Share your kids creations

kids

7 replies to this topic

#1 Slobey

Slobey

• CC refugee

Member: 774

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I noticed there didn't seem to be a thread that you could share your kids creations so I thought I'd start one up. Feel free to add to it!

There's nothing better than sharing your hobby with your kids... Most Sunday afternoons- especially if the weather isn't that good- My 6 & & yr old daughters and I will build away.

Here's couple of photos of their play area, complete with painted MDF board and "friends" inspired town layout. Each time they're getting more creative with the things they're making.

Those with a keen eye may notice Gandalf patroling the borderlands to guard against any Megablock invasion :wink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 JopieK

JopieK

• Kneecap Buster

Member: 1180

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

seems to be like a FLL contest area ;)

New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help?Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

Posted Image

-== Classic LEGO trains are the best ==-

Do you need replacement stickers for LEGO (reproductions and customs): ministickers.nl

What then about the LEGuanO?!

#3 Fugazi

Fugazi

• Welcome to Eurobricks. How can I help you?

Member: 8966

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Here's a topic I might contribute to eventually! :grin:

I like the play area you (?) built for your kids, and if anyone else has suggestions for children-friendly LEGO play areas and storage they would also be most welcome here.
New Member? Read This | Questions? Need Help? Ask Here
Site Guidelines | Eurobricks FAQ | Visual User Guide

#4 Cara

Cara

• Green Captain of the Flying Piranha

Member: 12904

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

The best storage I've found for the kids involves a large sheet (mostly circular in shape) that you thread a cord all around the outside edge, then the legos go in the center. When you want to put it away you pile the legos onto the sheet draw the cord and you have a bag full of legos, but when you want to play they are all nicely contained on the sheet yet easy to paw through. Anything else i've found just gets tipped out and the legos go everywhere, or is too large of a permanent struture to make storage easy.
Guilds of Historica: Proud Mitgardian.  Astrun Egilsdóttir, Journeyman Bard
Tournament of Retribution III: Bluecoat, Deck Scrubber - Redcoats, Fear my Brush!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

My Flickr Album
Obsessively forcing square bricks into round shapes.

#5 Kristel

Kristel

• Drunk, Nervous and Giggling

Member: 28686

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

Here's one my little 5.5 y.o. daughter made, which she called the "Rainbow Dog".  She had to tell me what it was because I thought it was a crocodile with high legs.  

I didn't think too much of it at first, but then had a "proudest mummy in the world" moment when I saw how she had done the legs.

Posted Image
It's still sitting on my monitor hutch in front of me now.

Current Mafia: watching from the sidelines

Past Mafia: Aperture Academy - Harriet Slutter - Mafia - Silver City - CMF - After Dark - Ragnarok Now Redux - CMF2

Linkies: flickr - ModularsbyKristel (blog) - FriendsBricks - BrickLink - LPub Tutorial

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Spend wisely, build more and enjoy what you have!

#6 grace

grace

Member: 31975

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostKristel, on 04 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

Here's one my little 5.5 y.o. daughter made, which she called the "Rainbow Dog".  She had to tell me what it was because I thought it was a crocodile with high legs.  

I didn't think too much of it at first, but then had a "proudest mummy in the world" moment when I saw how she had done the legs.

It's still sitting on my monitor hutch in front of me now.

It looks like a crocodile balancing a treat on it's nose. Heh!  :grin:

So adorable! I agree, excellent work on the legs. I love it.

My 7 year old daughter is working on a jail cell. Not quite as quaint as that sweet rainbow dog. :blush:

Posted Image

My mom made a couple of storage bags for my girls, like Cara mentioned, using this tutorial. I had one as a kid that she made, and really liked it. We don't store our LEGO in it, as I like things a bit more organized, but it's a good workspace for them; one where we can easily clean up the loose bricks they are working with, without totally putting them away.

#7 Slobey

Slobey

• CC refugee

Member: 774

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

View PostCara, on 04 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

The best storage I've found for the kids involves a large sheet (mostly circular in shape) that you thread a cord all around the outside edge, then the legos go in the center. When you want to put it away you pile the legos onto the sheet draw the cord and you have a bag full of legos, but when you want to play they are all nicely contained on the sheet yet easy to paw through. Anything else i've found just gets tipped out and the legos go everywhere, or is too large of a permanent struture to make storage easy.

I've seen those before didn't Lego make one about 10 yrs ago.

We use the old babies blanket seen in the 1st pic. All you need to do is gather a few stray bricks, pick up the blanket, slide the Lego board under the table and the playroom is clear.

My wife has threatened the girls( and me ;-) ) with the vacuum a few times so we've come up with this system and it works quite well
Posted Image

#8 Speedy

Speedy

• White Reggaeist

Member: 4268

Posted 13 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

My daughter is almost four.  She made a giraffe today and was quite happy about it:

Posted Image

Da Shen

I am a Satanist and not ashamed.

My Facebook! My Tumblr

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kids

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users