Sign in to follow this  
Apache

Admiral's Daughter & Governor Broadside

A comic version of The Admiral's Daughter. I put too much INK around her eyes, but other than that, I'm pleased with it.

admiralsdaughtersmall.jpgRedCoatSilusSmall.jpg

Edited by Mister Phes

Ahhhhh Camilla...

:) Mine came with black hair. About an hour from pencil, ink, eraser, rendering, to scanning. If they have more details like the govnah one, it takes longer. They are small post card sized, which saves on art supplies and time, but is a bit harder because I have to be really steady with my and it's easy to mess up.

Glad you like :)

Edited by Apache

I have an appreciation for all forms of MOCs, including those not made from LEGO. I also spent 4 years at art school but lets not go into that :pir-grin:

And I'm yet to get my own Camilla, much attributed to the fact the larger 2009 Pirate sets were only released in my area a couple of days ago.

I also spent 4 years at art school but lets not go into that :pir-grin:

So that is were we keep getting all those weird drawings from :pir-laugh:

How come you keep calling her Camilla Phes?

Looks good Apache!

Edited by Ratshot

How come you keep calling her Camilla Phes?

Governor Broadside's daughter was originally named in the the LEGO Comic and the Lady Bird Book series, however there was no minifigure representation.

Well not until 6243 Brick Beard's Bounty appeared... The non-Pirate female minifigure is indeed Camilla and this is confirmed in the LEGO Battles game.

I'd post a screen capture of the proof, but me flibberjibbin dial-up conntect aint cooperating right now so I'll try again later.

Keep them coming, Apache! The whole thing is great but I like the hairs best. For a noob like me it's so hard to figure out which parts of "black" have to be "white" in order to look realistic... it looks so shiny..she's got to use a good shampoo :pir-blush:

Well isn't that interesting - in the game Camilla has brown hair and in Brickbeard's Bounty she has black hair. :pir-sceptic:

Very nice work once again Apache! You have inspired me to try my hand at de-minifigureizing some minifigs:

3755439028_afe2bf6286.jpg

^ New Gov. Broadside

Well isn't that interesting - in the game Camilla has brown hair and in Brickbeard's Bounty she has black hair. :pir-sceptic:

The Lego company contradics its self like crazy, something that bugs me to no end :pir-sad:

Your a better artist than I thought, Apache! Your a better artist than I thought :pir-blush:

Very nice work once again Apache! You have inspired me to try my hand at de-minifigureizing some minifigs:

-Snip-

^ New Gov. Broadside

Amazing! very fantastic indeed, oh if only I knew what my sigfig looked like deminifigurized :pir-tongue:

Edited by General Armendariz

General A , were you meaning something like this....

BlueSpaceMansmall.jpg

AH ah ah ha ha ha ha.... I'm still laughing at this one.. I love it.

HK - ooohhh...I like, I like. We should each do a few more and post them here, and make all these salty pirate swabs drool! "Pirates Captin Flint..."

Fenris- Thanks!!!!! The rule that I follow is, Black or dark value depending on color on the sides or outside, and white/light value on the inside, add depth and gives that "Shiny" look. If I didn't leave enough white I can always touch it up with white acrylic paint, which I often do

Ratshot- Muchas Gracias mi amigo

Apache, I've sent you an Email and given you access to the Shipyard. There is a thread waiting for you inside.

The Lego company contradics its self like crazy, something that bugs me to no end :pir-sad:

Or maybe they did intend for the lass aboard Brickbeard's Bounty to be different from Camilla. It could be her sister!

BlueSpaceMansmall.jpg

Oooh, that was a mistake, now everyone will want their sigfigs drawn. Just ask HoundKnight. :pir_laugh2:

Finally! Here be that picture of Camilla I was referring to:

LEGO_battles3_smaller.jpg

What is the name of the pirate wench?

It's good to see some non-Lego art once and awhile (even though this is Lego inspired :pir_laugh2: )

Edited by Emperor Claudius Rome

HK - ooohhh...I like, I like. We should each do a few more and post them here, and make all these salty pirate swabs drool! "Pirates Captin Flint..."

Arr, lets do that! :pir-classic: 'twill be a nice break from drawing sigifigs.

Oooh, that was a mistake, now everyone will want their sigfigs drawn. Just ask HoundKnight. :pir_laugh2:

*Nods head* :pir_wacko:

-Snip-

I like this one. It shows how manly and unscared I am. Bleeding for adventure!

I love it :pir_laugh2:

Heres the newest. I wonder how may people will even look at this thread with all of the new pirate set excitement. But I know HK and Phes will, so enjoy.

RedCoatSilusSmall.jpg

I really enjoyed this one, and am planning on doing Brick Beard next.

For a larger view, check out my site HERE

Heres the newest. I wonder how may people will even look at this thread with all of the new pirate set excitement. But I know HK and Phes will, so enjoy.

Indeed I do!

We shall have to do more to get your art work where people can see it.

In the meantime there's a project in the Shipyard if you're interested.

Beautiful, great, awesome work you've done on those drawings! First class comic drawings in my opinion. :thumbup:

The soldier is my favorite!

Wow! You can be certain that Zuloo will also be checking this thread reguarly too. I love your drawings. All the proportions are perfect. We'll certainly have to expose these on the frontpage when you do your Brickbeard. You are an amazing artist Apache, keep up the great work. It's great you are drawing these for your own enjoyment. That's what LEGO is all about. :pir-classic: