Sign in to follow this  
Tanotrooper

Demain, dès l'aube remake

Hello everyone,

it's been quite a while since I logged in on EB, but I'm going to make it up to you. :classic:

Some of you may remember the brickfilm I made of the poem "demain, dès l'aube" by Victor Hugo (the thread can be found at the back of this forum I believe)

Well, the same assignment was given for my French class this year: make something creative about a poem.

Since this poem was in the list and I already had an idea for a remake, I began making a storyboard and designing the movie.

The film features a lot of new MOCs from WWI, ranging from the mini airplanes to the German Feldkanone. This was also the first time I used my TTfigs in an animation, which had it pros and cons. I toyed with some visual ideas such as the sniper scope and the first person eye view, both constructed with bricks.

In the end I must admit that the story in the original version was better told and perhaps contained more of the essence of the poem. But, this one gives the poem a new dimension by introducing a second narrator and gives a better view of WWI , something which was one of my primary goals. Also, the soundtrack was played completely on piano by myself which was fun to do but hard to record... (My first year of piano btw :classic: )

Enough talk, here is the movie:

Hope you'll enjoy and I'd appreciate comments or constructive criticism :classic:

TT

SPOILER

For those of you who can't really follow the story in French: The man goes to war and his wife and child stay at home. Eventually the child has died which causes the man to be off guard which gets him killed. A friend takes revenge and returns the belongings to the soldier's wife.

The end :tongue:

Nice to see a rather good Lego WW1 film finally :pirate:

You've done a good job. There were a lot of great things in it, like the minfigs, the trenches, the view through the gunsight and the closing eye.

The animation itself could have been a little bit smoother and better and some explosion sounds would also be nice (though the brick-explosion is very cool).

Anyway, good job, one of the best Lego WWI films I've seen so far :thumbup:

Very Nice! I really like The trenches, uniforms, and the music! :classic: The animation was a bit slow, but not that bad. Very nice overall. :sweet: