Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

PtV: Bartholemew Robbins

Disclaimer: The following scene is very depraved. Please do not look if you are faint of heart, or get sick very easily, and especially don't show this scene to your mother. You have been warned.

Tales of the famous pirate crews had always been the biggest topic of discussion, especially the notorious Captain Quick. If the tales were to be believed, Captain Quick only accepted the evilest, most bloodthirsty men he could find. At five years old, Bartholemew Robbins knew all the tales, and thought only of becoming a member of Captain Quick's crew. When Bartholemew's mother told him that he would be starting school soon, he knew he had to prove how evil he was so he could join Captain Quick's crew before he was stuck in school. Pirates didn't need school! He spent a long time pondering things that he could do to prove his worth, but none of them seemed evil enough to live up to Quick's expectations. Eventually he came up with an idea, but it seemed too extreme, and didn't think he could stomach such a thing. That's when he realized that was exactly what he needed to do. Such a depraved act was exactly what he would have to commit in order to become a pirate. He left the house with his trusty friend Jack and his weapon of choice. He knew the path the patrol usually took, and was able to find them right away. He was in luck, as Admiral Corrington was leading the patrol today. As the Admiral approached, Bartholemew readied his weapon. At the last second he let loose. As he watched the Admiral fall, he started to feel sick with what he had done. He raised his sword in victory and watched on for a second before grabbing Jack by the hand and running home.

20566527890_25bfc3cedc_c.jpg

20566468558_1c2f1716c9_c.jpg

20761329521_c53abf33d9_c.jpg

20754437255_4ed2784488_c.jpg

20754438525_89acce5a4b_c.jpg

Edited by Phred

I love it. The cobblestone technique with those chains has always had a soft spot in my heart. Love that shark fin jutting out of the water, and especially enjoy those palm trees with the masonry bricks around them. The whole scene just looks really clean, polished, and well done with no color clashing at all. The posing of the figs are great too. Honestly, phenomenal work all around for a small build. Keep it up man and I look forward to seeing more from you. pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Legocity2713

The hat.... on the teddy bear.... possibly the greatest thing I'll see all day. I love how simple this MOC is, yet it tells a very detailed story. Excellent!

The hat.... on the teddy bear.... possibly the greatest thing I'll see all day. I love how simple this MOC is, yet it tells a very detailed story. Excellent!

Hats off to such a lovely MOC! Love the pirate teddy! I might have to add him too to my pillage the village entry :P

Pirate teddy Bobo for the win!

I really like the design of this scene and your choice of minifigs. And I love the terrace the boy is standing on, especially the 'pots' for the palm trees.

Two thumbs up thumbup.gifthumbup.gif

You really payed much attention to all kinds of details. Would you like to add epaulets to the redcoat soldiers? That would make their coats a real uniform of different ranks. Try to compare with my soldiers arsenal.

How far will some men go...but all jokes aside, excellent MOC. This has some nice detailing, and a good bit of humor to go with. Keep it up!

This is an exceptionally well-built little scene, and the humor is good as well. The architecture and colors are nice, the palm trees and their bases are great and the basic story is well-illustrated with the Admiral slipping on the banana. The shark fin is a good finishing touch, should anyone slip and fall in. Good work.

Thanks all for the kind comments. I was really pleased with how this build turned out.

Charming build indeed, lovely details. But where all the gruesome stuff matey?

You're witnessing the corruption of an innocent soul! A child of 5! Not to mention the corruption of his Teddy! There's no telling how many other wicked and evil deeds followed his corruption! pirate_tong.gif