Entry for CCC Miscellanous

For many years the Synneora Rock was dwelled by a lone monk Athios, who had decided to spend the rest of his life meditating and devoting himself to God.

When Athios passed away, the rock soon became the center of the country's religious life. Hundreds of pilgrims and the nearby villages inhabitants volunteered to help building a new chapel for the memory of Athios - a man of Faith and Sacrifice.

10856965133_99fa0c4dce.jpg

Thea main sources of inspiration were Greek monasteries of Meteora, Zhangjiajie rocks (China) and Ha long Bay in Vietnam. I came across an article about Ha Long Bay and that was when I promised myself to try a new "tilted rock" technique, attaching part of the layout diagonally.

I recommend it to hardcore-builders. It was the most extreme rock that I've ever made and that is because it is not really a strong construction and once you put a segment to place, nothing can be done... :)

Well, it was fun.

See the full gallery at Brickshelf:

http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=536195

Flickr

Enjoy!

Very clever rock and a nice "under-construction" monastery.

My one minor criticism is that the green grass at the bottom is flat; I'd expect a little bit of a rise towards the rocks. If you did that it would look a lot more organic rather than rocks coming out of a flat plane.

The rockwork is great! And so is the building, very detailed with all those lifting mecanism (are they motorized?). I like the white and blue stripes and the roof technique. :thumbup::classic:

Incredible rockwork :wub: All the construction details are excellent, and I like the architectural style of the chapel :thumbup: