Sign in to follow this  
George G.

Modular Madness: The Antique Shoppe

indexed.gif B-M-04D

The Antique Shoppe

7204675694_ee1581067c.jpg

I'm a fan of micro building and when I saw the category I thought I'd give an entry a go.

I've built a stucco-and-timber style building before in Minifigure scale (http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/289339) but couldn't work out a way to get the diagonal beams. Now, in microscale, I developed a way by sandwiching a 1x1 tile between 2 oppositely-facing cheese slopes. The whole building interior is filled up by the SNOT reinforcements and the sides were difficult to build due to half stud offset on each floor to make the overhang :thumbup:

Another difficulty was trying to fit all the SNOT onto the 8x8 base, but after much fiddling and redesign I got it on there.

Very nicely done :sweet:. You can clearly see what type of building it's supposed to be, and there's some awesome SNOT work on it. Good luck in the contest.

Very nice mini design 'George G.', what's SNOT to :wub: about it eh ? :grin:

Good luck in the contest and Brick On ! :classic:

And were off.........

Very nice intricate building with some cool techniques, well done and good luck in the contest :thumbup:

Wonderful! Love the projecting floors, very authentic medieval construction. It has all the ramshackle character of a very old building too.

I have also experienced the joy of an idea you couldn't execute in minifig scale working out in micro!

Good luck!

Great job on this. You really packed in a lot of details. I just started making some mini modulars and know how hard it is to get all the details in and you did a great job with it.