Sign in to follow this  
Marko

Duplo trains anybody?

traintech1.jpg

Hello,

I have been looking at your nice train creations and understand that you probably do not see a Duplo train "real" but anyway I have a huge collection of Duplo train tracks that I would not like to discard. So I am planning in long run to introduce Duplo trains to my system town as commuting solution for minifigures between my different system towns/villages located in my house at different rooms.

Has anybody done something like that before? I thought that adding a layer of bricks will bring me building ground for system bricks and thats it. Way to create train solution.

Please post your Duplo conversion pics if you have any.

The only Duplo train I know about is this one featured on Railbricks a while back.

I don't get it, besides the track, how is that Duplo?

Edited by Darth Legolas

I stumbled upon some recent Duplo set images recently and they made me think of this topic.

For the most part, I think that Duplo track and pieces are just too big for system/standard LEGO, but there are a few Duplo pieces that I would be interesting to use.

I especially like the container boxes contained in sets like this that would make an interesting hopper:

5606-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

It would be interesting to see if others have combined the two types of bricks (be it track or other Duplo parts). The down-side is that you loose a lot of the brick-built detail and inticacy with the big Duplo bricks.

I stumbled upon some recent Duplo set images recently and they made me think of this topic.

For the most part, I think that Duplo track and pieces are just too big for system/standard LEGO, but there are a few Duplo pieces that I would be interesting to use.

I especially like the container boxes contained in sets like this that would make an interesting hopper:

5606-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

It would be interesting to see if others have combined the two types of bricks (be it track or other Duplo parts). The down-side is that you loose a lot of the brick-built detail and inticacy with the big Duplo bricks.

I like that you have in mind the set that was my last acquisition for my year and half old boy. I was planning to use the Duplo track system and the undercarriages and rest to build System. My logic is that as I use road baseplates in my town for roads, I also do not care too much about train system infrastructure details. I will have something to show in couple of years only as then I plan to phase out Duplo and switch fully System in my household.