Brickthing

Hero Factory Month - Index and Discussion

mainimagebannerform500.png

Welcome, citizens of Eurobricks, to Hero Factory Month! Read on to find out all the festivities and challenges that will be occurring this month!

First off, I'd like to that the Community and Hero Factory teams at LEGO for generously sponsoring the contest with signed Hero Factory and Chima sets, which I'm sure will get many of you very excited!

8819054830_561725303d_c.jpg

So, onto the events of the month!

Contests!

Hero or Monster Contest

Category 1 - Monstrous Hero

• 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44014 Jet Rocka + 44008 Surge + 44012 Evo
  • 2nd Place: 44014 Jet Rocka + 44008 Surge + 44012 Evo

Category 2 - Before and After Brain Infection

• 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44009 Dragon Bolt + 44011 Frost Beast + 44013 Aquagon
  • 2nd Place: 44009 Dragon Bolt + 44011 Frost Beast + 44013 Aquagon

Category 3 - Digital Hero

• 1st Place: Choice of Signed/Unsigned 44010 Stormer
  • 2nd Place: 44010 Stormer

Chima Raffle/Contest

Reviews!

Thanks to the support of LEGO, over the course of the month we'll be reviewing all of the Hero Factory and Chima 2nd half sets, as well as looking at the theme waves and Constraction theme as a whole. Watch this space for links as they come...

Giveaways!

Over the course of the month there will be some random giveaways to members participating in Action Figure discussion. Posting a lot won't improve your chances of winning, but contribute regularly and you could find yourself with a 6230 Stormer XL or 6228 Thornraxx.

And more!

There will be more announcements as the month continues, so stay tuned!

Action figures finally get their month! When you say action figures as a whole will be reviewed, does that include Galidor?

Oh my goodness, signed LEGO sets? Signed by the actual design team I presume? This is... one of the most brilliant LEGO contest prizes I've ever known! *tears of joy* I already see names in that pile that I recognize!

I will try to find time to enter this contest. I am currently staying at a relative's house and am away from my collection, so I won't get as early a start as some builders. And I'm not going to get my hopes up too high since I'm far from a gifted MOCist (my truly impressive MOCs only occur after inspiration happens to strike and I have a couple weeks to refine my ideas, and such opportunities don't come about as often as I'd like).

The fact that there's a digital component is a great benefit, but I'm also up against much more competent competition in that category! Certainly I have no meaningful experience rendering custom building elements or even rendering LDraw or LDD models in POVray. So I'll have to put a lot of time into an entry for that contest and may need to try some new things.

Also looking forward to the reviews and giveaways! I'll be honest, I'm not too concerned with winning the giveaways myself, not because Thornraxx and Stormer XL are bad prizes (they're even good sets to have in multiples) but because since I already have these sets and am not in desperate need of expanding my collection, it would be just as nice to see someone else get them! Still it's a great way to revitalize interest in the subforum. The other announcements intrigue me, and I have no idea what to expect (Set designer interviews? Some kind of community building activity?), but whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome!

Overall, you guys really know how to get me excited! Best of luck to anyone entering either contest, and here's hoping even Eurobricks members who haven't really indulged in constraction sets and MOCs will find ways to join in the fun this month!

Action figures finally get their month! When you say action figures as a whole will be reviewed, does that include Galidor?

That wasn't in the plan, but I did pick up a few Galidor sets recently... :grin:

The other announcements intrigue me, and I have no idea what to expect (Set designer interviews? Some kind of community building activity?), but whatever it is I'm sure it will be awesome!

:innocent:

I'm not entering either. I'm gonna be a man and BUY 'EM!

I need to actually buy a set with a brain before I can start building anything for this...

Also, if the first place winner opts to take the unsigned copies, does the runner-up get them? :P

finally! time for action figures to rise! don't know if i will entering the contest or not, since as of now i still don't have any brain slug. maybe gonna try for the giveaway...

Yes!!! Contests I might have a chance in winning!!! Thank you TLG and Eurobricks Staff!!!

Edited by howie28

Man, and on the month all of my LEGO sets are in storage for a house move. What a bummer!

That said, I'm really excited for this month overall. I see you guys using some HS01 images and such, so if there's anything else you need from us, just let me know! I already included a little shoutout of this on our news. At the very least, I can definitely do some action figure forum participation (which is kind of my bread and butter anyway =P), and those contest entries will be fun to see.

Great theme, guys.

Edited by Dorek

Awesome! I will definitely build a custom figure! That is: when my test are over -.-

I need to actually buy a set with a brain before I can start building anything for this...

Also, if the first place winner opts to take the unsigned copies, does the runner-up get them? :P

1.Oh dear god you're going to be in this contest?Well....I dead.

2.Exactly what I was thinking.You know that would suck because you wouldn't even ever wanna open the signed sets.

Not sure if I'm going to participate. I've been working on a MOC and I'm probably going to post it sometime soon, but not necessarily for the contest.

That's not entirely set in stone... you could always try your hand at a custom brain. Getting that texture on the top surface would be incredibly difficult, but if you could achieve something to that effect it would make your entry all the more impressive!

Good point, Aanch, I may have to do that... >:D

2.Exactly what I was thinking.You know that would suck because you wouldn't even ever wanna open the signed sets.

And that's why I'd take the option of unsigned sets. I'd rather they go to someone who'd appreciate the value of a set designer's signature- I mean, that's really cool and all, but I don't consider it very personally valuable as some others would.

Buy a small set, Like Aquagon or something?

Well now that Chro is in the contest, We're all screwed.

Glad to see our area getting some love on the forums. And excellent prizes, having them signed is a very awesome idea.

Well now that Chro is in the contest, We're all screwed.

1.Oh dear god you're going to be in this contest?Well....I dead.

* cracks knuckles *

To me it seems that nobody claims your built brain actually has to look even remotely like the pre-fabricated brain of the sets. Use the imagination.

Maybe I'll enter something, although my time for building is very limited right now. But if I win something (highly unlikely) I would donate the set to somebody I like. I can just buy a set anytime and go to the designer and have it signed :sweet:

Erland

Part Design

Yes finally! I'm pumped! Been waiting for something like this ever since I joined! :sweet:. Also, can we enter all the categories, or only one?

Edited by Infernum

Yes finally! I'm pumped! Been waiting for something like this ever since I joined! :sweet:. Also, can we enter all the categories, or only one?

One entry pr. member pr. contenst.

So you can enter all three !

Check the links in the first post, which leads you to the contents details.

The runner-up gets the set left over, but if both winners want unsigned copies I can arrange for the signatures to be removed with rubbing alcohol. :classic:

(I kid, I kid! You'd be stuck with an awesome signed set, or we can figure something out if that case arises.)

One entry pr. member pr. contenst.

So you can enter all three !

Check the links in the first post, which leads you to the contents details.

:thumbup: