Sign in to follow this  
LJ_Ninja

[MoC] A Disgraced Samurai Performing the Seppuku Ritual

Following the Bushido honor code, a disgraced Samurai is carrying out the Seppuku ritual. The Seppuku act consists of the Samurai warrior performing a ceremonial self-disembowelment in front of spectators. After the samurai is finished, he stretches out his neck for his kaishakunin (assistant) to decapitate him. The ritual is extremely violent. Blood is spilled all over the site of the act, even the white flowers have turned red...

8383791557_2f202fc17d_z.jpg

8384875552_d8085a685f_z.jpg

8383790919_728a1b7aa4_z.jpg

8384875716_aa8982f96c_z.jpg

8384876214_b999c05f3f_z.jpg

8384876384_4ff8f8a9c4_z.jpg

8383791115_6a3c1ea809_z.jpg

Very nice! I like how you made the roof and the tree. Furthermore the minifigures are very nice, too :thumbup:

Nicely done. I think the katana is a bit big. Shorter samurai weapons like a tanto or wakizashi would be better suited if available.

The tanto is the weapon intended for this ritual. Lego doesn't make anything that could truly pass as a tanto. The rest of the scene is wonderfully done.

Ugh. Truly gruesome. What a coincidence that I just read a description of the ritual elsewhere. Anyway, good job building the scene. The base, roof and vegetation are all very good.

There is massive problem with your seppuku, suicide should be using short knife and sword is only used to cut the head of by a "witness". Right now he is struggling with his sword as is too long and the only thing he will cut is his hand.