Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Coming Home from War

For Lenfald Local Challenge 8 in Lands of Classic Castle.

The Challenge: "Build a scene depicting either your character or another Lenfel solider returning home from War. The focus should be in capturing emotion, not extravagant Landscapes/buildings!" I used only subdued colors in this build to help add to the serious feeling of war and its aftermath. The houses have full interiors.

Some of the soldiers coming home have been injured, others are physically unscathed, and many never return at all. For some families it is a time of joyous reunion; for others, a time of mourning:

overview.JPG

front.JPG

left.JPG

overview-b.JPG

people.JPG

More pictures can be seen here: link

All C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

The soldiers on the stretchers are good and the way the mother is happy to see her husband alive and the child is terrified. I also like the two soldiers breaking the news to the family

Really nice work as usual :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the wooden roof and you made a great work recreatig the minifig emotions :wink:

That's a great work.

This moc shows real emotions, before reading the description I watched the pictures and noticed all the distress.

Well done! :thumbup:

The soldiers on the stretchers are good and the way the mother is happy to see her husband alive and the child is terrified. I also like the two soldiers breaking the news to the family

Thanks Xcod 119, the figs were one of the most important parts of this build :classic:

Really nice work as usual :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particularly the wooden roof and you made a great work recreatig the minifig emotions :wink:

Thanks Wedge, glad you like it :classic:

That's a great work.

This moc shows real emotions, before reading the description I watched the pictures and noticed all the distress.

Well done! :thumbup:

Thank you, glad you could see what I was trying to portray :sweet:

Really nice moc, a lot of nice details and a nice touch with all that happens in it, great work!

Really nice moc, a lot of nice details and a nice touch with all that happens in it, great work!

Thanks odidoma :classic:

Great roof, I like that you used the log pieces to create the half-timber effect.

I would have liked to have seen more variation between the two buildings.

Great roof, I like that you used the log pieces to create the half-timber effect.

I would have liked to have seen more variation between the two buildings.

Thanks, I did make the houses a bit different (different window frames, roofs, beams, one house's second floor is larger than its first, different colored windows, one house is taller than the other...), just left the basic colorscheme and footprint the same :classic: