Swan Dutchman

[MOC] VOC frigate "De Ruyter"

Wow, it has been great following this project and well worth the wait for the great photos. They really add a nice setting to a lovely model. I will have to dive into the Flickr madness when I have more than a few minutes to appreciate the details.

Oh yes, very nice! Glorioius in fact! Bonaparte will be pleased with this.

This MOC is worthy of a blog post!

The presentation and editing is also spectucular...

14040730806_0884a57357_c.jpg

Beautiful ship! Great details, the sails, the rigging, everything! Really nice photo editing. Is there any higher resolutions of the ship in the water? I would really like to make that my background on my computer. Again, great job. You are an excellent ship builder.

Edit: I was able to get a higher resolution off of your Flickr, thanks!

Beautiful ship! And you did a fantastic job on incorporating the MOC into a painting thumbup.gif

It actually looks more like a ship from the "Nederlandsche Handel Maatschappij", like this one. But it's a fantasy ship ofcourse and I like how it incorporates some nice elements from different ships and times.

Great job, and congratulations on your well-deserved Ship MOC Expert tag!

Impressive, the presentation is really great.

Love the interior.

Gongratulations on your new tag (Join the club pirate_classic.gif ).

Mijnheer!

You made it! Congratulations - this a superb MOC.

And your photoshopping-skills are a perfect addition to you building capabilities - I actually tend to envy both! pirate_satisfied.gif

WOW!

Outstanding Swan Dutchman! I love how you edited the photos into the painting. My favorite part of this is how the white line across the top of the railing continuing through the waist. Your sails are very clean and I'm interested if hand sewn means you didn't use a machine. If that's the case I'm rather impressed. Though I am impressed either way. I searched through your flickr but I wish you had more pictures of your interior.

The editing really is amazing. I have photoshop elements and I find it extremely difficult to edit out the entire background without losing bits of my rigging. Maybe its easier with black string since the brown on my ship blends more to my background. Do you find GIMP easier to use? Before now I'd not heard of it.

I hope to see more ships in the future Swan Dutchman. Brick on!

I rarely comment MOCs in that theme. But I have to congratulate you this time. You did a great job on that model.

You are definitely a meticulous MOCer, and I like that.

The only photo I miss is the cook prepping soup on the stove on the gun deck... but I just could not get a good photo.

Personnally, I miss A LOT of photos. I would like to see how the ship is built.

You did nice pics, nice editing, etc. But technically speaking, I almost can not take anything from your pics. :/

Excellent work. And I like that you've used LEGO-style strings. Sometimes you see people using too thick strings, and then it looks out of scale. The way you did it is really tasteful!

Congrats on finishing this splendid ship and a well deserved 'Ship Expert' tag, and on being frontpaged!

She truely lives up the potential promised in her WIP thread, I have to praise... everything about her and your presentation. But I really have to highlight again my admiration for your use of metal wires to give those sails that billowing effect, this is a genious way to combine lightweight material and a realistic depiction under sails!

Best regards

Very beautiful ship my friend.... I really like the "back" part of it... Congrats!

A stunning build and presentation, absolutely every detail of this MOC is eye candy. The stern galley, bowsprit and rigging are incredibly elegant. Superb work, you have put together a masterpiece!

Magnificent! Stunning! Awesome! I have a thing for Dutch ships. Congratulations on finishing this monster of a masterpiece. This is just insane. The detail, the sail plan, the interior... I'm practically drooling. I hope to see more from you. Also, is there any other interior that you can get shots of?

Very beautiful creation. It is very streamlined and smooth.

I've recently been trying my hand at ships, but it is more along the lines of official LEGO style. Yours outdoes that considerably, so I know I won't compare to yours. But this will something great to look at for inspiration and tips.

The editing is spot on, as everyone else states.

I want to make sails for my ship, but hand sewn will not be an option since I haven't a clue how to do it and I'm sure my wife has better things to do...hah

Gorgeous photos that set off a great creation. I love your rigging and sails. Now I'm going to read further on flickr.