Sign in to follow this  
Landlubber

So I thought I'd upgrade one of my Eldorado Fortresses

EDIT- UPDATED PICS PAGE 2 - OCT 7

And here was the end result. Luckily there is a fair sized Bricklink store owner less than 10 minutes away cause I ran out of a few things and needed to restock.

Heres the whole thing. The only thing it really has in common with an Eldorado Fortress is the colour scheme, but its a good colour scheme and doesn't look as drab as a grey fortress

eldorado1.jpg

Same thing, different angle.

eldorado2.jpg

Closeup of the Govenors quarters.

eldorado3.jpg

The roofs come off the 2 larger buildings. Need to spend some time building some interior detail though. Bottom building is the soldiers barracks, top I was thinking a gret hall for entertaining or something. Any ideas of what to put in either of these buildings ( with photo links for ideas if you have them)

eldorado4.jpg

Enjoy.

Wooooow. Thats a very beautiful fortress.

It is in my top 5 of the fortresses on the forum for sure.

The river baseplates are a good idea, the colors are great.

I also like the hallway (it that a correct word?) between the 2 buildings.

Don't give me your address or I'll come and steal it :-)

Just needs some details like a flag, some cannons, ...

This truly is a great fortress. It has been said but I like the use of the narrow stream base plate. It gives the fortress a realistic look. It could use some cannons here and there and a big flag + some wavy ones.

As for the hallway, I would furnish it with some chairs and tables (made from brown bricks), maybe a gun rack, a pair of sables and a map on the wall and perhaps some lighting and a barrel or treasure chest. It should be a place for people to wait until they are allowed to come forward in order to to speak to the governor.

By the way, did you add a big enough jail for captured pirates and islanders? I saw some small black bars in one of the pictures assuming this is supposed to be a small jail.

Again, an impressive building. Congrats on pulling this off.

The first thing I notice about this MOC (of all things) are the rivers on the baseplates. Which set are they from? It looks like they've had green spray paint painted on them. But whatever it is it looks good! A nice change from the basplates that come from Enchanted Island (yes, I know some have been used in this MOC)

Great work!

I think once you put in some flags, cannons, treasures, vegetation, etc... it will look a lot better.

I like what you did with the baseplates.

If I am alowed to make a suggestion, I would change the roof of the governors quarters (the white slopes and that grey plate), maybe a roof like the other buildind (flat and with the fence pieces).

Congratulations on your work.

Impressive scale. Are those baseplates custom... they look quite nice, almost too nice ;-) . I think this MOC could benefit a lot from some scenery, and possibly a nice red roof for the goenor's quarters. Similar to the ITP except on this scale it would have to be a full slope based roof. I think this extra colour would add some more life to your MOC.

Thanks so much for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

Impressive scale. Are those baseplates custom... they look quite nice, almost too nice ;-) . I think this MOC could benefit a lot from some scenery, and possibly a nice red roof for the goenor's quarters. Similar to the ITP except on this scale it would have to be a full slope based roof. I think this extra colour would add some more life to your MOC.

Thanks so much for sharing and God Bless,

Nathan

I agree with the red roof on the governor's quarters. Would make it even better.

Impressive scale. Are those baseplates custom... they look quite nice, almost too nice ;-)

I tell you they've been painted on! Oh tell us oh Landlubber, what's the secret of your base plates!

You did a wonderfull job on this Landlubber...But I am curious about this pic

eldorado3.jpg

Why is there a mast in the middle of it?

Fy F..N! As i would say in my language. that is the best fortress i've seen. make my fort look like a ugly black thing. hope you will add some more cannons and take more pics of it. Do you made this moc just for fun or is it a part of a "world" ?

love the color and the unregular shape. *sweet*

I agree with the red roof on the governor's quarters. Would make it even better.

Errrr... Am I missing something here? I don't see any Broadside mini-figures lurking about in this MOC, so could someone kindly direct me to which structure is suppose to be the Governor's Quarters?

ImperialScout gets the medal for the mast. The black grill opens up and the mast has a crane on it for lifting supplies from rowboats in the river below. I just ran out of string.

Phes' sharp eyes have uncovered the secret of the baseplates. The 2 at the front were originally all blue from the Neptune Discovery Lab. My bricklink guy gave them to me cause they had a few cracks and some corners missing so he couldn't sell them. Grey spraypaint followed by some green and then a bit of yellow on a paintbrush.....voila , instant island plates. I've got about 50 palm trees on the way. Unfortunately large masses of vegetation are hard to find and rather expensive but it'll get there.

Yep, there is a jail behind those black bars. The cell door is on the other side of that tower, I'll try to get some more photo's tonight.

Phes, the govenor is standing on the balcony in the 3rd pic. He just has a plain black hat though instead of the fancy black and white one.

Red roof is a good idea, I just had a thought about where I can pinch a heap of red roof tiles from.

Keep the ideas coming. They're good inspiration starters.

Phes, the govenor is standing on the balcony in the 3rd pic. He just has a plain black hat though instead of the fancy black and white one.

Ah yes, I sees 'im now! How bout a close-up picture of the old bugger?

You can find a bunch over at Lego.com, I think they're available in there new PaB or in accesories. http://shop.lego.com/leaf.asp?cn=97&d=18&t=7 about a set of 100 red slopes for 7.55. and a couple of top pieces. I also looked at the PaB online and slope tiles range from about .10 cents to.20. Not bad. Yeah, I also need the red roof tiles for a house i'm building. Hope this helps :-)

I realise this isn't really fesaible but would red Fabuland roof pieces work for an Imperial Guard MOC?

789.gif

As for the slopes recommended by Imperial Scouts you can get them for as little as 5 cents on BrickLink. See here.

So therefore you could buy for 151 of them $7.55 if you found a seller with enough stock.

I realise this isn't really fesaible but would red Fabuland roof pieces work for an Imperial Guard MOC?

789.gif

I dont see why not. I should have half a dozen of those lying around somewhere. Have to try that.

If not I know my next door neighbour has a heap of red roof tiles, including the funny angles and ridge caps.

Half a dozen lying around somewhere??? I only discovered this piece when I went to check the price for the red roof pieces about half an hour ago.

Yes, you're going to need slopes or hinges to position them at an angle to get the pointed roof effect.

The Imperial Trading Post used these pieces for it's pointy roof.

6044.png

I'm very interested to see how the textured roof would work.

No need for a slope or hinge for the roof tile Phes. Reason being that you only found half of the piece.

Here's one in full (I have 8 of these in green, I'm guessing a Spanish base is next on the board)

tile.jpg

And here's how the red ones look on the govenors roof. I even had one with a small hole in it designed to take a flagpole.

eldoradoroof.jpg

And here are some interior updates

The great hall

greathall.jpg

Entertaining some visiting british officers. The hall is decorated with artefacts from the soldiers clashes with the enemy.

entertaining.jpg

A soldier takes a nap on the bunks in the barracks.

barracks.jpg

eldoradoroof.jpg

That works darn well! How many in total have you used? 4?

I might have to grab some of those but there's only 2 in the whole of Australia on BrickLink and I better not take out a BrickLink order until I pay off my eBay debts!

Very impressive moc, LandLubber!

I love the baseplates, the overall layout, and those shrieking shack windows! And the red roof makes is a great addition. Although I think hving a yellow floor and wall is abit annoying if you were in that position, I think it would be more realistic if you just stay with the yellow wall and get a white floor like the rest of the fort. I also think the bunks could benefit from being made a bit wider. Oh, and nice baby-blue anchor.

-oo7, patiently awaiting more interior pics...