• Outstanding

indexed.gif

Set Number/Name: 7955 Wizard

Theme: Castle/Kingdoms/Dragon Knights

Year Released: 2010

Pieces Count: 19

Minifigures: 1 & a baby dragon :tongue:

Price: 2,99 €

I know that there has been made a review of this impulse set already, but i thought i'd share my own one aswell, since i was in the mood of taking pictures. I hope it's alright. :sweet:

(Edit: can a mod please fix the under-title of the review? I end up talking about the mistake in the spell text, and then i'm making a mistake myself too :laugh: )

Box, parts & instructions:

s73f7047.jpg

After opening the huge box, a massive amount of parts and thick, heavy instructions poor out of it:

s73f7049.jpg

Overall view of the completed set:

s73f7090.jpg

The wizard:

s73f7100.jpg

"Arrgh! Someone shaved my beard off and stole my hat and all my torso details! There must be another magician!"

s73f7101.jpg

Special parts:

The printed 2x2 tile with the mysterious spell (inclusive grammatical mistake?) on it:

s73f7096.jpg

And of course the lovely baby dragon! (or is it just a shrunken dragon?)

s73f7051.jpg

Not much to say about the set, other than: This is how a proper impulse set should look like. You get an exclusive, great minifig (where the only thing to bother would be the not printed torso), a rare baby dragon, plus the also exclusive printed spell tile. 9,5/10 from me (0,5 less, because of the torso).

Thanks for this review 'metalandi' - now this one I can't wait for - COOL an evil wizard ! :grin:

All the little accesories are cool too, but yes there is a but, ........this beard is black and his side-burns are grey ? I know I'm going grey, but not like that !

That's the only thing I can pick on this for, but hey I'm getting a couple of these when they become available !

I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Thanks for another great review, Metalandi!

This set looks great, but for the grey whiskers/black beard thing and the no-detail torso.

But look at that hat with the golden dragon! And the printed grimoire/scroll - spells or alchemy? (I guess I'lle have alchemy in my Legoverse, not real magic - but is that a dragon? Like in DRAGON? Oh, my! Poor Lions!)

WHAT! No printed torso!?! This a a disaster. In all seriousness, I never knew, and this comes as a surprise to me. There goes my outstanding rating for this impulse. :sadnew:

Pretty decent set. It was have rocked my socks off if it had a printed torso. I got one, plan to get another. With mine I switched out the head for a Vladek head to give him a more sinister look.

WHAT! No printed torso!?! This a a disaster. In all seriousness, I never knew, and this comes as a surprise to me. There goes my outstanding rating for this impulse. :sadnew:

I don't dig it either, but as the previous magician also didn't have a printed torso, this was not that big of a surprise.

Im gonna buy 10! Mwahahahahaha!

Then I'll be 10x more powerful then you all!

:tongue:

...oh, and I'd also like to comment...

Ho-ray for no "useless" pieces.

I mean, they are all practical staples of building, but not too many to waist up your money either. This set is just right.

A good impulse set! I just built mine about five minutes ago on the car ride home. The misspelled title was of surprise to me, but I still lol'd.

I got this the other day, and it's pretty nice. :thumbup: I still don't know why he has to have the same color hair everywhere... :hmpf:

And the printed grimoire/scroll - spells or alchemy?

Druid. :tongue:

I got this the other day, and it's pretty nice. :thumbup: I still don't know why he has to have the same color hair everywhere... :hmpf:

And the printed grimoire/scroll - spells or alchemy?

Druid. :tongue:

I got this set yesterday as I had been keen on getting a wizard ever since I first saw one. But while the colourscheme surely is more impressive, I think I'd rather have had the old blue wizard with the crystal ball and white owl... a green dragon is nice enough, but the plastic for it feels a bit cheap-ish. And the wand is a bit dull. And I'm not sure what to make of the potions, why are the tops a different colour than the rest...?

But the figure itself is pretty good, apart from no printing on the torso.

When you rather have the light blue wizard, then buy that set. :tongue: The potions are that way because..it is a toy and it doesn't matter really. The plastic is different on the dragon i think yeah, but it doesn't feel cheap to me. Just different. And why is the magic wand dull? It's a wizard for god's sake :tongue:

I don't mind the simple wand, but wish they have given him a full size staff instead. I think that would have made him look a bit more powerful(l).

I don't mind the simple wand, but wish they have given him a full size staff instead. I think that would have made him look a bit more powerful(l).

So you're saying that size does matter? Even for a wizard? :tongue: I'd go with either a shorter wand or a longer staff.

So you're saying that size does matter? Even for a wizard? :tongue: I'd go with either a shorter wand or a longer staff.

Hah! :laugh: I hadn't thought of it that way, but yes. It probably just has to do with the way I envision wizards, but I prefer full-size staffs to smaller wands; those seem more fairy-like to me. The piece included in the set is at a size where you could use it as either a staff or a wand, but I would prefer something slightly longer, such as 4095:

4095.png

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I can easily replace it with one from my collection.

This wizard is so powerfull he can even afford to be produced with a spelling mistake. I kneel before him.

Impulse sets are getting more and more interesting, don't you think? New pieces and colours, two very good reasons to fall for them. I read a post somewhere where one said he'd got a tile with another message. I got a powerfull one and am waiting for two more 7955's to be delivered to see if I'll get the alternate tile. Anyway, it's not about the tile, but the black beard, the 2x2 dark tan tile with a stud and the dark green dragon. What a great mini-set! Usually, you need to buy large sets to get a baby dragon. I just wish the common green version would be easier to come by.

The non-printed torso is fine to me. I do not understand why so many people expect every minifig piece to be printed. It is getting hard to get a single-coloured fig, while it used to be exactly the contrary. What's more, when you read comments concerning the misprinted Kingdoms minifigs, you start to question whether printed parts really are a bargain. Obviously, the ppp of impulse sets is not among the best, but for a couple of dollars/euros, you get a nice addition to your settings. Generally a minifig and an animal or a robot/device. Many play possibilities for a smallish price. The 7955 is no exception. Buy it instead of a chocolate bar or sugarfull drink and enjoy!

When you rather have the light blue wizard, then buy that set. :tongue:

I would, if only for the accessories, if I could... but it's not available anymore unless I want to pay 10x the standard price for it.

Thanks for the review!

This is a cool set, I will buy it. I have the 6020 Magic Shop, so I have a blue wizard with a white beard. But this one is cool as well, the colour scheme is nice!

I live in Bulgaria and the Castle sets are still missing from the shops! :thumbdown::sceptic: I hope to be able to buy some of these sets soon!

Edited by Nikola Bathory