Darth Nihilus

Monster Fighters 2012

Same here I'm always planning to get a ton of sets but I never end up getting them,this year I only managed to get few sets from each theme and I'm suprised I managed to collect almost all the LOTR collection within the summer,I also dont plan to buy the whole MF series but I'll get atleast some sets since I was asking for such a theme for years.

Same here. I plan to get a little from most of this year's themes so I have something to use. I picked up The Mummy and The Swamp Creature yesterday so for now I will focus on buying sets in other themes.

@Darthpotato, LOTR343 and Maniac4Legos: I cannot fathom how you can pick only a few sets from this line! I cannot fathom how there is be any set in this line (apart from the train and the promos) that anyone can not be in love with!

@Darthpotato, LOTR343 and Maniac4Legos: I cannot fathom how you can pick only a few sets from this line! I cannot fathom how there is be any set in this line (apart from the train and the promos) that anyone can not be in love with!

That darn Hearse set. I've been avoiding to pick it up. The price is a bit much, the figures aren't exclusive and the set itself is just okay. Same goes with the Ghost Train. :tongue:

Edited by just2good

That darn Hearse set. I've been avoiding to pick it up. The price is a bit much, the figures aren't exclusive and the set itself is just okay. Same goes with the Ghost Train. :tongue:

Funny how opinions can vary so slightly, yet so definitely - I agree with you about the train, but the hearse is the first set that made it onto my must-have list; The figures may not be exclusive, but I can't get too many vampires or steampunk doctors.

MF was just released on S@H France, and I bought The Zombies :classic:

Best of the smaller sets IMO.

Funny how opinions can vary so slightly, yet so definitely - I agree with you about the train, but the hearse is the first set that made it onto my must-have list; The figures may not be exclusive, but I can't get too many vampires or steampunk doctors.

Agreed. Plus I have too many Lego vehicles and not near enough places/locations, but I'm a completionist so chances are I'll pick that up (Along with the train) during a sale. I got pretty much almost half of the regular sets already.

A vampire styled hearse, with lifted back.. how on earth could anyone pass that?

Ahh, reminds me of old american cars and the rebel flags on rear pinions...

for zombies could people not just use any minifig they want? as zombies are just dudes who have been bitten by zombies so it could be anyone,just put the head and hands on another fig, sorted! shame we cant just buy lots of zombie heads eh?

for zombies could people not just use any minifig they want? as zombies are just dudes who have been bitten by zombies so it could be anyone,just put the head and hands on another fig, sorted! shame we cant just buy lots of zombie heads eh?

In my personal understanding of classic monster terminology, a zombie is simply a living dead, not something that can be passed on through bites, so I'd like my zombies to look like something that's been dead for a while. I wouldn't want them mixed up with vampires or werewolves. :wink:

I guess I'm alone in thinking the Ghost Train is among the best sets in the theme. :laugh:

I would buy lots more, believe me, this is a great LEGO theme. However, I do not have a steady job. Therefore, I buy LEGO sets when I can. Eventually I will work up to getting the Vampyre Hearse and The Werewolf, but for now I will enjoy what LEGOs I can afford.

I guess I'm alone in thinking the Ghost Train is among the best sets in the theme. :laugh:

Go for it if you like it. It has some good features and lots of glow-in-the-dark elements. For most, it's not too big of a deal. I preferred buying Ann Lee and Frank Rock in their other sets, especially since I cannot afford the Ghost Train nor want it much.

The Ghost Train is a great set. I am in love with the train itself, especially the locomotive, and the plane's not too shabby (I prefer the Pharaoh's Quest bi-plane personally) but it's a bit pricey for me now. If I was to get any big set, it'd be the castle, just because it's a bit more iconic (The classic, Gothic, old castle from the old 30s horror films) and has a lot more nooks and crannies to discover and play with.

I finally caved and picked up the Werewolf set today! I absolutely love the little car, so much class. I'm definitely hooked on this line. :classic:

I love that car too! Favorite part of the set!

Has anyone spotted the ghost polybag at TRU(USA)? Can I call up S@H and just buy that? I've never actually bought one other than at the actual store.

2 weeks till 10228! :laugh::grin:

picked up the werewolf and the hearse today! both are really cool, what is the consensus on the frankenstein set? is it as good as zombies? i'm trying to plan out which one to get next! i was thinking zombies to go outside the haunted house?

picked up the werewolf and the hearse today! both are really cool, what is the consensus on the frankenstein set? is it as good as zombies? i'm trying to plan out which one to get next! i was thinking zombies to go outside the haunted house?

Really, I recommend getting The Zombies first. It's a better deal in terms of price-per-piece, you get two exclusive minifigs and an exclusive moonstone, and the main play feature is awesome, though the cauldron feature doesn't work as well as I'd hope.

Still, the other set is nothing to sneeze at, but since you already have the two Monster Fighters in this set in the ones you got (Rathbone and Steele), I'd go with The Zombies. If you really want the mad scientist and the monster, Bricklink can be a good source, or get the set later on and either use the other Rathbone/Steele for minifig customization or sell them.

If you plan on buying these at Target, see if they have The Zombies first, but if not, go for Frankenstein.

The Zombies might be the better value but I find myself staring at the Crazy Scientist & His Monster much, much more. I love the way it looks next to the castle.

I love that car too! Favorite part of the set!

Has anyone spotted the ghost polybag at TRU(USA)? Can I call up S@H and just buy that? I've never actually bought one other than at the actual store.

2 weeks till 10228! :laugh::grin:

According to brickset.com, which has reliable info on LEGO sets new and old:

Availability: Promotional

[DE] Available in Germany, May 2012

[uS] Available from Lego Discovery Centres, August 2012

So I doubt you can ask from S@H but if you try it and you get it then let me know! I want that too!

The Zombies might be the better value but I find myself staring at the Crazy Scientist & His Monster much, much more. I love the way it looks next to the castle.

That was one of the few sets that they had at the Target I went to, and I had the same dilemma. The Crazy Scientist is a fantastically attractive set. I'm sure I'll wind up picking up eventually, once I can afford it.

Has anyone else had a problem with the vampire brides shirt being pink ?

I really like 9466 Crazy Scientist and His Monster. The figs are great, and the inclusion of the light brick is excellent! The set as a whole is cool, too. I would really get both. That car in 9465 The Zombies is really great too, but the set itself, I think is a bit lackluster. The play feature is pretty neat, though.

Has anyone else had a problem with the vampire brides shirt being pink ?

Nope.

According to brickset.com, which has reliable info on LEGO sets new and old:

Availability: Promotional

[DE] Available in Germany, May 2012

[uS] Available from Lego Discovery Centres, August 2012

So I doubt you can ask from S@H but if you try it and you get it then let me know! I want that too!

Hopefully, someone can confirm this. I'd hate to think that they are only at Discovery Centers and not more widely available.

I already got the zombies,the werewolf and the swamp creature but my true love is the ghost train.I might also get the castle but I cant be certain,maybe I will buy it on octomber.And dont forget about the haunted mansion set coming next month it's amazing.

Although its not a MF figure, we are getting another zombie! It's going to be in the CMF Monster pack alongside a ghost and witch figure. It is pretty much the same as the original, but it has a brown suit and pants rather than grey. I'm not sure if the other two figs vary from the official ones. I also find the ghost odd because there is no ghost CMF. Maybe it will appear in series 9.

Edit: iPod autocorrect. T_T

Edited by Masta' Blasta'

Although its not a MF figure, we are getting another zombie! It's going to be in the CMF Monster pack alongside a ghost and witch figure. It is pretty much the same as the original, but it has a brown suit and pants rather than grey. I'm not sure if the other two figs vary from the official ones. I also find the ghost odd because there is no ghost CMF. Maybe it will appear in series 9.

Edit: iPod autocorrect. T_T

Wouldn't be surprising seeing as how they have the Man bat in series 8.