Cooper

MOC: Monterey & Salinas Combo

traintech1.jpg

I know TheBrickster has a soft spot for all things Western and all things Train, this should check both boxes. :grin:

Inspired by the 1874 Monterey & Salinas Combo currently on display at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento.

4461687632_e147cc475a.jpg

4460910103_7112917328.jpg

More photos on flickr

Edited by TheBrickster

Very nice Coop. 7-studs wide - very nice indeed. I love the tan, and the windows look really good with the extra few layers of clear plates. It has a fine roof design and an equally nice interior. The striped curtains are a fine touch. My only recommendation is to add some custom decals to the sides. Are you planning to build any additional cars or an engine to pull this great wagon?

AWESOME 7 wide western style carriage, love the simple details of this period design. :sweet:

Great work 'Cooper' and I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks guys.

RE: Decals

I'm personally not very into decals. Not sure why exactly, but I honestly can't think of one of my recent MOCs that I have applied decals to.

RE: Future Plans

I'm not sure I'm going to do it yet, but I may build one pure passenger car of a similar design. I do however have plans to build another steam engine. :)