Peppermint_M

Design a Direct-To-Consumer (D2C) Results!

Well Ladies and Gentlemen. The hour is at hand, it is time to announce who has won this fantastic action packed contest!

Just to remind you, these fabulous prizes were up for grabs:

1st prize: You get a maximum budget of 250 Euro (~345 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

2nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 125 Euro (~172 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

3nd prize: You get a maximum budget of 50 Euro (~69 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home.

Prizes and world wide shipping are sponsored by Eurobricks.

You planned, you built, you entered and you voted.

First Place Goes to:

13/ Attack on the Nile by Yatkuu and Pixel Fox

pq1.jpg

Congratulations!

Second Place is awarded to:

18/ Treasure hunt on the river Nile by Nieks

5648277163_e3fcb282e0_b.jpg

Well Done!

And finally the Third Place winner is:

21/ Professor Hale's Oasis Hacienda by Rufus

5652557049_efeea6c442_b.jpg

Great Entry!

Winners: Bonaparte will PM you with details on how to claim your prize.

Congratulations! Your entries have been voted as the winners in a contest with some incredible entries.

To everyone who entered: You worked hard in a contest with many fantastic and amazing entries. It was a tough choice for everyone to award their points and do not be disheartened. Each and every entry was of an amazing standard and scale. I hope you enjoyed the experience and will keep Action Themes in mind next time you have an urge to MOC.

Congrats to the winners, your D2C creations look superb! Sign me up! :laugh:

Great effort by all!

Congrats all! Just in time for the Pet Shops release :tongue:. I'd buy all 3 of those.

Congratulations, guys! Too bad my camel couldn't match your creations, but you all definitely deserved to win.

Funny, though, how all the prizes went to entries of the same theme. I would've thought the votes would been split more...

Congratulations! Your prizes are well deserved, but then again, every entry deserved to win in my opinion as they were all very good. :classic: Happy shopping! :grin:

Pharaoh's Quest should have a second wave of sets after seeing how well they can expanded.

Congrats to everyone!

Congratulations to the winners! You all had magnificent entries!

However, I can't say I'm too happy with the results. There were many entries including my own which I didn't expect to win or even to place. However, I couldn't help but notice in the voting (and now the results) that there was an incredible bias towards Pharaoh's Quest entries. Perhaps part of that is just that there were more Pharaoh's Quest entries than entries for other themes (18 for PQ against 12 for Ninjago and 10 for Atlantis), but in general I got the idea that both trends were in part because AFOLs in general simply prefer Pharaoh's Quest to the other two themes in question.

I may just be a bit bitter because PQ is by far my least favorite of the three themes, and two of the entries were among the least action-packed in the contest. I'd have loved to see the amazing and action-filled Spinjitzu Training Temple or one of the other amazing Ninjago entries among the winners, just for variety's sake. However, naturally, I'm not saying that the entries that won did not earn their victory. They were by far the most popular, and entries for any contest decided by a public vote have to be designed with that characteristic in mind.

It'd be cool to see the overall ranking of the rest of the entries, so it would be easier to see trends (for instance, how much favor each theme had, how much the overall size of the entries played into their popularity, and whether certain subject matter (for instance, architectural subjects, vehicle subjects, or monster subjects) was more popular among voters. However, I suppose such an action would just cause members like myself to bicker about these trends, so I won't ask that such information be divulged. People with more time on their hands or interest in knowing the results than myself can easily tally up the point totals from the voting topic on their own time anyway.

Funny, though, how all the prizes went to entries of the same theme. I would've thought the votes would been split more...

Agreed. And I also thought the entry that came in second should've come in first. :grin: I thought at least the Ninjago MMV would've won something.

Congratulations to all the winners! Your set designs were certainly deserving of your rewards and you definitely had some stiff competition.

To those who lost (including myself), better luck next time, but I for one am quite happy with everyone's efforts. What a great contest and amazing entries! I hope to see more in the very near future!

Congratulations to all the winners! Every one of you made wonderful entries, and you all deserve the win! :thumbup:

Congratulations! These prizes are great, so enjoy them! I think the right entries won, but most of the entries were really good. :thumbup:

Congratulations guys, very well deserved.

What a great contest, and amazing entries from everyone.

Congratulations to all the winners! Truly well-deserved victory and prizes, enjoy your LEGO shopping. :wink: Excellent job to all participants too, it was an extremely competitive pool of entries that almost everyone gave a great effort so kudos to everyone! :thumbup: Major props too to Boney, Pep, and the rest of the staff for conducting this highly-successful contest.

Congratulations to all the winners! All such nice entries. I had a feeling Rufus' entry was going to be one of the top three :tongue:. Anyways congrats!

Congrats! All of these are Beautiful entries. Well deserved!

The contest was a blast! Here is hoping lego notices how much we all like pharaohs quest!

Yay! Congrats to all the winners, very well deserved. :classic:

However, I can't say I'm too happy with the results. There were many entries including my own which I didn't expect to win or even to place. However, I couldn't help but notice in the voting (and now the results) that there was an incredible bias towards Pharaoh's Quest entries. Perhaps part of that is just that there were more Pharaoh's Quest entries than entries for other themes (18 for PQ against 12 for Ninjago and 10 for Atlantis), but in general I got the idea that both trends were in part because AFOLs in general simply prefer Pharaoh's Quest to the other two themes in question.

I know what you mean. I suspected that voting with my heart instead of my head would lead to all my points going to PQ entries, so i made a deliberate decision to split my points among the the themes. I wonder what that bias is about too - is it just because PQ is a new theme? Or because it is a rehash of an old favourite (without the wierdness of ninjago, which doesn't really bear much relation to feudal Japan)? The colour scheme probably has something to do with it for me - it *is* hard to resist that much tan and dark tan! :laugh: (Certainly trumps the Atlantis colour scheme of red and lime and black...)

Incidentally, i wonder if many ppl looked at entries thinking "if that were a set it would be an amazing parts pack!" Or is that just me? :blush:

It'd be cool to see the overall ranking of the rest of the entries, so it would be easier to see trends (for instance, how much favor each theme had, how much the overall size of the entries played into their popularity, and whether certain subject matter (for instance, architectural subjects, vehicle subjects, or monster subjects) was more popular among voters. However, I suppose such an action would just cause members like myself to bicker about these trends, so I won't ask that such information be divulged. People with more time on their hands or interest in knowing the results than myself can easily tally up the point totals from the voting topic on their own time anyway.

Eh, i'm not sure that i'd want to see this. Imho MOCcing (yes, even in comps!) ought to be about what you want to see, rather than finding out what ppl want by survey and then trying to give it to them. But i'm sure that i'm being terribly naive here. :sceptic:

Anyway, it was a great contest and i had a heap of fun taking part. Many thanks to EB and the orginisers! :classic:

Edited by gabe

Well done to all entrants and winners.

I think Pharaoh's Quest aesthetics appeal more to AFOLs (including me) and that's why they took out the top three places, but there were fantastic entries for all three themes that were just as creative as the PQ ones.

The winners have just incredible creations! I had no doubt that these entries would win.

Now that the contest is finally over, I would like to point out that it probably wasn't the best idea to have a Direct-to-Customer design contest centered around the action themes, because D2C sets are more for adult fans and action sets are more for children and younger kids. However, I think that with so many kinds of entries (some focused on action, others on building technique) it certainly made the contest much more fun.

I really hope that Eurobricks will have contests like this one in the future!