Sign in to follow this  
-GZ-

MOC: Palace Fragment

indexed.gif

This is the fragment of an abstract European palace). The main inspiration was Louvre, but it completely didn’t supposed to have anything to do with it.

d751d40494ce.jpg004b502bbd4c.jpgf66852d84437.jpgf34e1c72ac4c.jpg

At first there were some ideas for scenes\figs here but since there aren’t any series 4 Musketeers in my town I have given up this idea.

Edited by Rufus
Indexed!

Wow, I'm very impressed with the very clever parts usage, unusual but highly-effective as palace wall details. I'd love to see this expanded into a larger build, any plans of doing such?

It never seizes to amaze me how some people can just take a piece and make use of it in a totally new way. I don't know how much of the techniques you've thought out yourself and how much is borrowed, but I certainly have never seen the window awnings or the side pillars done like that.

Aside from some color discrepancies, the wall looks fantastic. Great job!

Thanks for the comments.

I do not divide old and new gray parts. Then, in real life stone can't be monotonous.

These photos are very shiny, in fact the color difference isn't so noticeable.

I have some ideas but today I cannot build a larger version of the palace because I have spent a lot of parts from my collection on it (all of my dishes, for example). Shipping from BL isn't cheap in Russia - maybe later?

Edited by -GZ-

This is so cool. The arches over the top window are inspired, as are the cross beams in the window pane. The handcuffs are a cute detail too! :thumbup: I'm with KeilDaMan, i'd love to see it worked up, but i can understand that having a limited number of pieces restricts one to smaller builds.

Now that's what I call SNOT, reversed 1x2 tile with single studs - I'm impressed. :thumbup:

Excellent '-GZ-' and as Oliver Twist said 'Please, Sire I want some more !' :laugh:

Brick On ! :grin:

I too would love to see this fulfilled to completion as a bigger design

Great Work