JoergH

LDCad - search for part number

Hi,

i installed LDCad with LDDraw and i try to filter/search for a part number (370226 for example).

I clicked any checkbox to search in name, description etc., but i dont get any result.

Can anybody help me?

I included the libary in the LDraw-Seachpath in LDCad allready...

Any idears?

Thanks!

joerg

370226 is a statically colored part, so be sure 'color parts' is checked in the include panel.

Also are you sure you are using a bin group that actually contains that part as colored parts are not included in the normal sorted and by category groups. Or use the generic search group to search the entire library.

Sorry wrong thread, admins feel free to delete this post.

Edited by roland

This problem has been bugging me for days and searches keep taking me back to this thread, so this is my slightly more detailed solution.

1. Find the LDraw part number. (https://rebrickable.com/sets/31313-1/mindstorms-ev3-ev3-2013#parts_list for example)

2. In the Parts Bin, navigate to the top-level group and click on the figure with the magnifying glass "Search the inventory."

3. Click where is says "no filter" and enter the LDraw part number in the text box of the pop-up.

4. Select "Match on Name" and make sure all the "Include" boxes are checked.

This works because the LDraw number is the name of the file, but does not appear in the actual description text.