Sign in to follow this  
pbat

[LDD MOC / WIP] An Alsatian Wine Inn

It's been a while since I last posted here. Recently I wondered what to build on the edge of a curved road. The space there is quite limited, so it is rather hard to construct an appealing building. I had a thought about a bavarian beer garden, but finally ended up with an alsatian wine inn. (Click on each thumbnail for a larger image.)

wineinn01.thumb.png

The outer walls of the two-storeyed stone building are covered with vine tendrils.

wineinn02.thumb.png

The outdoor range is separated from the street by an ironwork lattice covered with climbing plants.

wineinn03.thumb.png

The kitchen is equipped with a wood-fired oven on the very right: Several spices dangle down from the top, and you can see a tarte flambée sizzling. The window allows the staff to serve cars directly. Left of it are some vessels with dips and sauces, such as mustard or mayonnaise, hanging from a pole. In front of it is a counter, containg a fridge with cold beverages. Left of it you may notice a fire extinguisher. And even more left you see the screen from the checkout.

wineinn04.thumb.png

Upstairs is a double room with a fireplace and two bedside cabinets, each with a lamp.

wineinn05.thumb.png

In front of a large flat TV is a cosy purple sofa.

wineinn06.thumb.png

Both the pub room inside as well as the outdoor range invite you to enjoy a splendid wine and an opulent meal before relaxing upstairs.

wineinn07.thumb.png

The last picture shows the pub room in detail with its heavy wooden seating on the left and some wine casks on the right.

wineinn08.thumb.png

I have not thoroughly checked if all the parts used exist as real bricks in the respective colours, but apart from the copper ones most of them should at least exist in similar colours.

If you want to examine this building in detail, you may download the LXF file here. But please be aware that I do consider this set as WIP, so maybe I'll change some details in the future and update that file without further notice.

Looks great and clever use of an awkward space!

Brick On LDD On ! :grin:

I actually did:

wineinnv2_01.thumb.png

Looks great and clever use of an awkward space!

Looking Good :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words, but I felt the first draft looks good from far, but far from good: It is a bit too grey and unicoloured and thus somewhat boring. I therefore rivesed the upper floor and decided to add a bit more contrast by using some truss, giving the facade a more vivid appearance. I used the opportunity to adjust the layout of the rooms a bit, to change the roof and to place some windows differently.

wineinnv2_02.thumb.png

I swapped the lattice to avoid the excessive use of 48729. I used way more 22667 (think of them as grapes instead of cherries).

wineinnv2_03.thumb.png

I also added more minifigs to create a busy atmosphere. The wine cellar now is separated by an iron lattice door from the public room.

wineinnv2_04.thumb.png

I also added some more details to the cellar, such as a spiderweb, some bottles and a pumpkin.

wineinnv2_05.thumb.png

The counter and the fridge were put directly in front of the big front door. Thus the kitchen has become a bit bigger. Do you notice the new coffee maker?

wineinnv2_06.thumb.png

I put the checkout near the stairs and a hanging rail right of it.

wineinnv2_07.thumb.png

The coffee maker somewhat separates the counter and the kitchen.

wineinnv2_08.thumb.png

The kitchen has become a bit bigger so that there is room for two employees preparing various delicacies.

wineinnv2_09.thumb.png

The upper floor was thoroughly overhauled, as well as the roof: Two attics were added to give the building a rural touch. The left contains bales of hay and the right some chicken.

wineinnv2_10.thumb.png

The bedroom was moved to the left, the shower replaced by a bathtub, the toilet is clogged.

wineinnv2_11.thumb.png

The bathtub contains soapy water and a rubber duck. However, I'm not quite happy with its shape: If you have any idea how to make a more cute rubber duck, I would greatly appreciate any hints.

wineinnv2_12.thumb.png

The living room is now in front of the chimney, including the sofa and the flat TV, and featuring a new cow skull.

Please feel free to download the LXF file here.

That came out well! ..especially having only space off a curve on those road plates. Very clever! You packed a lot of detail into that small space

My favourite part s the lattice covered with vines. And the walls look much better on the 2nd version.