Si-MOCs

BrickWorld 2012

Citizens of Historica, the heralds speak of a gathering that is being held in the township of Chicago. Several of us have declared our intentions to attend festival of bricks.

So the question is - who else is going?

For those that are going - would you be interesting in getting a table or two and showing some creations? Perhaps at least one challenge entry per guild per challenge?

A special Brickworld challenge perhaps?

Any other ideas?

--

Cool BW people:

Si-Mocs

Jakon (maybe)

Captain BeerBeard (Day visitor)

Hyler Talliwell (can bring something small)

darkdragon (large)

ZCerberus (large)

NiceMarmot (small mocs)

rogueang (large)

Dan Church (

Space wise- Right now I have

Rogueang- 64 x 64 creation (Avalonia)

Darkdragon- 32 x 32 creation (Mitgardian)

Hyler Talliwell- 64 x 64 creation (Kaliphlin)

ZCerberus- 32 x 32 Riverrun Watch tower (Avalonia)

ZCerberus- 80 x 80 Great Gatehouse of Albion (Avalonia)

Edited by Si-MOCs

I am trying to get permission to attend, and I do believe that i would love to bring some of my historica stuff along, maybe we could all band together and do a festival moc in Cedrica, since Brickworld is "The Festival of the Bricks"

I still have my Tower and Embassy and would be happy to bring them as part of the GoH display representing Mitgardia. I'd want to finish the landscaping on my tower of course.

I think it would be great if we could get two towers and one embassy for each guild and a few small models (32x32 or smaller) representing each area.

A special brickworld challenge could be fun. a 16x16 or 16x32 scene challenge...something like that.

Edited by darkdragon

I think it would be great if we could get two towers and one embassy for each guild and a few small models (32x32 or smaller) representing each area.

I will be attending and I will wait for the dust to settle a bit before committing on what we are bringing.

Is this the BrickWorld in Chicago (Wheeling) June 13-17? If so, I may be able to arrange a work trip to Chicago that week :wink: Probably wouldn't be able to bring anything large however, maybe a small MOC if it was fairly modular and structurally solid (i.e., able to survive the plane trip). Will let you know as we get closer to the date, as these work trips typically only come together a few weeks in advance. Sounds like a great idea though.

I will be attending Brickworld. I will be driving down there, so I will have not problem bringing something larger.

I'll be there again this year, and I could probably commit any future builds. But as I have already torn down the previous challenge builds, they won't be there.

... But as I have already torn down the previous challenge builds, they won't be there.

Tear down?

Doesn't everyone just buy new bricks? *huh*

I have never gone to a Lego show before but it is something I really want to do. I'm not sure if I can make it this year or not. When is the deadline for registering?

When is the deadline for registering?

From the website "May 18, 2012: REGISTRATION CLOSES"

However, there is a limit to the number of full registrations. I'd guess that you want to register before May if you decide you want to go and display.

Tear down?

Doesn't everyone just buy new bricks? *huh*

If only my bank account was endlessly replenished by something, but alas it wasn't to be. So I have to work my fingers to the bone in a fast-food restaurant...not fun and very oily...

But if SI-mocs is offering to buy me new bricks then I may have to take up your way of never tearing down a build! HAH!

If only my bank account was endlessly replenished by something, but alas it wasn't to be. So I have to work my fingers to the bone in a fast-food restaurant...not fun and very oily...

But if SI-mocs is offering to buy me new bricks then I may have to take up your way of never tearing down a build! HAH!

Too much bricks are as bad as too little - you could easily get lost in megalomania ;)

So ...

who else is going?

Some other thoughts we had was building a collaborative display similar to Taz's four corners:

6844421283_3f27fbe490.jpg

Any other thoughts ?

Citizens of Historica, the heralds speak of a gathering that is being held in the township of Chicago. Several of us have declared our intentions to attend festival of bricks.

So the question is - who else is going?

For those that are going - would you be interesting in getting a table or two and showing some creations? Perhaps at least one challenge entry per guild per challenge?

A special Brickworld challenge perhaps?

Any other ideas?

--

Cool BW people:

Si-Mocs

Jakon (maybe)

Captain BeerBeard (Day visitor)

Hyler Talliwell (can bring something small)

darkdragon (large)

ZCerberus (large)

NiceMarmot (small mocs)

rogueang (large)

Dan Church (

I will definitely be attending this event,but i think I'm only displaying one big MOC.

Space registration is taking place. We better get an official head count and what we are bringing soon!!

I will be bringing something of about 64x64 up to 100x100 stud square base size

Has anyone made a move toward reserving a table? I'd hate to not have a GoH table.

Has anyone made a move toward reserving a table? I'd hate to not have a GoH table.

I was trying to get everyone to give me an idea of what they were bringing so I could do that. What are you bringing, and what is the approximate size? I would like to reserve soon if possible!

I have requested 1 table for us at Brickworld. That space is 96 x 224 studs. 2 1/2 FT BY 6 FEET

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PUT A MOC IN THIS SPACE GET ME THE SIZE OF YOUR MOCs ASAP SO I CAN DECIDED IF WE NEED MORE SPACE!!!!!

EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO PUT A MOC IN THIS SPACE GET ME THE SIZE OF YOUR MOCs ASAP SO I CAN DECIDED IF WE NEED MORE SPACE!!!!!

I'll bring something 32x32

Thanks for making the reservation! :thumbup:

Yes, Thanks for reserving Z. 64 x 64 will probably do it for me. I haven't decided what exactly I'm building. It will depend on whether we try to get a theme going (all Albion builds, etc.)

Yes, Thanks for reserving Z. 64 x 64 will probably do it for me. I haven't decided what exactly I'm building. It will depend on whether we try to get a theme going (all Albion builds, etc.)

It won't be all Albion as it is open to ALL guilds. I will be bringing the gatehouse (with an addition) and the watchtower. I have the embassy and farm in one piece as wekk, and I am working on challenge 3 entry. Those could come if we need to fill space- but I will see what we are bringing before I decide that.

Though I reserve the table, I reserved it as a "LUG" display and not as "collaborative". That may or may not be useful when filling out your MOC cards.