Jareth

In the lee of the mountain

Before even the oldest liches were born or eldest dragons hatched, a mighty volcano in Noctuurnus went extinct. Since then a forest has grown in the lee of this dead titan. Legend has it that the oldest trees were the original seedlings of this forest, making them among the oldest things in nocturnus. About once a century, someone tries to harvest the wood from this sacred, and apparently peacefull site. Few come back with tales of Toads the size of Horses and Squirrels the size of houses, but only lord Ssisslrth knows the truth, the land is haunted and any intelligent being who enters diminishes in size the longer they travel the woods.

Behold the might of......wait a minute.....gah!

treetowersupport2.jpg

Sorry, thats a picture of the trunk and crown support structure.

Here we are

treetowerfull1.jpg

Elves have used the natural properties of the land to make a proper home. The land protects them from unnatural raiders and food can be enlarged in times of famine. They use their natural harmony with nature to avoid the carnivores now at monsterous size and are always aware that here, they are not the top of the food chain, or nature's protectors, they are Tenants.

treetowerpantry3.jpg

They eat well, and wine is always plentiful. A cask of wine rolled down the right hill can become an enormous barrel. In this way their best vintages are essentially everlasting. Other foods tend to loose some of their flavor or become tough, so natural fruits and animals are raised.

In the lowest portions, shrines to the elements protect their home.

treetowershrine1.jpg

(the interior picture was too fuzzy)

Even using a titan for a home, requires sacrifices in space, so bunk beds with special quilts are used.

treetowerbunks1.jpg

Each clan is responisble for learning to use the Bow and one other weapon. One clan is on patrol, so it's weapons rack is empty.

treetowerarmory1.jpg

treetowerarmory2.jpg

The base of the tree

treetowerempty2.jpg

On a side note, I tried to take a picture of the back of the tree, but....um....it was a little too suggestive.

I hope to bring this brickworld.

Great job! The idea of a tree-trunk home is fantastic, and the rooms are very well done! Neat interior details and your use of the Power Miner monster bodies is very creative! :thumbup:

Nice idea, Keebler comes to mind. I would love to see it from the front. Perhaps you could add some lower branches to break up the monotony of the massive trunk?

Love the weapons racks. To me the weapon and tool racks in a set change it from "just a model" to playable! :)

There are so many fantastic things in Historica to discover (or stay away from!), I love seeing this side of Nocturnus. Great idea!

While not the "Nocturnus" my peoples are use to seeing, it none the less looks great--and very large at that too! Good job!

Great tree house! You did a good job rounding the crown and outside of the trunk, but the interior details are what stood out to me, love the beds and weapon racks :thumbup:

Really great and very big tree!!!

They once said I was "working on a tall erection", but I wonder how ISC would call this then :laugh:

I only miss the backside of the MOC (I wonder if you didn't cheated and how it looks like :laugh: )

Also great job with the interior!

Nice idea, Keebler comes to mind. I would love to see it from the front. Perhaps you could add some lower branches to break up the monotony of the massive trunk?

So sorry for the Necromacy (raising a dead topic) but Nocturnus will raise anything from the dead. Besides, I decided to take Tchuck-norst's suggestion before the tree went to brickworld, so here we go.

newtree1.jpg

Dead branches and a secondary crown added

newtree2.jpg

Nocturnus Flag added

newtree3.jpg

Venus-Man-Trap added (Also the background elements look good in this pic)

newtree4.jpg

Here's the other side as per Damaximus's request.

newtree5.jpg

I am officially out of green bricks. (I still have lime though.....hmm.....black trunk and lime top would look more nocturnus)

newtree6.jpg

The edges between rooms was rounded and allthough I still had to use tan and bley on the interior, I was able to remove the red, blue and dark bley elements. I'd prefer to do the interior entirely in tan, but I have a lot more yellow than tan.

Really nice idea the tree house and detailed :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yeah, like SK said more tree branches definitely adds to it! :thumbup: Also thanks for the picture of the other side, it really looks great from there!

Quite an imposing tree there and even better now that you added the side trunks. How come though you're not using any actual leave pieces?

Edited by kabel

Quite an imposing tree there and even better now that you added the side trunks. How come though you're not using any actual leave pieces?

Good Question!

First, sometimes the leaves are rather limiting. They stick straight out and can look inorganic. Don't get me wrong I do really like them, but for something this size it was inapropriate. Second, if I did use levers or hinges or stems to make it organic, it would be easy to assemble, and I had to senf it with a freind to be assembled at brickworld. Thirdly, I do not have enought leaf pieces of a tree this size. Finally, this way I did not have to make branches to hold the leaves in place. That would be extremly breakable.

This i such a great idea! I love how you made it into Lego! A very unique moc for sure! Great job!