Kai NRG

[WZ8:L11, Ulandus] Battle for the Bog

The High Council had landed on a narrow strip of land and started to throw up defenses. Unfortunately for them, the Ulandians were on their tail with a pair of small patrol boats!

16978949137_a79d029094.jpg

They easily put the few soldiers the High Council had thought fit to send to rout!

16563935044_e14c6f3f1d.jpg

Comments are welcome!

Wow, that's a great entry :wub: . I love all the little details (the fence, and all the stuff on the ground) and how you made the boats and the water :thumbup:

Edited by Balbo

Outstanding fence design :wub: The little boats are neat too, and the ground texture is excellent :thumbup:

Great entry Kai! The ground and the fence look really good! One question: What is that black stuff stretching from the back of the boat onto the shore? At first I thought it was vines but now I'm confused as to why it is on the boat.

That's a superb action scene with excellent minifig posing. The fence is extraordinary. The other details - the vegetation, the cattails, the custom boats - really bring it to life. I don't like to be critical but the standard blue SNOT water just looks too much like a motionless copper sulfate solution, here and everywhere else that it's been done. And the brightly colored border is visually distracting (breaking my number one rule of building) but I see you were just trying to use the CMF baseplates without showing bare studs, and that is always a good idea! Very good overall composition and a fine addition to your portfolio.

Thanks everyone! Personally, I think this is one of my best entries into this challenge so far!

Great entry Kai! The ground and the fence look really good! One question: What is that black stuff stretching from the back of the boat onto the shore? At first I thought it was vines but now I'm confused as to why it is on the boat.

I think the problem is that the weapons on the back of the boat are black and then there's a bit of dead vegitation on the shore that's also black, but they aren't attached although that's hard to tell from the angle!

Thank you!

That's a superb action scene with excellent minifig posing. The fence is extraordinary. The other details - the vegetation, the cattails, the custom boats - really bring it to life. I don't like to be critical but the standard blue SNOT water just looks too much like a motionless copper sulfate solution, here and everywhere else that it's been done. And the brightly colored border is visually distracting (breaking my number one rule of building) but I see you were just trying to use the CMF baseplates without showing bare studs, and that is always a good idea! Very good overall composition and a fine addition to your portfolio.

Thank you! It's unquestionably true that standard blue SNOT water is a bit lack luster, but unfortunately I do not have a whole lot of option right now! Dark green or maybe dark blue would probably have been better.

Great entry Kai, I'll echo the others about the fence and boats! :thumbup: You should never underestimate your enemies (at least if they are Ulanders! :laugh:)

Pretty scene! The landscaping here looks great, the regular green looks great here too! I'll have to echo others and compliment that wonderful fence and those nifty little boats. Nice entry Kai! :thumbup:

:thumbup: Funky little boats.

Thanks gedren!

Great entry Kai, I'll echo the others about the fence and boats! :thumbup: You should never underestimate your enemies (at least if they are Ulanders! :laugh:)

Thanks! I sympathize with that statement! :grin:

Very nice! I like that fence!

Thanks RC!

Pretty scene! The landscaping here looks great, the regular green looks great here too! I'll have to echo others and compliment that wonderful fence and those nifty little boats. Nice entry Kai! :thumbup:

Thank you! That fence seems to have been a bit hit!