Pally

New modular building? 10224 Town Hall

Hi guys,

Found out about some sort of new building.

Anyone knows more about it?

E.g. modular or more like the winter building line?

What do you think?

Cheers,

Pally

Edit Rick:

High-resolution pictures (thanks to grogall)

All Pictures link to HR images 2000+ .pxl!

b_10224_box_side_800.jpg

c_10224_detail_1_800.jpg

d_10224_detail_2_800.jpg

i_10224_detail_800.jpg

j_10224_detail_800.jpg

k_10224_detail_800.jpg

googled it and found a dutch webshop.

Here it is.

Yep, that's the one I found.

Wanted to know if other people had more info.

well, all the related products are modular buildings, so thats a good indicator of it being modular... using google translate, I found that it is expected to release 1/1/2012, so that is another indicator of a modular building, because why would TLG release a Christmas set after New Years... all this is merely speculation, so dont quote me on any of this, but I hope it was helpful :classic:

Yep, that's the one I found.

Wanted to know if other people had more info.

I hope its true ! Wouldn't this be somewhat unprecedented ? Two modular buildings in one year ? Great trend if true.

Haven't brickshop.nl proved to be quite reliable in the past?

I'm noting that they have listed a bunch of new exclusives that I haven't heard of before. They follow the set numbers of 10222 Winter Village Post Office:

Bonaparte: Removed setnames/numbers on direct request of LEGO.

This is very interesting, probably not just for us Town afficionados...

EDIT: Regardless of whether this list is for real or not, the release date is most certainly wrong, at least for four of the five sets. The webshop says 01.01.2012 for all five - which is not going to happen...

Edited by Bonaparte

I usually get most of my new set updates from Brickapedia and I haven't seen or heard anything about this. Kind of strange if it really has a January release date.

I usually get most of my new set updates from Brickapedia and I haven't seen or heard anything about this. Kind of strange if it really has a January release date.

The date is very likely a default placeholder date. Lot of companies do that in their database when preparing a page for something new.

I would love the idea of a funtional town hall with a mayors office. A Courtroom with a judge and maybe a few other funtional office.

Haven't brickshop.nl proved to be quite reliable in the past?

I agree L@go. Wheren't they the first with news of the Winter Village Post Office?

Well, did we see this comming eh ?

Any clues from the Pet Shop set that point to a town hall......dog rego so animal control doesn't pick up the dog and stick it in the pound ? :wink:

Why would we have a courtroom in a town hall, a meeting chamber yes, a mayor's office more likely.

Again pictures will help, the waiting game still as always ! :wink:

Brick On Wait On ! :grin:

Wow so soon?

And a town hall...Finally one after customers have 200 cops and 100 criminals?!? Let's hope this is true.

:oh:

Town Hall was definitely on my top five most wanted modulars list...

I wonder if it will be a big 'hall', or lots of smaller offices? Or maybe a large hall on the ground floor with offices above it? And a mayor's office with a balcony facing onto the street... Maybe even a new torso print for a 'mayor', featuring mayoral chains? They got a new print for a cat in the Pet Shop, maybe they have enough leverage for a torso print now.

Okay... time to wait for badly translated and ambiguous set descriptions, followed eventually by leaked images.

:oh:

Town Hall was definitely on my top five most wanted modulars list...

I wonder if it will be a big 'hall', or lots of smaller offices? Or maybe a large hall on the ground floor with offices above it? And a mayor's office with a balcony facing onto the street... Maybe even a new torso print for a 'mayor', featuring mayoral chains? They got a new print for a cat in the Pet Shop, maybe they have enough leverage for a torso print now.

Okay... time to wait for badly translated and ambiguous set descriptions, followed eventually by leaked images.

Isn't the cat in the pet shop the same print as Mrs Norris in 4842 Hogwarts castle?

I wonder if it will be anything like the town hall in 10184 town plan as I like the design of that town hall and a dark green building would be very very useful. :wub:

A town hall? That will be great! :thumbup:

I have a feeling we'll soon see a movie theatre modular style... 2013-2014.

It's just a guess. No more than that, :sweet:

Isn't the cat in the pet shop the same print as Mrs Norris in 4842 Hogwarts castle?

Oh... what made me think it was a new print?

In any case, I'm sure that after five modular buildings they can arrange an exclusive torso print. A town hall just won't be the same without a minifig with mayoral chains.

I hope it's true - Jamie Berard already did a Town Hall for a temporary exhibit back before the Fire Brigade came out, so maybe he just hasn't been able to let it die. :classic:

th01.jpg

I hope it's true - Jamie Berard already did a Town Hall for a temporary exhibit back before the Fire Brigade came out, so maybe he just hasn't been able to let it die. :classic:

th01.jpg

I'll take that town hall. :laugh:

The B-Wing has been rumoured in the Star Wars forum for some time, so another source for that one suggests a very good possibility that these are correct.

th01.jpg

I want it. I want it now.

I don't know if it's true or not, but a town hall would be an amazing idea for a next modular building.

And if it's like one of those older style buildings it could even fit in different time periods making it useful for Pirate (and history) fans as well.

Perhaps this town hall is going to be a modular redesign of the town hall in this.......

10184-1.jpg

Oh, wouldn't it be AWESOME if all three town plan buildings were redesigned into modulars eh ? :wink: