I Scream Clone

Eurobricks Spaghetti Western Competition

Eurobricks Spaghetti Western Competition

5925420172_67b11be454_z.jpg

Rules:

• The contest will run from now Friday 15th of July until Saturday 10th of September (CET 20:00), so 8 weeks in total.

• You are allowed to enter with multiple entries.

• Customization is allowed, including decals, string, sails, however no Cutting of bricks.

• 3rd party customs are allowed including for example Brickarms, Brickforge.

• All building techniques are allowed, including tiling and SNOT bases.

• No minifig or piece limit.

• No clone brands.

• No digital entries.

• All entries must be new creations that have never been displayed anywhere before.

• Judging will take place by a public vote (trying to manipulate the vote in any way will get you disqualified)

• Important: Each entry should be posted in its own thread, like you would with a regular MOC. All entry threads are to be created in our LEGO History Forum. The thread title should be WW Category 1,2 or 3: (Entry Name) and and the description of the entry thread can be anything you want. Make sure to follow the title format very strictly!

• Post maximum 15 pictures (maximum size 800x600) in your entry thread - the first picture will be used for the voting thread. Make use of Brickshelf, Flickr etc to host your pictures rather than Eurobricks. You can link to an external gallery, where there are no image or picture size limitations. See these tutorials for help with resizing images and deeplinking.

• No webcam or handphone camera images can be used for the submitted entry. It must be taken in a clean and decent background with enough brightness to show the beauty of your entry.

• First picture may not have a digital backdrop added, except for a simple colour and the MOC's title. Whilst additional pictures can have a digital background of cacti, rivers, tunnels, etc.

Categories:

1. Design a Wild West train. Limit yourself to a maximum of four wagons/cars/coaches/flat beds etc. Engine can include a tender as well and it will not be included in the four car limit. You are allowed to include railway track, however a full MOC background is not permitted as this category is all about the train! :wink: You are free to use as many figures on or around the train.

2. Build a western influenced town. Let your imagination run away from you. This category could include a Saloon township, Indian Reservation, Cavalry fort, Mining town, whatever screams Western to you! Maximum size of 64x64 studs. As many figures as you like too!

3. Design a Vignette with custom minifig scale Western Figure. Build a vignette (maximum size 16 x 16, with minimal overhang allowed) featuring your custom western figure. You may include other minifigures in your vignette as well, just make sure to indicate which figure is the custom center piece.

Prizes and Shipping:

Brick Warriors have been very kind in sponsoring our second place prizes with a lovely custom figure featuring some brand new molds! Be sure to check out the new store when it opens shortly for loads of great new molds.

Category 1 and 2, 1st prize: For each of these 2 categories the winner gets a budget of 200 Euro (~283 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home + some money for shipment directly from S@H. Winners chose the sets they want as long as they are in the budget (like we did with the D2C contest). Limit of 5 sets per winner.

Category 3, 1st prize: You get a budget of 50 Euro (~70 US$) to buy sets on LEGO Shop@Home + some money for shipment directly from S@H. Winners chose the sets they want as long as they are in the budget (like we did with the D2C contest). Limit of 5 sets per winner.

2nd prize in all three categories: You win a custom Western figure designed by Brick Warriors, see below (Value = priceless, only a limited run of this figure exists). These will be mailed to you direct from Brick Warriors!

med_gallery_2955_116_74226.jpg

Any questions should be posted here in the discussion thread.

Get building and good luck!

This sounds like an amazing contest. There's also a great amount of freedom as in what we can use to make our entries. I'm certainly giving the second category a go, I've always wanted to make a Western town. The prizes are also great. I hope to see some beautiful creations the following weeks. :thumbup:

Wow. I don't think I've ever seen quite so much leeway in a contest before. Very cool. Sweet fig, too. :thumbup:

Hmm, a town eh ? :grin:

200 Euro's.....263 dollars AU.....I'm interested.....In fact I was thinking of what use those large brown log panels for.......the wheels in my head are turning....ever so slowly though ! :laugh:

This one count me in.

Yay, another contest! I'm already filling up with ideas. It's great that you're allowing up to 15 images for the entries, since you can't really do justice to big MOCs in only three or four photos.

Let's begin the series of classic contest questions:

Are digital backgrounds allowed?

Yay, another contest! I'm already filling up with ideas. It's great that you're allowing up to 15 images for the entries, since you can't really do justice to big MOCs in only three or four photos.

Let's begin the series of classic contest questions:

Are digital backgrounds allowed?

Digital backgrounds have been discussed and the Staff feel that provided the first picture is clean (ie a plain colour background from PS etc) additional pictures will be allowed to have edited backgrounds.

So first picture may not have a digital backdrop added, except for a simple colour and the MOC's title. Whilst additional pictures can have a digital background of cacti, rivers, tunnels, etc.

Rules have been updated accordingly.

Wow, another fabulous contest! Good luck to all who enter!

Btw ISC, your brickwarriors urls are bringing up 404 errors.

CF

One question.

If you win the first prize (200 Euros, which is 280 USD), and you want the UCS Imperial Shuttle, which costs 260 USD in the US, but also costs 260 Euros, for example, in Germany. However, you live in a country which hasn't got any S@H channels.

Will you be able to get it?

Edited by gogocar

Very nice! I know who will especially enjoy entering this contest.

I see minifigures are mentioned here and there, but is micro/miniland/macro-scale allowed?

Sweet! Finally a contest I can sink my teeth into (are bite marks allowed? hehe).

This is going to be fun!

Ooh, a historic contest! Haven't had one of those in a while! And it's a Western one at that! Western sets are among the ones that I have the most of, so this contest is pretty much perfect for me. The amount of freedom and the generous prizes make it even better! I'll definitely try to enter at least one of the categories.

Looking forward to all the entries!

Funny, as I was reading this, I turn to look and on the TV is Tom and Jerry battling it out Western style. :laugh:

I'll be sure to take part in this contest, sounds like there are some great prizes and it sounds like a fun contest overall. :)

Very interesting contest. I think this might be the first History contest I have seen since I joined the site. I might have a go but I really want to see everyone's entries more. I am sure this will show some amazing MOCers in the forum.

One question.

If you win the first prize (200 Euros, which is 280 USD), and you want the UCS Imperial Shuttle, which costs 260 USD in the US, but also costs 260 Euros, for example, in Germany. However, you live in a country which hasn't got any S@H channels.

Will you be able to get it?

Not sure I get the first part of your question, but if you win category 1 or category 2 you get 200 Euro for spending on sets at S@H. If you live in the US (for example) you choose your sets on S@H (select US country) and convert to Euro using http://xe.com to make sure you are not exceeding the budget.

If S@H doesn't deliver to your country (suppose you live in Zimbabwe) we'll work something out, no worries :wink:

Hopefully this does not sound like a stupid question?

As this is being sponsored by the History section must the Western torn be a Historical western town or could a more liberal interpretation of the 'Western' be theme perfectly acceptable? In other words as long as the town contains western inspired elements is this OK?

Fantastic contest and I look forward to seeing the entries - But I have an idea and hope that I can enter it!

Edited by mookage

Not sure I get the first part of your question, but if you win category 1 or category 2 you get 200 Euro for spending on sets at S@H. If you live in the US (for example) you choose your sets on S@H (select US country) and convert to Euro using http://xe.com to make sure you are not exceeding the budget.

If S@H doesn't deliver to your country (suppose you live in Zimbabwe) we'll work something out, no worries :wink:

Thanks for the answer, Bonaparte, but I was trying to figure out this:

UCS Imperial Shuttle, price in the US (USA S@H) 260 USD ~ 180 Euros - doesn't exceed the 200 Euro budget

UCS Imperial Shuttle, price in Germany (German S@H) 260 Euros - exceeds the 200 Euro budget

It doesn't seem fair that someone who lives in the US is able to get this set, and someone who lives in Germany isn't.

Also, if you live in country which doesn't have any S@H channels, from which country's S@H are you going to take the prices, German's or US'?

Edited by gogocar

Thanks for the answer, Bonaparte, but I was trying to figure out this:

UCS Imperial Shuttle, price in the US (USA S@H) 260 USD ~ 180 Euros - doesn't exceed the 200 Euro budget

UCS Imperial Shuttle, price in Germany (German S@H) 260 Euros - exceeds the 200 Euro budget

It doesn't seem fair that someone who lives in the US is be able to get this set, and someone who lives in Germany isn't.

You are right, it doesn't seem fair.

Also, if you live in country which doesn't have any S@H channels, from which country's S@H are you going to take the prices, German's or US'?

If S@H doesn't deliver to the country of a winner, then the prize won't come from S@H. We'll work that out when the problem presents itself but I can see a wide range of solutions.

Might be a bit of a silly question, but can we use Tribal people for category 3? :classic: (I know that some people don't approve of using the term "Red Indians" so I'm using "Tribal People" :classic: )

Wow, another fabulous contest! Good luck to all who enter!

Btw ISC, your brickwarriors urls are bringing up 404 errors.

CF

That's because the site isn't up and working yet. His Flickr group is though.

Very nice! I know who will especially enjoy entering this contest.

I see minifigures are mentioned here and there, but is micro/miniland/macro-scale allowed?

This is fine for categories 1 and 2, but its hard to make a custom figure in micro scale. If you want to build a town or train in macro scale, then it will be huge! Might have trouble building a town on 64x64 though :wink:

Custom figures for Cat 3 should be minifig scale, rules updated.

Are brick-built figures allowed for the custom minifigue contest? e.g: A figure made using minifigure legs and a head but a brick-built torso and arms.

Go for it, its still custom after all!

Hopefully this does not sound like a stupid question?

As this is being sponsored by the History section must the Western torn be a Historical western town or could a more liberal interpretation of the 'Western' be theme perfectly acceptable? In other words as long as the town contains western inspired elements is this OK?

Fantastic contest and I look forward to seeing the entries - But I have an idea and hope that I can enter it!

Western inspired is fine as well. It doesn't have to be 100% historically accurate, we only want to see amazing builds! Just remember your idea may not always be what others perceive as Western, which may or may not cost you votes. I once built an Islander's temple for a Pirate comp and one, sometimes thinking outside the box pays off :grin:

Might be a bit of a silly question, but can we use Tribal people for category 3? :classic: (I know that some people don't approve of using the term "Red Indians" so I'm using "Tribal People" :classic: )

That's fine, they are LEGO figures after all :wink:

I don't think I could do this justice, as although I'm fascinated by the Western theme, I don't have any minifigs that are suitable, so my scene would look a bit odd.

Really looking forward to what everyone comes up with; it's an excellent competition. :thumbup: