Sign in to follow this  
Shacala

My Lego Groomscake

So I got married about a month ago and decided a groomscake was a good idea.

A groomscake is a tradition mostly practiced in the southern US. But i'll be damned if I let a little thing like me living in California stop me from having one!

The tradition typically represents a cake that is themed around hobbies of the groom. I decided that I was going to make my wedding party in Lego and throw in some SW themes. Yes it is actual cake and yes it was eaten during our reception. I did have some casualities though, someone stole an Ewok.

With out further ado, here are pics:

Link to Photos

Nice cake! :grin:

When I first saw this, I was like "what the... what does cake have to do with Star Wars!?!?!?

But now I have been enlightened to one simple fact: Everything has to do with Star Wars!

:laugh:

DSR

Hey thats cool! It even sort of looks like a Star destroyer from certain angles nice job! :thumbup:

Hopefully no one ate any lego figures (yub yub), mmmmmmmm frosting :tongue:

Edited by I Scream Clone

Nice and sweet "MOC"! :tongue: LOL

I really like the "cake" bricks in the corners and the way it looks ready to eat and a same time a LEGO scene :thumbup:

So I got married about a month ago and decided a groomscake was a good idea.

A groomscake is a tradition mostly practiced in the southern US. But i'll be damned if I let a little thing like me living in California stop me from having one!

The tradition typically represents a cake that is themed around hobbies of the groom. I decided that I was going to make my wedding party in Lego and throw in some SW themes. Yes it is actual cake and yes it was eaten during our reception. I did have some casualities though, someone stole an Ewok.

With out further ado, here are pics:

Link to Photos

Great! I'm getting married in September and have been planning to use two minifigs as cake toppers (it was actually her idea!!). I also convinced her to let me include a small assortment of Legos in our welcome basket for out of town guests. I haven't quite figured out what I'll be putting in there, but it should be fun either way :classic:

Great! This kinda reminds me of a story I read about a couple who held a starwars wedding, where everyone dressed up as starwars characters. :sweet:

But now I have been enlightened to one simple fact: Everything has to do with Star Wars!

Hm, is this like how everyone is related to Chuck Norris? :tongue:

Bon Appetit!

Greate GroomCake!

BTW. To Grevious:

You have mistake in nickname!

Your - Grevious

Real - Grievous

Do you know this?

That's great. Love the idea.............Wish I would have thought of it. :classic:

Congratulations on your nuptials

BTW. To Grevious:

You have mistake in nickname!

Your - Grevious

Real - Grievous

Do you know this?

Oh yeah, known that for a LOOOONG time. That's why in the Tie Army Topic that used to be here, I wasn't the general but just someone using that as a codename. :wink: