Tom Bricks

Brickbeard's Bride

th_thindexedgif.gif 102b

Brickbeard returns from pirating to surprise his wife with some flowers. I've been kind of into playability recently so the house lifts off the foundation and the back is open. I wanted to have his wife staring out onto the sea thinking of Brickbeard while he is downstairs, about to go up and surprise her.

4131971653_da8963a1c0.jpg

4132733516_3e57cc91e5.jpg

4132732848_ba39988f39.jpg

4131970529_f7154996b2.jpg

4132732490_e6f994b8a0.jpg

4132730006_93bd1a43ec.jpg

I just sat down and started building on this one without any plan, (originally it was going to be an island, then a fort, and then a house) and went wherever I felt like. This is probably my favorite MOC to date and as always Comments and Criticism are welcome.

More pics on Flickr

Edited by SlyOwl

Nice entry. Brickbeard really dressed up for the occasion. :pir_laugh2:

Good colours, great details, very good pictures and a patience wife!!

Very nice Moc overall.

Good luck in the competition!

I just sat down and started building on this one without any plan and went wherever I felt like.

That's how some of the best ideas are created - and it's certainly the case here!

I love this entry, it's brilliant how much you've managed to expand on the small base in order to build such a wonderful MOC. I don't think there's anything that this one needs changing - its colours are perfectly matched, the minifig usage is spot on (I too love how the cap'n has dressed up - even though I think his wife could have used a more "longing" look - but that's where the limited choice of minifig expressions puts a block on creativity, I guess :]), even the rock foundation is a truly marvellous structure. My favourite element here is, quite naturally, the balcony and the orange lamp you've added as a finishing touch.

Great work Tom! There's no doubt in my mind that this will be one of the most serious contenders in its division!

Nice entry and really clear pictures. I like Brickbeard with flowers, he looks funny.

The tower is nice, I like how it isn't perfectly straight. Good hiding place for trasure as well.

Indeed! Brickbeard looks soo cute with the flowers in his hand. His wife is lovely. I love the head hair combination. The house is lovely and very colorful. I really like that brickbeard dressed up for his wife. Only one critic; Where is brickbeards hook?

Thanks everyone

Only one critic; Where is brickbeards hook?

I wanted it to be a younger Brickbeard, I was thinking of them as newlyweds.

Thanks everyone

I wanted it to be a younger Brickbeard, I was thinking of them as newlyweds.

thats pretty cool. personally, I always thought brickbeard was too much of a villain to be married. :pir-tongue: