Henchmen4Hire

Futurama Ambulance

There's an ambulance in the Futurama episode where Leela is a baseball player, based this one on the blurry screenshot I got of it, so if something is off, leave me alone! :tongue:

Reference: http://i41.tinypic.com/30uzlsi.jpg

Tried 6-wide this time, I hope its more or less in-scale with minifigs. Everything looks too small when you build 8-wide for so long.

legofuturamaambulance3.jpg

legofuturamaambulance2.jpg

legofuturamaambulance.jpg

And a quick and dirty mock up of a Leela minifig, pretty scary!

legofuturamaambulance4.jpg

leelalego.jpg

Edited by DrNightmare

.... you mean Blernsball.

Now that that's out of the way.

FUN MOC!

Really nice work with the purple offset jumper plates. I'll have to steal remember to use that some time.

I have a vague recollection of the ambulance, before I opened this thread, but when I saw it - instantly recognizable.

Nice build, not much I can offer suggestion about.

Only thing that you could possibly change is the 1x1 plate on the door - maybe use a clip of some sort so you get a door handle?

PS - nice Leela ;)

(but why is she topless in the render?) *oh2*

Great idea to take futurama's vehicle for the modeling. :thumbup: The multiformity of the future transport is a good food for thought!

The one remark from me. The prototype from the moovie has two back doors!

Thanksss!

Too lazy to paint Leela's details in that one picture :tongue:

Same for the rear doors, too lazy to figure out how to add them :tongue: (The offset purple stripes block the space needed for double doors)

On the non-lazy side, I added that "bumper ridge" along the bottom edge because I think it looks better than the original model :) (then again, I can't tell if the bumper is already protruding in the picture haha)

Edited by DrNightmare

Hello!

Although I am not a fan of the series, I like the design of your hover ambulance van. Its futuristic look makes it a perfect inspiration for various SciFi projects. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher