Nobrux

Unusual places to display your Tower of Orthanc

Good evening to all!

After finishing the build of my Tower of Orthanc, I immediately began having trouble finding a proper place to display it. It's just too high for my room's regular shelves.

Well, yesterday I was sitting at my living room, watching some TV when I realized this: If my wife can have a giant celtic harp displayed in the middle of our living room, I'm sure she won't bother if I start displaying my legos there too.

Let's start with the Tower of Orthanc! I even placed a small plant near the Tower to get that Fangorn Forest look.

I would like to hear from you what solutions you've found for displaying such an enormous and gracious beast.

post-2912-0-64087900-1375405950_thumb.jpg

I put mine right next to our Celtic harp as well. Weird.

Lol. That was most unexpected.

My model room still had room for it on a lower bookcase, Here it is on imgur http://i.imgur.com/ejKlC7Hh.jpg I am not sure if it fits in normal forum stuff so I don't want to post it that way in case it doesn't.

That's nice. Unfortunately, I only have shelves to display my models. By the way, I'm glad to see it displayed next to DS, because I'm planning to build mine and I was wondering how large it would become. Now I can imagine the trouble I'll have.

I just put it on top of a shelf, not in between shelves. If I didn't have room on top of a shelf, I'd put it somewhere in the living room, where everybody can see it, that's the purpose of this set right?

My Orthanc i displayed on the top level of the lego LOTR-shelf. Enough room for it.

When i stand next to it, i got this nice view...

l1i9tdxxfnd.png

Feelin like an Uruk ;-)

Ps i like the idea of the plant next to it!

Underneath my blanket before my wife walks into the bedroom for bed. She wasn't impressed or amused.

You, sir, are a hero.

Thankfully my lego room can just about stand a few more sets before the the room is so heavy my lounge falls in underneath it. Unfortunately i have been very busy recently so my tower is half done, But when finished it will be about 5cm off hitting the shelf above it. Also I intend to have the black gate in front of the tower for decoration, Even though they are different locations (Sorry, I really need to tidy this afternoon :tongue: )

9422611184_372eafeae0_c.jpg

001 by Legocollecter123, on Flickr

Edited by The Joker1