Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

Red Moon: Chapter Five

chapter_05_01.jpg

With one death, a gruesome murder and a highly suspicious skeleton, the tour group faced its first list of objectives:

• Find the statues.
  • Solve Jack Baxter's murder.
  • Solve the disappearance of Stanton.

To solve any of these mysteries, PM the host. Solving it correctly will change the game play depending on your character and which mystery you have solved. Mysteries can also be solved in the thread by the group. You are allowed three incorrect guesses before you are comically killed off of the game, so think before solving.

Now that the group had a clear picture of their predicament, they looked to their fearless leader, Johnson Willoughby, to show them the rest of the temple, so they could search for clues...

Rules for Game play (borrowed mostly from Dragonator's Mystery Manor)

1. There are to be 21 participants. If you commit to the game you are committing to contributing to the story and sticking with it to the end. I am trusting you all not to drop out halfway through, as that is never any fun.
  2. The winner will be announced at the end of the game. Players will be scored along the way on certain criteria and completion of objectives. This will not be clear until the end. Ask questions for clarity along the way, but don't be surprised if the answers are cryptic. Of course, to win, you must survive…
  3. Attempts to solve the mystery or objectives can be postulated in the game itself. The truth will be revealed at the end. If someone solves the mystery before then, the mystery will play out and that player will be given points for solving it.
  4. Throwing out constant solutions will only get you killed. If an objective is to find out who stole something and you end up posting a guess of every other player, your latest post will be taken as your solution and you will be killed anyway, so just don't do it.
  5. You must search for clues. This means that an action must be specified. For example, you wish to search a room for hidden objects. The following is an example of how not to go about this:
    "I wish to look for suspicious or hidden objects in this room".
    Instead, you must be able to specify what you want to do. For example:
    "I would like to open the drawers of the cabinet."
    It is not required for you to specify exactly what you are doing and what you are looking for, but a generalised statement will not find you anything. Act like a detective and you will be fine.
  6. Dynamic Actions: Actions you wish to carry out without all of the other players' knowledge can be PMed to the game host, Hinckley. You may or may not be allowed to do what you request.
  7. Attacking: I have setup a system for attacking and defending that is needlessly complicated and I won't try to involve you all in the specifics. At a certain point, you may want to attack another player. PM me your attack and I will answer if it is plausible or not. Some characters just would not attack another player, based on their character description. Some characters are stronger than other when it comes to defense and counter-attack. So think before you attack.
  8. Life points: I am using TheBrickster's life points system, however I will not bother you all with the details. Just be careful and do your best to live. :devil:
  9. Host response time: Please be patient. You may bring the story to a point where you need the host to further game play. I will be on top of this game as much as possible. Please be patient with me between chapters as well.
  10. The game host is always right. :wink: Please don't question the rules or the info you are given. Take the info I give you and work with it. If you're terribly confused, please say so or ask questions. But, if I don't give you any further info, please be patient with the info you are given and try to work with what you have.
  11. Stagnant game: If you find yourself trapped in a room, it is because you need to find a clue or you've missed something. Don’t argue with the game host. You’ll be there until everything that needs to be discovered has been discovered.
  12. This game is meant to be fun, so enjoy yourselves!
  13. Please try to avoid editing your posts, as it can lead to suspicion against you. Just consider what you want to say before you say it or even proofread and you'll be fine.
  14. Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning. A second failure will result in the humorous death of your character.

Cast of characters:

Pleas note: more character info will come to some players from the host before each chapter starts.

sylvia.jpg

Sylvia Berent played by Svelte

chris.jpg

Chris Owen played by The Crazy One

siegourney.jpg

Siegourney played by Siegfried

sextons.jpg

Stanton and Richard Sexton played by Striker and Ricecracker

falcons.jpg

Donna and William Falcon played by Dannylonglegs and WhiteFang, along with DJ and Diesel Nolan played by Millacol88 and Dragonator

jack.jpg

Jack Baxter played by Jim Butcher

penny2.jpg

Penny Maltese and Zachary Fortem played by Peppermint_M and Zepher

quentin.jpg

Quentin Mantino played by Quarryman

sandy2.jpg

Sandy Sanders and Sheldon Wills played by Zapper Brick and Shadows

samantha.jpg

Samantha Cole played by I Scream Clone

pecks.jpg

Tony and Ingrid Peck played by TinyPiesRUs and iamded

fred.jpg

Fred Thomas played by fallentomato

diana.jpg

Diana played by Sir Dillon

johnson.jpg

Tour Guide Johnson Willoughby played by TheBrickster

Reserve list

1. Zapper Brick

2. Striker

3. Bob the Construction Man

4. Millacol88

5. Tereglith

6. Eskallon

7. Hewki9

8. BigCam

9. GeneralArmendariz

10. Ben Kenobi

• Find the statues.
  • Solve Jack Baxter's murder.
  • Solve the disappearance of Stanton.

The statues didn't just get up and walk out of here, despite what some might want us to believe, so they must be somewhere in the immediate area. We need to keep our eyes open as we tour the rest of the temple. All of those levers and such have been doing something, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find more of them given the builder's skill at creating them.

Jack's murder. Easiest starting place is the body. I'm going to examine the wounds to see if they are from clawing, ripping or the kind of cutting that would happen from, say, a sword or knife.

Stanton is one I expect we'll solve when we get to the bottom of this cult situation, as I think he's part of it.

I'm going to examine the wounds to see if they are from clawing, ripping or the kind of cutting that would happen from, say, a sword or knife.

*He seems to have been eviscerated by either huge teeth or a very rough-edged knife. Too bad there are no medical experts in the group...*

*He seems to have been eviscerated by either huge teeth or a very rough-edged knife. Too bad there are no medical experts in the group...*

We need a dentist then! *holds up the tooth he found* I wonder how many of these fit in the mouth of whatever it came from... :sceptic:

Right, so now that all the drama with people falling from things and getting killed is over, what do we do now? W=It looks like we have several things that we need to figure out before we can get off this godforsaken island, so on that note, I vote we take a look in the library to see what is in there. Seems like the sort of place we could find out more about these weird statues, since our guide isn't as knowledgeable as the brochure boasted. :hmpf_bad:

I'm not keen on separating from the group, we don't know what sinister things are lurking around here, and there is no way I am leaving my wife anywhere. She needs me and my hulking great sword to protect her. :wub: So, what do the rest of you say?

I would also like to try and find out about this crown Sylvia mentioned seeing, that seems like it could be important. Is there perhaps a tomb somewhere around here? That could be troublesome. :look:

* Find the statues.

* Solve Jack Baxter's murder.

* Solve the disappearance of Stanton.

So these are our choices. I cant help but feel that the first may lead us to a lot of trouble as the statues are most likely the cause of the second mystery. As for the third it is indeed a mystery which will require a lot more effort.

I am up for exploring the library if we can convince the group that is?

The statues didn't just get up and walk out of here, despite what some might want us to believe, so they must be somewhere in the immediate area. We need to keep our eyes open as we tour the rest of the temple. All of those levers and such have been doing something, and I wouldn't be surprised if we find more of them given the builder's skill at creating them.

Jack's murder. Easiest starting place is the body. I'm going to examine the wounds to see if they are from clawing, ripping or the kind of cutting that would happen from, say, a sword or knife.

Stanton is one I expect we'll solve when we get to the bottom of this cult situation, as I think he's part of it.

The first statement you make is stupid. You think that those statues could have been stolen! That's ridiculous. I think you need to receive the size of those things. How could they have been stolen? I'm fairly damn sure they were alive.

As for your third statement, there's a purty body outdoors that's just SCREAMING that you're wrong. I refuse to believe that they happened to find another red haired skeleton and leave it around. I'm afraid Stanton is quite dead. But, maybe we should look around the outside of the temple a little more. I'm thinking both he and the statues will be there, or in some damn secret passage in here. These things always have secret passages.

I saw we investigate the library. We already know the statues aren't here and there might be ancient texts there that help us figure out what we're up against. As for the murder of Jack Baxter and Stanton... there were people missing from the group when we went to the courtyard to look at the eclipse - Sylvia Berent, Siegourney,

William Falcon, Diesel Nolan, Sandy Sanders , Sheldon Wills. Maybe they could give the rest of us their alibis again.

I vote for finding the Statues first, :look: It's really bothering me that they aren't in their places.

Or maybe we should just find somewhere safe and hide there, I mean living demon statues in the middle of the jungle with nothing but a broken down buss!? We're doomed! *Regains composure* Maybe we should check out the library, or even go back outside... as a group of course, and search for the statues out there where it's less claustrophobic.

*Shifts eyes nervously*

The first statement you make is stupid. You think that those statues could have been stolen! That's ridiculous.

Sure, it's much more rational to imagine that they are possessed by the spirits of demons or something and walked out on their own. Statues. Not big skeletons mind you, I might almost make an exception for that, no, statues that are carved of completely solid materials. How silly of me. :look:

How could they have been stolen?

Someone had time to kill Jack and put a skeleton outside. We don't know how many people we're dealing with here, so it's not that hard to imagine.

As for your third statement, there's a purty body outdoors that's just SCREAMING that you're wrong. I refuse to believe that they happened to find another red haired skeleton and leave it around. I'm afraid Stanton is quite dead. But, maybe we should look around the outside of the temple a little more. I'm thinking both he and the statues will be there, or in some damn secret passage in here. These things always have secret passages.

Did you know that hair isn't attached to a skeleton, it's attached to this yellow stuff we call skin? If you can't believe a person or group of people had time to move the statues, why are you willing to believe that they had time to completely gut and strip a body? Do you have any idea how long that takes? I do, and it's more than the time they had.

I will agree that the statues are probably hidden somewhere, however, so at least we have that. :laugh:

Secret passages outside? No doubt there are passages somewhere, but I don't think that searching outside will find them. The thing that ran from the temple came out the entrance, it could have simply gone out by secret passage if there was one leading out.

I second the suggestion to go to the library and stop wasting time.

Since it's fairly obvious that the statues didn't just walk away, I think the logical thing to do would be to check the floor around where the statues were.

Since it's fairly obvious that the statues didn't just walk away, I think the logical thing to do would be to check the floor around where the statues were.

For what?! ruble? If the cultists we're being assaulted by are trying to resurrect the statues, why would they destroy them? If them being alive is out of the question, then they probably dragged them somewhere that would be a good place to preform the ritual... That probably means that Jack was the sacrifice :sadnew: or maybe Stanton, or both. Also doesn't hair still grow, even though a person's dead? I don't know maybe it's finger-nails, but either way, Stanton is probably dead. As for where the statues are now, well a basement is likely, as is outside, cause that has allot of access to moonlight, especially of the red kind...

Now see, that's good thinking!

Let's examine the floor around the statues for drag or scuff marks, disturbances in the dust, anything that seems recent and out of place. Let's also check the walls where they were to see if they revolve or move somehow. Since that large stone altar thing could raise out of the floor, I figure the walls might move too. I'm fairly certain I saw that in a documentary on ancient stone buildings once. Or maybe it was Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. Either way, same lesson.

Now see, that's good thinking!

Let's examine the floor around the statues for drag or scuff marks, disturbances in the dust, anything that seems recent and out of place. Let's also check the walls where they were to see if they revolve or move somehow. Since that large stone altar thing could raise out of the floor, I figure the walls might move too. I'm fairly certain I saw that in a documentary on ancient stone buildings once. Or maybe it was Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. Either way, same lesson.

*A very odd set of tracks lead from the main "altar" and to the courtyard. Even more disconcerting is that the strange set of tracks comes back into the Grand Chamber and seem to disappear into the east wall...*

*A very odd set of tracks lead from the main "altar" and to the courtyard. Even more disconcerting is that the strange set of tracks comes back into the Grand Chamber and seem to disappear into the east wall...*

Now we're getting somewhere!

The strange tracks are probably from the animal thing that killed Jack before running out, losing a tooth, and eventually sneaking back in.

Now... about that east wall! I'd like to examine it closely, feeling along the cracks and edges for any kind of button, switch, loose rock, missing tile or even just some blood marks. Something that would help it open. If I find such a thing, I'd like to use it. If that doesn't work, I'd like someone else to volunteer to run into it at full speed to see if it will rotate. I'm sure it'll be fine. Any volunteers?

I hesitate to add this, but shouldn't we check the east wall for signs of it moving? You know, small gaps where it is sectioned and maybe a way to open it?

Hmmm, how very strange indeed. :look:

I'd like to go over to the east wall with Sheldon and make sure nothing jumps out to eat him; I'll stand ready with my sword just in case. Perhaps we could try pushing the wall once we have made sure that there are no obvious threats?

Once we have done this, we shall proceed to the library, looks like we're easily distracted. :grin:

Creatures dissapearing into walls? I bet the wall is a hidden door, maybe that our little friend might have run off into, maybe suggesting that he could be alive.

I would like to help feeling around the walls for sneaky locks or loose bricks to get in with.

The strange tracks are probably from the animal thing that killed Jack before running out, losing a tooth, and eventually sneaking back in.

And don't you see the animal thing is the statue. Some pople :hmpf:I'd like to look along the wall as well.

Hmmmm.

Well, I guess I'd like to inspect the wall on the opposite side of the room everyone else is inspecting. After all, aren't temples like this all symmetrical? If we find a hidden entrance on one side, perhaps it will be mirrored on the other side? It's worth a shot, yeah?

At last we know!

Sylvia Berent, Siegourney,

William Falcon, Diesel Nolan, Sandy Sanders , Sheldon Wills. Maybe they could give the rest of us their alibis again.

Alibi? :hmpf: I'm telling the truth.

I second the suggestion to go to the library and stop wasting time.

I think this is a good idea.

Have we investigated the central altar? Those arches look suspicious....

Whatever we are intending to do, I am not going to find the statue, and I am sure that statue might be walking around, to ambush us. I am sure the statue doesn't vanish just like that, or I know you guys can't believe that this statue could walk. I hope my family members and I try not to get ourselves in danger.

As for the murder of Jack Baxter and Stanton... there were people missing from the group when we went to the courtyard to look at the eclipse - Sylvia Berent, Siegourney,

Errr?? I thought all of us have aibilis back in Chapter 4?

I'd like to closely examine the hidden compartment in the alter that we opened up at the end of the last day.