brickme

Brickfair 2010

I really want to go but I could'nt afford to travel to it this year. I'm just going to wait until it comes near my area.

Is anyone else hoping there will be 2010 sets there!

I'll probably go, but it's a long ways off at this point. It depends on what I'm doing next summer.

I've been looking for a LEGO convention within driving distance of Baltimore. Thank you.

My brother is going to go to college that weekend and my father wants to drive him (along with the whole family) to his college :hmpf_bad: . So I will miss my first LEGO convention.

Edited by plokoon512

I'm just going to wait until it comes near my area.

These conventions are almost always in the same place; Brickworld is in Chicago; Brickfest is in Virginia; Brickfair is in Washington.

I went there last year as a weekend visitor. I was hoping to go this year but cannot afford hotel fees, nor could I bear my second option: 6+ hours of driving from P.A. to D.C. (and vice versa) each day.

Without further rambling, the above should sum it all up.

These conventions are almost always in the same place; Brickworld is in Chicago; Brickfest is in Virginia; Brickfair is in Washington.

Correction:

BrickFest is in Portland, Oregon

BrickFair is in Washington DC

BrickCon is in Seattle, Washington

-Omi

I am very tempted to go, but I am also tempted to hold off and maybe go next year when I have some MOCs.

It'd be about a 9hr drive for me, which isn't *too* bad. It'd be my first Lego convention if I go :)

Attention registrants:

224 people have paid as of 4/26. That means there are 226 spots left that get the full stuff.

Okay well i'm probably going to the one in DC because I live there :grin: It's going to be in the Dulles Expo Center august 7-8.

BTW it's listed in the express (a local newspaper) and it's listed in their guide to summer events in the area.

I didn't not notice this topic while I was surfin' around not noticing topics, so I had to post here. I'll sign up for the convention as soon as I get to a bank, so I hope that it doesn't fill up in the next 2 days :sceptic: I'm building something special for it and hope that I finish on time. (currently swamped by smaller funer projects)

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I'll be there and my two younger brothers should be attending with me. Brickfair is a blast! There will be a ton of people don't worry folks.

I'm going to really try to make this, but I've got a trip to Oshkosh, WI the previous weekend. Not sure I'll be able to get any time off work, so if I go, I'd be driving up and arriving late on the 6th. I've got a Technic MOC that should be done by then. :grin:

What happens on Friday the 6th? Is that just time designated for AFOLs to see each others projects?

Anyways, this would be my first event, so I really hope I can make it!

Daniel

Does anyone know if there is one coming to england soon?

*huh*

Not sure I understand your question.

Do you want them to move it from the US to England or would you like a LEGO-con in England?

From wikipedia:

BrickFair is the largest LEGO Fan Festival in the United States. It is hosted in the Washington DC/VA/MD area. Like most LEGO fan festivals, the draw is the joy of bringing together Adult Fans Of LEGO (AFOLs) to show off their creations (MOCs) and revel in others' ingenuity.[/]quote]

Same thing goes for Brickkworld, it's also a US LEGO-con...

Are you thinking of LEGOWorld, which is run by TLG itself:

Holland

Denmark

Not sure if there's more - I tried Legoworld.no but the site was redirected to lego.com

I may or may not be going, but at this point if I do get to go I'll only be able to go on a public day.

Edited by TheCrimsonTrooper

I'll be there for the entire thing with weapons.... I mean creations :)

I'd love to meet some fellow EB users, so if you are going keep an eye out for me or my creations

see you there

Okay well i'm probably going to the one in DC because I live there :grin: It's going to be in the Dulles Expo Center august 7-8.

BTW it's listed in the express (a local newspaper) and it's listed in their guide to summer events in the area.

Is this event kid friendly? I have an 8 and 7 year old I would like to bring. What days are the best to come with/without kids?

EDIT:

I Just purchased tickets. My family of 7 will be attending.

BrickFair Invoice for Order #1502

Is there anyway I could get in on Thursday or Friday without having a display?

Edited by Follows Closely

Is this event kid friendly? I have an 8 and 7 year old I would like to bring. What days are the best to come with/without kids?

EDIT:

I Just purchased tickets. My family of 7 will be attending.

BrickFair Invoice for Order #1502

Is there anyway I could get in on Thursday or Friday without having a display?

Your entire family will be more than welcome at the event. While it is for AFOLs you'll find that most have their kids tag along, this is an amazingly family friendly hobby after all. Be sure to look at the schedule of events and try to get in the different seminars, brickfilms, and games. If you paid for an entry you'll be able to roam the halls starting on Thursday. The set up is definitely something to see. Its impressive to see people setting their epic MOCs up (especially the huge cranes!). Friday and early Saturday are the best time to browse the MOCs, because the public hours are PACKED and crazy.

Plan on attending all the opening and closing ceremonies there are always tons of door prizes. Last year most people walked away with something (from Bionicle to the Carousel!). If you're registered your entered for the prizes.

Also, at around 9 pm on Friday night you'll need to make it down to the Woodbridge, VA LEGO outlet in order to participate in the "Running of the Bulls". The LEGO store brings in a ton of damaged sets and sells them at 50% off. Last year was a blast and there was a ton of great sets. I walked away with Green Grocer for $70.

Last year was my first time and I'll never miss it again. It was a blast. I really suggest bringing MOCs if you can. People love to each others creations and discuss brick. If you don't have anything, you'll still enjoy it, so don't worry! If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.

Edited by jerba

Also, at around 9 pm on Friday night you'll need to make it down to the Woodbridge, VA LEGO outlet in order to participate in the "Running of the Bulls". The LEGO store brings in a ton of damaged sets and sells them at 50% off. Last year was a blast and there was a ton of great sets. I walked away with Green Grocer for $70.

I'm going to try to make it this time around. I have been to the last 3 events but have skipped this in the past. The Woodbridge store was too inconvenient given its distance and the late timing of the event (I stay with my parents in Rockville), but they sent an email today that they are moving it to the much closer Tysons Corner store this year. :thumbup:

I'm not sure what MOCs to bring this year. I won't be bringing the same stuff as last time, as it has been displayed twice now, but I haven't built a whole lot since then. I was thinking of my monorail layout, but it would probably be too much of a hassle to take the whole thing. Maybe I'll just bring the stations.