lightningtiger

MOC - Workshop Supply & Engineering building

Inspired by a building belonging to an old company called G.J. Dix & Sons (now known as Dix Engineering) in Renmark (South Australia), supplies tools, welding products and mechanical parts (bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.,.) plus manufacturing from steel and sheet metal.

So here we go - a W-I-P still using parts from the BOC and CBC MOC's.

0000_1_workshop_supplies_098.jpg

0000_1_workshop_supplies_099.jpg

More to come, like more interior and some workshop areas for welding sheetmetal into vats or hoppers, etc.,.

Comments welcome and keep on watching ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

What a beauty, LT.

That's a terrific looking building with a bit of the art-deco about it.

Interior is nice too.

Great job.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Thanks 'AJ', I should say the workshop/manufacturing side will be on the left of the building.

There is also a display to be completed just before the red hand-stack trolley plus sign writing (stickering) in that big white section - need sticker paper again, early next week I say. :blush:

Keep those comments comming ! :grin:

This is a great one. Even if we don't have much buildings of that style over here in Germany, it feels very alive and familiar. Must be that workin' flair :thumbup:

Thank you both 'Horry' and 'icy brick' for your kind words.

Anyway, I must work on a name for this business.....might chase up my family tree is see if there is a catchy name to use. :wink:

Also I must make a small merchandiser for the Morey's lube products and a rack for yes, for more shovels....you can never have too many shovels. :laugh:

Keep on commenting......keep on watching ! :grin:

Very nice exterior facade of the building (esp. the recessed white brick top portion, for signage possibly?) even though based in Australia your building could fit into almost any small town U.S.A. street scene. My only visual issue is the planeness of the tan look all the way around but I understand its still a work in progress. But great design!

Thanks for the feedback 'gcanik', yes...the white section will be signage (once I have a fresh pack of sticker paper :blush: ) and well, more interior signage might help the plainness of the creation. But remember it's a place, for builders, farmers and mechanics to shop at or order something made...so it doesn't have to look like the shopping centre. :wink:

Keep commenting, suggesting, etc., plus keep on watching ! :grin:

Looking promissing lightningtiger. :thumbup:

But remember it's a place, for builders, farmers and mechanics to shop at or order something made...so it doesn't have to look like the shopping centre. :wink:

And does this mean will be seeing pictures of naked minifigs on the wall? :grin:

Female ones ? :devil::laugh:

Maybe a calender on a wall by a workbench, anyway I have just designed a kind of sheet metal bender/folder for the manufacturing side of this business.

Keep on commenting, etc.,. ! :grin:

This looks interesting, lightningtiger. I agree with others, the outside is slightly bland, but I'm sure it will look loads better with everything else you plan to add. How do you plan on putting everything else in though? Just curious.

Female ones ? :devil::laugh:

Maybe a calender on a wall by a workbench, anyway I have just designed a kind of sheet metal bender/folder for the manufacturing side of this business.

Keep on commenting, etc.,. ! :grin:

Whatever tickles your soul mate. :drool:

Whatever tickles your soul mate. :drool:

I know a photo of a female with the mermaid torso and she is laying back across the bonnet of a car....you know the typical car lovers poster....cool wheels and hot babes. (sorry, for sexism there :blush: ).

Now, the King's comments, as I said before more stickering is to be done soon (once I have purchased the materials - I have run out :blush: ) and the manufacture side will be the store fronts left (the side you don't see yet.

If you are wondering where this will go, along the road to the town centre and at the intersection where the Ford dealer is.

Keep those comments comming, oh, yeah.....ideas for new machinery used in sheet metal or other metal work ? :grin:

Oh, quickly.....

4649097108_ec2a7b0403.jpg

Whew, found a picture of the place I based parts of the building on. :blush:

Keep on commenting ! :grin:

Very nice exterior facade of the building (esp. the recessed white brick top portion, for signage possibly?) even though based in Australia your building could fit into almost any small town U.S.A. street scene. My only visual issue is the planeness of the tan look all the way around but I understand its still a work in progress. But great design!

When I saw it it reminded me of the many rural sandstone buildings I'd seen in South Australia. Perhaps the plainness is exactly what makes the difference between the US and Oz, since more ornamentation would look wrong for this style of building to me.

Thank you 'peterab' for your input and comments, true, in South Australia many art-deco buildings in the country are a little plain, but that just adds the realism of a different time and place. :classic:

I'm going to try and do some interior work in a minute or so, if I do then I'll post it not long after. :blush:

Keep on watching ! :grin:

I like the rack for the shovels.

:classic: :classic:

Thanks 'AJ', I first used that trick in the Landmark store (which is more for humble farmer) and this place for the farmer who thinks they are Bob The Builder too ! :laugh:

Just downloaded some images to use as front of boxes of Dyna-Bolts.....dam, I need that photo sticker paper...oh, well this week ! :blush:

Keep on watching everyone ! :grin:

Gee, it's being quite across the whole town forum today, oh, well.... :blush:

A written update now, I'll be buying in some parts to change some of the interior, on the wall by the counter will be the bearing/belt/mechanical stuff, far wall display - digging tools and extra welding stuff, so the shopping fittings are going to be improved again. :wink:

To the left of the store, a roller door section of 22 stud wide goes in along with a copy of this store, but it will have a workshop and drafting room in it instead.

Once completed, I'll jump back into the shopping centre....so you haven't seen the last of that one yet by a long shot ! :grin:

Another quick update.....

0000_1_workshop_supplies_093.jpg

0000_1_workshop_supplies_094.jpg

More still to come so keep on watching ! :grin:

Oh, quick edit.....just found a company in Queensland - Walsh & Ford - Dalby, QLD, that makes stuff plus sells BOC gear and bearings too ! :laugh:

Cool another example to use as a yard stick.

Keep on watching everyone ! :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Gee, it's still so quite on this forum ! :look::wink:

Now I have a name for this business - J. Shearer & Sons - I have designed the signage and I just need those stickers and she'll be right....that's Aussie for it will be okay. :wink:

I'm actually having fun with this creation....oh, and the reason for the name...later I'll tell you....perhaps Google John Shearer at Mannum and it might just be explained.

:sweet: LOOKS GOOD !!

What´s next ?

Thanks 'icy brick', next is the stickering inside and out of the store, then a start made on the roller door section and after that the workshops, etc in a similar style building like this one.