chroute

MOC: modular police station

This is my latest moc: a modular police station.

Here a few pictures of the front, with a garage on the right.

police_station_4.jpg

police_station_5.jpg

police_station_6.jpg

police_station_7.jpg

police_station_21.jpg

At the back there is a wooden fence with a garden behind it:

police_station_8.jpg

police_station_9.jpg

The interior of the ground floor contains a front desk, a waiting area and a vending machine and

coffeemachine under the stairs.There is also a large painting on the otherwise dull grey wall as you can

see in the following pictures.

police_station_10.jpg

police_station_11.jpg

police_station_12.jpg

police_station_13.jpg

The first floor is the office of the police officers with four desks and a cupboard containing all the files.

police_station_14.jpg

police_station_15.jpg

police_station_16.jpg

The office of the chief is on the second floor. There is also a small cell.

police_station_17.jpg

police_station_18.jpg

police_station_19.jpg

police_station_20.jpg

Here are some other pictures showing the police station in combination with the town house.

police_station_1.jpg

police_station_2.jpg

police_station_3.jpg

I hope you all like it.

Excellent modular station 'chroute', I really like the decor of the ground floor and that vending machine is the bomb ! :grin:

Is there a roof for the gargage of the police station ? :wink:

Anyway, great work 'chroute' and Brick On ! :grin:

Is there a roof for the gargage of the police station ? :wink:

yeah, I don't if you can see it properly on the photo but there are glass panels which make the roof for the garage. It saved me plates and kept the garage reasonbly light.

yeah, I don't if you can see it properly on the photo but there are glass panels which make the roof for the garage. It saved me plates and kept the garage reasonbly light.

Yes on closer inspection I can see two 1x6x5 trans-clear panels.....nice one ! :thumbup:

That's really nice, especially the interior. As lightningtiger said, the vending machine is excellent. I also like the different types of window arrangements on the backside. There's a lot of variety but still balance from floor to floor.

I really like how you made the different vending machines and the large bookcase. Overall it's a great design and you did an outstanding job on it. The outside of the building really captures that classic city building style from the early 1900's. Great work!! Looking forward to seeing more of your MOCs.

Very Market Street-esque. I like all the details you put in this. The big file cabinet, and the big brown fence(you don't see many like it). That cells a bit cramped. Don't you think? :wink:

This is a really nice modular! The exterior was clearly inspired by the Fire Brigade, and I bet they would make a good pair together. The inside has some really clever details - the vending machine is especially well done.

The first floor has really tall ceiling. The entire building looks so much bigger and menacing than the house next door :laugh:

Nice police station! Compact and complete!

i like your facade! that must have taken up some (read: many) bricks! :laugh:

the case files are sure plenty for this police station!

I love this piece! I agree that it blends well with the Fire Station. Awesome work.

Love it. I also like the garage rear looking like a quick mod would open it up so it could lead straight into a separate 32x32 vehicle yard.

Thank you for all your nice comments!

That cells a bit cramped. Don't you think?

I totally agree with you on that one. But I had to work with very little space so I think this was the best solution.

that must have taken up some (read: many) bricks!

it did take up a lot of bricks. I bought the fire brigade and the lego emporium for a second time to build new modulars. It probably isn't the cheapest way... anyway this is the first modular I built from those two sets combined.

I really like this. I think the garage would probably make a nice break in a line of modulars - after all, there's normally a couple of 'holes' in a whole block of buildings - and you've managed to fit quite a lot of interior details into the relatively small space available in the building. As others have said, the vending machine and file shelf are very nice touches. And the blue and light bluish gray colours for the facade work very well. All in all, a great job!

I love this MOC! It seems only fair that there be a police station as well as a fire station in the Modular Building series.pirate_thumbup.gif

That is a really great police station 'chroute'. :thumbup:

The front looks really good with the dark blue, and has a 'London' feel to me. My only comment would be the gap at the end of the letters.

The interior looks also very good. The reception area looks great. The vending machine is a nice detail. And the painting is nicely dramatic.

Overall it is very well done.

That is a great MOC!

I especially like the "POLICE" snot writing. I also have plans to build a modular police station, using the same dark blue tiles that you chose. However, my plans are for an inside-corner building (which Lego has not done [yet!]).

Your MOC fits right in to the street.

is there any chance of the build method and a parts list being put up for this?

i am seriously considering adding this to my town, with your approval of course,

This is really impressive, and would make a great addition to any modular layout. :thumbup:

I am really getting into these modular style buildings. And this one does not disappoint. I really like the shape of the building with the interior being nicely detailed. My only gripe, there isn't more! Keep up the good work.

Thanks again for the nice comments!

is there any chance of the build method and a parts list being put up for this?

I'm sorry, I haven't got either of those at the moment. Maybe something for the future in which case I'll post it in this topic. I can't promise anything though.