Inkog

New Kingdoms sets delivered from TRU!

Last week TRU.com had all but the Mill Village Raid in stock for delivery, buy 1 get 1 50% off. I managed to pick up 2 Blacksmith Attacks (6918), Escape from Dragon's Prison (7187), and Carriage Ambush (7188) before they sold out (within minutes of placing my order). I thought I'd share some pictures and thoughts since they aren't due in stores till June?

Blacksmith Attack:

5655508699_06fa0d1a24_z.jpg

By far my favorite of the 3 sets I just received. Inexpensive and lots of new, rare or just plain good parts. Absolutely a great value. I like it so well that I plan to pick up an additional 2 or 3 sets.

I love the new wands:

5656078474_35cc63406e_z.jpg

Escape from Dragon's Prison (7187):

5656071794_8c1acc5b66_z.jpg

The best thing I can say about this set is the mounted Dragon Knight's horse barding and large shield. Otherwise, the set is just so-so. I may be a little biased since I own at least 1 of each of the 2010 Kingdoms sets, and apart from the mounted knight it's too much like 7947 Prison Tower rescue. I feel its a little overpriced, but I got it for 10.00 bucks so I can't complain.

*update* I've had a change of heart, especially after realizing the knight's armor is a new printing, and now believe this set is a good value for any Kingdoms/Castle fan.

The directions were also severely flawed. Note the skip from step 20 to step 37 above, and from step 44 back to 37 in the image below below. The build is so easy, the missing steps (21-36) were easy enough to figure out. I hope They fix this before the official release.

(The MOC making a cameo in this photo is new and just posted in the Pirate forum if your interested.)

5656075974_c349322089_z.jpg

Lastly the King's Carriage Ambush (7188):

5656084666_5e8367ba8e_z.jpg

Overall I like this set, even though I think its way over priced. The new horses are great, as are the carriage wheels. Lots of dark brown parts, which I like and need.

5655515171_e876a04be8_z.jpg

I'm really looking forward to the Mill Village Raid. I hope TRU gets these back in stock soon!

I hope this information is helpful! Maybe I'll find the time to post a proper review soon.

Cheers,

Inkog

Edited by Inkog

I'm really looking forward to the Mill Village Raid. I hope TRU gets these back in stock soon!

that set is also definitely on my wish list

I hope this information is helpful! Maybe I'll find the time to post a proper review soon.

yea, very helpful :thumbup:, I'll wait for your review

I like everything about the new Kingdoms sets... With the exception of the new weapons and chickens included in the Blacksmith Shop. Those new weapons remind me too much of a certain clone brand :sick:

But the new ovoid Dragon Knight shield is a beauty :wub: and in the same set you can get the Dragon Knight Breastplate for MUCH cheaper than the 99.99$ CAD you need to pay for the Lions Castle. :hmpf:

~Bayonet

Edited by Captain Bayonet

That's a rather big error for an instruction booklet! You can request a new one through LEGO's site if you'd like. They are good about replacing bad / missing pieces.

I like everything about the new Kingdoms sets... With the exception of the new weapons and chickens included in the Blacksmith Shop. Those new weapons remind me too much of a certain clone brand :sick:

But the new ovoid Dragon Knight shield is a beauty :wub: and in the same set you can get the Dragon Knight Breastplate for MUCH cheaper than the 99.99$ CAD you need to pay for the Lions Castle. :hmpf:

~Bayonet

Great point about the armor. I got lucky and found 12 on bricklink for $1.00 each. I bought all they had. Sure makes for a formidable looking gang default_devg1.gif

IMG_2660.jpg

Great stuff Inkog! Kudos on being one of the first to get these awesome new sets. Are they any printings on the mounted, armored dragon knight's torso (from the prison set)?

Edited by Donut

I honestly cant believe that lego actually released such a "good deal" (IMO) on the Blacksmith Attack set. it definitely isn't the best out there as far as price per piece but its pretty darn good and it has unique items and 2 minifigs! If the carriage set was $20 cheaper, then I would be absolutely amazed.

Oh and does anyone know the official retail price of the "Mill Village Raid"? TRU has it listed as $70, so I assume that will be it, but other sources are saying $50! I would be psyched if it were that cheap :D

Lucky you.

The Blacksmith is still my favorite, hope to see it in stores soon.

I honestly cant believe that lego actually released such a "good deal" (IMO) on the Blacksmith Attack set. it definitely isn't the best out there as far as price per piece but its pretty darn good and it has unique items and 2 minifigs! If the carriage set was $20 cheaper, then I would be absolutely amazed.

Oh and does anyone know the official retail price of the "Mill Village Raid"? TRU has it listed as $70, so I assume that will be it, but other sources are saying $50! I would be psyched if it were that cheap :D

6918 Blacksmiths Attack $9.99US

104 pieces

9.6 cents per piece

7187 Escape from Dragon Prison $19.99US

185 pieces

10.8 cents per piece

7188 King's Carriage Ambush $39.99US

286 pieces

14 cents per piece

7189 Village Mill Raid $69.99US

663 pieces

10.6 cents per piece

In Italy we'll have to wait until September for the new wave ... that's really sad :thumbdown:

I can't wait to read reviews of the new sets. :laugh:

Great stuff Inkog! Kudos on being one of the first to get these awesome new sets. Are they any printings on the mounted, armored dragon knight's torso (from the prison set)?

The torso and leg printing is exactly the same as the other "Knights" from 2010. However I just noticed that the armor is new! Note the single, centered dragon vs. the old style. I can't believe I missed that.

IMG_2661.jpg

The torso and leg printing is exactly the same as the other "Knights" from 2010. However I just noticed that the armor is new! Note the single, centered dragon vs. the old style. I can't believe I missed that.

Wow that's very cool, it's certainly another good reason to get that set. :thumbup: Thanks for the taking the additional photo.

Really thanks for these pics Inkog, great sets, the carriage is better in real life than in artbox, but is a little overpriced, about the prison tower rescue Im surprised of such a big box for a small set, yet Im gonna buy at least two :grin: , as other said Ill wait for your reviews. :wink:

Great point about the armor. I got lucky and found 12 on bricklink for $1.00 each. I bought all they had. Sure makes for a formidable looking gang default_devg1.gif

IMG_2660.jpg

12 what for $1 each? The breastplate? Or the entire fig with the breastplate?

Edit: Or, it looks like the breast plate and helmet?

Edited by Edmond Dantes

12 what for $1 each? The breastplate? Or the entire fig with the breastplate?

Just the armor. Since the only way to get one was from a $100.00 set that contained just 1, I felt it was a bargain. I purchased a bunch of Knight's Showdown (7150) for the minifigs. I thought this set was a good value also, kind of like a mini battle pack.

Just the armor. Since the only way to get one was from a $100.00 set that contained just 1, I felt it was a bargain. I purchased a bunch of Knight's Showdown (7150) for the minifigs. I thought this set was a good value also, kind of like a mini battle pack.

Well, they sure look good, so probably the armor was worth it.

6918 Blacksmiths Attack $9.99US

104 pieces

9.6 cents per piece

7187 Escape from Dragon Prison $19.99US

185 pieces

10.8 cents per piece

7188 King's Carriage Ambush $39.99US

286 pieces

14 cents per piece

7189 Village Mill Raid $69.99US

663 pieces

10.6 cents per piece

Ya I did the math, but compared to other sets from the previous wave

Outpost: 10.3

Castle: 10.7

Showdown: 11.4

Prison Tower: 13.6

Jester: 15.9

Prison carriage rescue: 20

I seem to be noticing overall higher prices last wave, without many interesting or special pieces. I guess it's just me that thinks they are better deals lol :tongue:

I will admit that the carriage is drastically overpriced, and unless I get it as a gift from someone or I find it for half that price, it wont make it into my collection...

Edited by Lord Valgor

Thank you for giving us an early peek at these new sets! :thumbup:

Much like the HD pictures these don't show any new hidden surprises but instead make me want the sets more and more. The new armor for the dragon knight is very neat, and now dragon knights can have a hierarchy or some other organizational structure to be distinguished by their armors. :laugh:

The most useful items here are the new civilian torso (finally! :thumbup: ) and the new king body print which looks like the most authentic regal wear i have ever seen on a minifigure.

BTW you got a great deal on those armors; I got mine at 1.75$ each and though it was a decent deal but yours is to die for! :wink:

Well, there was this set too: Dragon Knights Battle Pack, but I think it sold out pretty fast (got one myself though).

Wow, very lucky to get your hands on those amazing sets. They are available again online. Can't wait to get them.

I was not a fan of the previous line, but these new sets look pretty interesting. I just hope TLG decides to make a dragon castle. The blacksmith shop is a great set and the value on that one looks incredible. Thanks for posting these, I can't wait until they are available everywhere in stores. Lucky though, I wish I had some of these right now :tongue: .