Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

The Forest II: Day One

001.jpg

A long time ago, in the Age of The Eagle, a dark presence hid in the dark corners of The Dark Forest. According to legend, it was an ancient evil that had escaped from the deepest, darkest depths of the Earth and intended to cause harm to mankind...well, animalkind...well, anthropomorphic mankind.

One day, a force of nature sent a good spirit to counter the evil presence and restore balance to the Dark Forest's spiritual plane. The good spirit was embodied in a spring and protected the inhabitants of the Dark Forest from the harm the evil presence could cause. But, it was a constant struggle. The dark force learned that it could manipulate mankind to empower it. By offering men and women power, the evil force was able to enter our world more freely, in exchange. And there it preyed on mankind. And yet, whenever it threatened mankind, people would find their way to the spring and connect with the good spirit that kept the balance.

002.jpg

The villagers of Spring Haven had faced this presence and defeated it with the help of The Baker and his wife. Together, they defeated the evil Daxia, her Demon Legion and Felix Fox.

003.jpg

But did they defeat Felix Fox? Why did his skeleton wander off into the night, dancing and burning? What were the strange fires that continued to plague them? Why did Marcellus find Felix's hat in the forest...and why did it look the same as it had the day Felix died? Perhaps leaving Spring Haven didn't free them from the evil, because the evil wasn't in Spring Haven, after all. It was in the hearts of the men who moved with them. The hearts and minds of their friends and neighbors.

004.jpg

"Gabby Goat is dead," Marcellus the Monk announces, sadly, "I found her this morning in the Dark Forest."

The villagers of Winter Haven stand in shocked silence.

"Worse yet," Marcellus continues, "It appears she has been sacrificed in some kind of ritual."

"Who would do such a thing?" Someone asks.

"What if they kill again?" Another person cries.

"Won't somebody please think of the children?!" Another voice pleads, "And the kids and puppies and chicks and kittens and ... um ... ponies."

005.jpg

"Ponies aren't baby horses, stupid," yet another voice interrupts.

"Well what is a baby horse then?" the other person retorts.

"A foal, you fool," The answer comes. "Foul featherbrained fool forgetting foal is a fledgling filly."

006.jpg

"Enough!" Marcellus the Monk interrupts. "There's more."

"Oh lots more!" someone agrees. "There are calves, piglets, squabs, eaglets, ducklings, fawns, joeys, larvae, shoats..."

"No, I mean there's been another murder," Marcellus the Monk interrupts.

"Hatchlings..."

"Benji Bulldog has also been murdered," Marcellus says sadly. "Much like Gabby, he was attacked and burned alive in what would appear to be a ritual sacrifice."

007.jpg

"That's disgusting," someone says.

"You're a downer today, Marcellus," another voice shouts.

"Don't you have any good news?" another asks. "Or any breakfast for us?"

008.jpg

Marcellus the Monk sighs, "With two people dead and five others missing, I formed a tracking party this morning and conducted a search of the area. After careful review of the evidence, we have reached the conclusion that the killers reside here in Winter Haven."

009.jpg

Everyone collectively gasps.

"What did you expect?" someone cried out. "We're in a Mafia game. This is the setup. Man up, wussies."

"Please stop shouting things during the exposition," Marcellus the Monk pleaded.

"Just skip to the part where you tell us to lynch people!" another someone cried out.

"Lynch mobs," someone sneered, derisively. "How archaic."

010.jpg

"It worked for us last time," answered Marcellus the Monk. "It will work for us again. Sacrifice must be made to defeat evil for the sake of our lovely village and the world we live in."

"You didn't have to die last time," someone shouted. "It hurts like a son-of-a-bitch!"

"This village isn't so lovely," another person observed.

"How about you sacrifice while we go for ice cream?" another person suggested.

011.jpg

"It's very simple," Marcellus the Monk continued, "The killers are among us. The best way to solve this is to lynch the most suspicious person every day."

"Isn't the best way to collect evidence and hold a trial?" someone asked.

"No," Marcellus shot back. "Why are you all so obstinate today? I'm the spiritual leader, I say we're lynching people, we're lynching people."

012.jpg

"Fine," was the collective response.

"Furthermore," Marcellus continued, "Firuz Fox, the Alchemist has graciously agreed to provide some of our Villagers with special elixirs and ointments to help combat these evil Cultists at night. These chosen few should be able to provide us with information that will help us in our fight against the evil Cultists."

"Why didn't I get anything?" someone asked.

"Because nobody likes you," Marcellus the Monk answered. "Are there any other questions?"

"Why am I so short?" someone asked.

"Any intelligent questions?" Marcellus clarified.

013.jpg

"Are you going to erect those hideous gallows again?" someone asked. "They make for horrible Feng Shui."

"How do you suggest we kill people?" Marcellus asked.

"Let's figure that out when the time comes," someone said.

"Can we go now?" another person asked.

"Yeah, this is getting boring," yet another person chimed in.

014.jpg

"Yes. Please. Go. Sorry. Geez," Marcellus the Monk concluded then added under his breath, "I don't know why I work so hard to save you guys from evil. Sometimes, I can understand why people want to kill you ungrateful, whiny... "

015.jpg

And he wandered off, grumbling under his breath as the people of Winter Haven began to giddily discuss who should be lynched first.

Day One has begun. You may not vote in the first 24 hours.

Objective:

The Cultists win when they have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties and the Villagers win when all of the Cultists are dead.

The Rules:

1. Each player will be given a character to play, who will be aligned with either the Villagers or the Cultists. To win the game, the Villagers must kill off all of the Cultists, while the Cultists must outnumber the Villagers. Any third party player will have win conditions that are detailed in their role PM...
  2. Each day you will be able to vote to lynch a player. Voting should be done in the following format; Vote: Character (Player). Similarly, unvoting is to be done in the format; Unvote: Character (Player). No other format will be accepted. You may also proxy your vote to another player, using this format; proxy: Character (Player). Naturally, unproxying a vote is also possible. The player with the most votes is lynched. In the case of a tie, there will be no lynch.
  3. A game day will last a maximum of 72 hours. You may not vote in the first 24 hours. The day will not end when a majority vote has been reached. If there is time left, a majority vote can be over-turned. After the day has concluded, a night stage will commence, which will last a maximum of 48 hours. Night actions must be sent to the host in the first 24 hours of the night stage, or they will not be accepted, no exceptions.
  4. The alignment of lynched players, as well as those that died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day, barring any interference.
  5. You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to or from you in PM with the game host. This includes all the details and pictures of your character and role, as well as any night action results. Role claims and reporting of night action results are acceptable, but in your own words only. Do not attempt to use the structure of your role PM to your advantage.
  6. You may not quote PMs from other players. Paraphrasing is allowed but no direct quoting. Please refrain from quoting PMs in the game threads and in private.
  7. Do not play the game outside the thread. Similarly, do not post out of character inside the thread. Game tactics and roles may only be discussed in the game thread or via PM with other players. Private discussion is done at your own risk and should be treated as part of the game.
  8. If you are dead, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any of the players. Any information you had becomes void, and may not be passed on. Violation of this rule will result in a multiple game suspension.
  9. If you are converted, you must accept your new affiliation. If it's proven that you gave up your new team after conversion, the whole game will be null and you will most likely not to be asked to play one of my games again.
  10. You may not edit your posts.
  11. You must post in every day thread.
  12. If you encounter a problem or have a question, please contact the host or co-host via PM. Please please please use only the confirmation PM I sent you to communicate with me. All new conversations regarding the game will be deleted.
  13. Violation of the above rules will result in a penalty of one vote per every four living players (1/4 of the active players list) on the first violation and death of your character on the second.

Some additional guidelines, although they are not rules that will incur penalties if you don't follow them:

• Metagaming is allowed. Go ahead. You all know how to identify it and how to ignore completely irrelevant information.
  • The pictures may or may not contain clues. They most likely do not, but look all you want. Wildly speculate. It's fun.
  • Using acronyms, especially tl;dr will cause major trouble for your character, perhaps even instant death.
  • Roleplaying is a good thing and it is encouraged in this game and will be required at some point. So get to know your personality quirks, they've been created for a reason.

You have all been sent a role PM in this format:

Format:

Welcome to The Forest II, a game of wit and strategy. You are playing ___, Springhaven’s ___. (a little back story) (a personality quirk)

Alignment: You are aligned with the Villagers/Cultists.

Role: You are the ___ which gives you the Nocturnal Ability of ___. Each night you target one player and ___.

Or

You have no specific Nocturnal Ability. Your power is in your vote and your brain, so use both wisely.

Win condition: You win when you have outnumbered the Villagers, including any third-parties Or You win when all of the Cultists are dead.

Best of luck and have fun! :sweet:

Any Third Parties may have slightly different role PMs.

Non-Playable Characters

00_npc_marcellus.jpg

Marcellus the Monk,

played by Hinckley

00_npc_firuz.jpg

Firuz Fox, the Alchemist,

played by Fugazi

Active Players (26)

baxter.jpg

Baxter Bulldog, Mechanic,

played by Waterbrick Down

becka.jpg

Becka Bulldog, Beautician, married to Booker Bear,

played by Rick

booker.jpg

Booker Bear, Garbage Man, married to Becka Bulldog,

played by Dragonator

brigit.jpg

Brigit Bunny, Florist, First Lady of Winter Haven, married to Lazlo Lion,

played by Sandy

bristol.jpg

Bristol Bunny, Seamstress,

played by Bob

cameron.jpg

Cameron Crocodile, Carpenter, married to Gilda Goat,

played by Rufus

carly.jpg

Carly Cow, Ice Cream Shoppe Owner,

played by Tamamono

casey.jpg

Casey Cat, Painter, married to Maurice Mouse,

played by Scouty

edgar.jpg

Edgar Elephant, Fisherman, married to Portia Poodle,

played by WhiteFang

ernie.jpg

Ernie Elephant, Dock Worker, married to Ralphy Rabbit,

played by JimButcher

gibson.jpg

Gibson Goat, Bartender, brother of Gilda Goat,

played by Pandora

gilda.jpg

Gilda Goat, Doctor, married to Cameron Crocodile, sister of Gibson Goat,

played by Quarryman

gordon.jpg

Gordon Gorilla, Lawman,

played by Scubacarrot

heidi.jpg

Heidi Hippo, Farmer,

played by CallMePie

horace.jpg

Horace Horse, Blacksmith,

played by iamded

lazlo.jpg

Lazlo Lion, Mayor of Winter Haven, married to Brigit Bunny,

played by TinyPiesRUs

maurice.jpg

Maurice Mouse, Dock Worker, married to Casey Cat,

played by Cecilie

mindy.jpg

Mindy Mouse, Accountant, married to Pancho Parrot,

played by Professor Flitwick

pancho.jpg

Pancho Parrot, Postman, married to Mindy Mouse,

played by Zepher

pennie.jpg

Pennie Pig, Schoolteacher,

played by Eskallon

petey.jpg

Petey Panda, Fisherman,

played by darkdragon

portia.jpg

Portia Poodle, Grocer, married to Edgar Elephant,

played by CorneliusMurdock

ralphy.jpg

Ralphy Rabbit, Farmer, married to Ernie Elephant,

played by badboytje88

seamus.jpg

Seamus Sheepdog, Taxidermist, married to Shawna Sheep,

played by Dannylonglegs

shawna.jpg

Shawna Sheep, Lawman, married to Seamus Sheepdog,

played by Shadows

wallace.jpg

Wallace Walrus, Lawman,

played by Masked Builder

So, this is how it all begins in Winter Haven, just when I thought we are not not going to face any sort of those crazy fanatic stuff, now we got an insane bunch of cultists who are bending to resurrect some evil foxy spirit... :look:

This is certainly not very encouraging for us. I supposed we don't have much clues at hand. How about some breakfast? I could get my wife, Portia to help me to share some bountiful lots of fishes that I had caught in the upstream of the river. We got to have energy to put our brains together and to do so, we need to feast on our breakfast first. :blush:

We're supposed to lynch people!? How barbaric! But if it's the only way to get rid of the evil in the village, I guess we have to resort to bloodshed :cry_sad: ! Let's get started, then...

Maurice! You sweet, adorable mouse that I could just...eat up :drool: ...hold me! :cry_sad:

This is terrible! One of you must have walked under a ladder or something! Undo it before we all die! :cry_sad:

014.jpg

Why is he humping that chest-of-standing-on-to-appear-tall-when-you're-short? :wacko:

So, this is how it all begins in Winter Haven, just when I thought we are not not going to face any sort of those crazy fanatic stuff, now we got an insane bunch of cultists who are bending to resurrect some evil foxy spirit... :look:

This is certainly not very encouraging for us. I supposed we don't have much clues at hand. How about some breakfast? I could get my wife, Portia to help me to share some bountiful lots of fishes that I had caught in the upstream of the river. We got to have energy to put our brains together and to do so, we need to feast on our breakfast first. :blush:

Yes, I agree. Lots...and lots of fish :purrr::wub_drool:

You were here last time, weren't you? Surely you have some insights on the evil of before?

Oh dear, this certainly does look bad... :look: Mr. Cat priest? Why is Mr. Elephant priest so anal retentive about this sacrificing thing. What if I don't want to kill my dear friends neighbors? They're so helpful to me, always carrying in the bags of sugar I need, or watching the shop for me while I'm out, or making passionate love to me on a slow night on the counter, rolling around in the ice cream...

I mean... what. :blush:

Ahem... :look: But, as I was saying...

Oh dear... What was I saying?

Oh dearie me, this is going to be a problem, yes it is.

I'll think on it, Mr. Cat priest. :sweet:

*Smells Horace Horse's behind friendly*

Well, looks like another mystery as always, I don't know a thing about lynching but if you can use a wrench to do it, I'm your bulldog. I am curious as to why the statue seems to be missing it's head though, unless we're dealing with cultists and vandels at the same time. *oh2*

Really? Again? This is just like one of the Harriet Slutter books. Harriet thinks she defeated the evil HeWhoMustNotBeFlipzed with the Philsopher's Sausage but ends up finding him in the Chamber of Applesauce in the very next book.

Oh, Edgar. Promise me you'll be there for me this time just like before. I don't know how I could have survived without you.

How are we suppose to lynch anyone anyway? I hope theres not another of those beasts. That was unpleasant. Casey, I caught you some fresh fish early this morning but you never came to my dock. :cry_sad:

Why is he humping that chest-of-standing-on-to-appear-tall-when-you're-short? :wacko:

Gotta get your frustrations out somehow, right? Although I assume that box would be rather splintery... :look: Mr. Dog priest, if you ever get hurt by that box's nasty splinters, come 'round my place. Some cream on it'll make it feel muuuch better~ :wink:

How are we suppose to lynch anyone anyway? I hope theres not another of those beasts. That was unpleasant. Casey, I caught you some fresh fish early this morning but you never came to my dock. :cry_sad:

Maybe The Alchemist could make a deadly brew to lynch people :look: ... I've heard about the beasts. They sounded so frightful :distressed: ! I'd rather take a poison than go up against that beast. Sorry about earlier, Maurice and I were...playing cat and mouse.... :purrr:

You were here last time, weren't you? Surely you have some insights on the evil of before?

Not only myself, but there are a few others who had lived and survived through the dark age of Spring Haven. Those were some difficult times. I am not entirely sure but I could safely bet that those are just past events and now we are facing a 'brand new' threat. Just got to figure out why those cultists want to revive evil... Those evildoers are just sick and we are supposed to be just mere loving harmless animal characters..

Oh, Edgar. Promise me you'll be there for me this time just like before. I don't know how I could have survived without you.

Yes, I will, my dear Portia.

Horace, what did I tell you about shrooms? :angry:

Can't believe we have to lynch to someone! :cry_sad:

Oh dear, this reminds me of the story of the villagers and the evil in Winter Haven... Oh, wait, you all know that one :look:

We're supposed to lynch people!? How barbaric! But if it's the only way to get rid of the evil in the village, I guess we have to resort to bloodshed :cry_sad: ! Let's get started, then...

Maurice! You sweet, adorable mouse that I could just...eat up :drool: ...hold me! :cry_sad:

*Hands Casey a fish before putting his arm around her*

Here, you need your strength so we can get through this together.

What an awful tragedy! Again! :cry_sad:

Well, if our priest guy says lynching's the only option, I guess that's what we've gotta do. I think I'm hyperventilithographing just thinking about it. :oh3:

BAWK!

I do hope that we catch any cultists quickly. And remember, if you have any messages, I'm your parrot!

Hey! Who said that? I'm a parrot. :hmpf_bad: No one happens to have any ideas yet, do they?

BAWK!

BAWK!

BAWK!

*kicks Petey* You're repeating yourself. And stay out of our house, you ... bird, it's bad luck you know... :oh:

016.jpg

"I've packed you a lunch," Brigit Bunny tells Lazlo Lion, fighting back tears, "It's your favorite, peanut butter and mushroom."

Brigit wrings her hands, betraying the brave face she's trying to put on for her husband.

017.jpg

Lazlo Lions hugs his wife.

"I'll be back tomorow." he assures her. "I just need to warn the people of Summer Brook that there's a killer loose. It's my duty as Mayor."

"I know," Brigit Bunny says, holding back tears. "Are you saying that to re-assure me or for exposition?"

018.jpg

"Both," Lazlo Lion says, "I love you."

"I love you too," Brigit Bunny says as Zazlo embarks down the river bank.

Mod note: TinyPiesRUs is on holiday and will not be around for Day One. He is immune from the vote until Day Two. Thank you.

Whelp looks like we've got our Day Two lynch lined up. :hmpf_bad:

A cheater and a shroom-eater.

So far for the peaceful and quiet life in Winterhaven. Just when I thought we defeated the evil forces of the Demon Legion, there are Cultists among us who burn us at night... alive. :oh3: And now Marcellus tells us we have to sacrifice more people cross-breeders adowable villagers (preferably not Villagers though). Marcellus hasn't led us astray last time, but I'm not sure if we can trust that fox. Who knows what he's brewing in his apothecary... and for whom? :look:

Bookie! Get your big behind out of that garbage can and hold me. Why aren't you holding meeee? :cry_sad:

Baxter, my tool is bigger than yours. :grin:

*yawns impressively*

This whole situation is hauntingly familiar. Even the thread subtitle very first words I heard today are the same as the very first words I heard in Spring Haven. But, it seems we don't have to reach a majority to lynch this time. But we do have to wait till after lynch to lunch. Or whatever. :grin:

Mr. Cat priest? Why is Mr. Elephant priest so anal retentive about this sacrificing thing.

I'll think on it, Mr. Cat priest. :sweet:

Mr. Dog priest,

Why do you keep calling people priests? :wacko:

This whole situation is hauntingly familiar. Even the thread subtitle very first words I heard today are the same as the very first words I heard in Spring Haven. But, it seems we don't have to reach a majority to lynch this time. But we do have to wait till after lynch to lunch. Or whatever. :grin:

Oh dearest Cameron, always thinking about food, aren't you? But you are right, this situation sounds very familiar to what we heard from Spring Haven, what seems to me being the biggest difference is how persistent Marcellus were in referring to the evildoers as Cultists, I do believe this is a vital clue to us (or Marcellus is just an megablocks, he certainly has a weird behind let me tell you..).

Oh my god this is awefull... We have to lynch our neighbours and friends to find out who the killers are...

Really? Again? This is just like one of the Harriet Slutter books. Harriet thinks she defeated the evil HeWhoMustNotBeFlipzed with the Philsopher's Sausage but ends up finding him in the Chamber of Applesauce in the very next book.

I love Harriet Slutter books!

Oh dearest Cameron, always thinking about food, aren't you? But you are right, this situation sounds very familiar to what we heard from Spring Haven, what seems to me being the biggest difference is how persistent Marcellus were in referring to the evildoers as Cultists, I do believe this is a vital clue to us (or Marcellus is just an megablock, he certainly has a weird behind let me tell you..).

I am not sure where you see a clue in that, but I think Marcellus being an megablock is a distinct possibility. Oh, you have a fly on your ear, can I have it? :wub:

Bookie! Get your big behind out of that garbage can and hold me. Why aren't you holding meeee? :cry_sad:

I'm here my darling Becka, I'll hold you if you promise to wax my arms later, I have this pent up desire for waxing right now that only you can fulfil. :wub:

It is saddening that this menace is back in our town, but it isn't something we haven't had to deal with before. We shall do it again, but this time with more hot wax and red leather! Yes I mean you Becka you kinky bitch. :wub::wub:

Oh, bye Lazlo, see you tomorrow! He is such a nice mayor. ^^