Darats

6988 - Alpha Centauri Outpost - Baseplate (2552px2)

Hi all.

I'm one of the Lraw models builder of the Digital tool part of the forum.

I'm planning to create the Baseplate of the 6988 - Alpha Centauri Outpost (2552px2) to make it available for the Ldraw comunity.

2552px2.jpg?0

Problem is that I don't own the part.

I'm sure someone here has this part. Would it be possible for someone to take good pictures of the 5 surfaces (Front, Back, Left, Right and Top)?

Then it will be possible for me to recreate the part digitally and share it to the Ldraw community.

Hope someone will help me.

Many many thanks a lot in advance.

I'm the one that made the 2552p05 print for ldraw system.

I really need pictures taken of the 5 sufaces described in my first post.

Maybe I didn't look well, but I can't see any of those in the link you provided.

Thanks, Problem here is that pictures are quite blurry and it's missing some sides.

I've already searched on ebay with no results...

That' why I'm posting here, I would need the help of someone tu take the pictures. :)

I have a couple 2552p05 - I can take pics a little later tonight and I'll post links to 'em on flickr, then you can give me feedback on if you need something different.

Always happy to contribute to community efforts! :classic:

Sorry, my bad with the copy-and-paste. Yes, I have px2 (the space version of that baseplate). :)

Coming up shortly...

OK, I didn't have time to do a proper photo setup tonight, but hopefully these will be good enough to give you what you need! I got the 5 shots you asked for, plus a few angled shots to help you better see where some of the print wraps from the vertical sides onto the base, etc.. You can click through them in my flickr photostream starting here: https://www.flickr.c.../in/photostream

I have a few copies of this part and I tried to use the cleanest/best condition one I had, but if you need any additional info (like wondering if a dot is a chip or actual printing - stuff like that) just let me know and I'll be happy to take a look.

Thanks for your LDraw contributions! :classic:

That's more than perfect.

Many thanks.

I'll start tonight to work on the ldraw part.

I'll keep you informed when it will be done. I could take some time as it's a huge pattern. Hopefully I will be able to do it before december.

Again, thanks!

It's not done yet. Besides, I had a hard drive crash so I can't continu till I receive the new one.

These kinds of patterns are very time consuming, I let you know as soon as it's done.

Finally done:

2552p02.jpg

Part is currently available from the Ldraw Part Tracker: here.

It might change a bit during the certification process.