collectors item.

Edited by thomassio