Sign in to follow this  
Pate-keetongu

MOC: Samus Aran

16707526794_2ba9238f1e_c.jpg

Revamped version from 2015 above, old version from 2013 below - More photos on the new one at the end of the post and, on larger amounts, at Cyclopic Bricks.

11367793686_f28ebb671c_c.jpg

Ladies and henkselmen, here is my newest creation on the fine fields of Bionicle/HF building, Samus Aran in her Zero Suit from Metroid games, inspired by the hours of playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

11367920713_59ba285348_c.jpg

Some parts of this MOC were hard, some easy. The limbs and the lower torso came out without serious pain, but the upper torso and the face were very very tricky... The face is still a bit flat, but it's bloody hard to achieve any femine facial features with our favourite bricks. The stunner pistol can also work as a plasma whip as seen in Brawl.

More on Cyclopic Bricks and Brickshelf folder. Feedback would be awesome.

This is great! Makes me want to play SSB Brawl... If I owned it. :cry_sad: (I own the original though! :wink:)

Do you have plans of ever building Samus with her armor?

Edited by Lego Spy

Samus looking like a girl? Blasphemy :laugh:. Anyway, nice MOC, although the head just doesn't look right.

Really fantastic MOC. I could see what people are saying about the face, but it's hard to portray her face while fitting the style you presented for the rest of the body. :classic:

I don't wanna be that guy, and I think I'll get the elephant in the room out- I really like how you did her butt. :grin::thumbup:

Thanks for kind works, everybody. Yes, the face is not perfect, but if anyone has any suggestions how to make it better, I would be glad.

I don't wanna be that guy' date=' and I think I'll get the elephant in the room out- I really like how you did her butt.[/quote']

Sooner or later, ahehe.

Do you have plans of ever building Samus with her armor?

Did already, see here.

It's the face that kills it.

Well, one part that couldn't be achieved so well didn't stop me from posting and building this MOC.

Judging from her feet (which seem to have heels), this design reminds me more of Other M rather than Brawl.

Anyway, this figure looks pretty neat, even if the face is a bit odd, but I don't know how to make human faces with LEGO either, so yeah...

Judging from her feet (which seem to have heels), this design reminds me more of Other M rather than Brawl.

Anyway, this figure looks pretty neat, even if the face is a bit odd, but I don't know how to make human faces with LEGO either, so yeah...

Thanks! Yep, the design is from Other M, as I noted from my blog, while the common inspiration is from Brawl.

Thank you Zork for pointing out that the non-canon design was used.

Metroid Other M is actually more canon than Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Which is unfortunate, if you ask me.

Metroid Other M is actually more canon than Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Which is unfortunate, if you ask me.

I say it's a non-canon design mostly due to the way Team Ninja did her power/Varia suit. Screwed it up if you ask me.

Oh my God!!! It's very fantastic, I see the problem is only with the face but it couldn't be done any better and the whole building ofd the body just makes you ignore it. Awesome :wub:

I say it's a non-canon design mostly due to the way Team Ninja did her power/Varia suit. Screwed it up if you ask me.

That doesn't make the Varia Suit design non-canon. Other M is part of the Metroid story line, so it's canon. Also, I'm not sure if that is Team Ninja's fault. Most of the things Other M get criticized for are actually the fault of Nintendo.

Besides, I have to admit that I liked the design of the Varia Suit in Other M (and the design of most of the Super Metroid enemies in Other M as well), although I preferred her design in Brawl. And on that note, I don't like how small her shoulder pads are in the new Smash Bros., they look even compared to Other M rather small.

Samus' Zero Suit on the other hand made me facepalm once I noticed she got heels in Other M. I really hope Zero Suit Samus won't have those in Smash.

Ah, I missed playing Brawl and crushing my friends using Samus or Ike...

Anyways, great model. Very realistic.

This topic shall be risen from the tides of the decades: Kapwing!

16707526794_2ba9238f1e_c.jpg

17122541307_472d7981a7_c.jpg

17329584251_9e2a9eda95_c.jpg

17143738919_0f2319b126_c.jpg

I tend to modify my old creations. Watching them from day to day on their shelves make me realize how some parts could be made so much better.

This new version was build gradually, beginning with making the upper torso and the upper arms sturdies (and well, better colored and shaped at the same time), then making the base to allow better posing and finishing with completely reworking the head - it kept exploding and batarang eyes are so 2013.

I just hope they would do 5M shells (or 4M, what ere those on the middle torso, now) in dark blue so I could complete the color line from Visorak foot to 2x2 studless curved wedge, but otherwise I'm sort of happy with this.

There are dozens of more photos on the blog, and some talk too, in case you are interested. Enjoy.

The colors look much better, almost like the new Gali's Dark Azure, but I'm sure that many of the parts (like the Rahkshi parts) don't come in any lighter shade of blue than what you used initially. Did you just light it differently? Or did you do some post=production editing?

In any case, I like what you've done with the face and hair, which both look much less severe and angular.

Thanks guys!

The blue looks azure because the photos were taken against the sunset around 7:30 PM, which turned the photos rather blue, and via color balance fix on Gimp to beautiful azure. It looked rather beautiful so I let the photos be like that; Making then less azure would have made the yellow on the hair way too dark.

I wish there would be enough parts on Gali's azure but that's not going to happen, so I'll stick with regular blue even though it's a bit too dark to actual Samus.