Sign in to follow this  
Praiter Yed

SoF: The Stepford Friends

"I make friends. They're not toys. My friends are not toys! I make them."

Dr. Rob Ottick

genesis_of_the_friends_2.jpg

Catherine Rose's latest assignment is nothing more than a lifestyle piece, way below her skills as an investigative journalist, but then she hasn't had a scoop in months and her job is on-the-line. "What makes the people of Heartlake City so damn perfect? I mean c'mon it aint L.A. Now scoot!" that's what her editor had said right before he ushered her out the door, he'd also given her just 24 hours to bring in a story, or else...

Eighteen hours later she knows she's onto something. A hunch has led her to the small town of Stepford on the outskirts of Heartlake, and the home of the enigmatic Dr Rob Ottick. If this thing is as big as she thinks, she'll be picking up a Pulitzer Prize...

dont_go_in_the_cellar_2.jpg

genesis_of_the_friends_3.jpg

Dr Rob Ottick: Ah, Ms. Rose you're just in time, I've been expecting you.

Catherine Rose: Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here.

RO: I make Friends. They're not toys. My Friends are not toys! I make them.

CR: She's perfect, who is she?

RO: My Friends are almost perfect, I have problems synthesising realistic hair. It's always too soft and a little spongy... You have beautiful hair Ms. Rose...

genesis_of_the_friends_4.jpg

7639924170_c3a647dc7a_z.jpg

I hope to take better/more pictures but time is against me due to a looming holiday so in the meantime here is my entry which is heavily inspired by the 1975 sci-fi classic 'The Stepford Wives' (and some other sci-fi/horror movies) :sweet: .

Edited by Praiter Yed

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

WELL DONE!

Brilliant and fantastically excecuted. I can't believe you pulled off a Friends MOC with no Friends colouring :rofl:

Awesome job. And great job with all the little details, the slats on the side of the house in particular are really well done.

Totally AWESOME MOC 'Praiter Yed', fantastic operating room/lab too.....great take on a classic sci-fi idea that dates back to Metropolis.

Good luck in the contest and Brick On with your Friend's 'Praiter Yed' ! :grin:

Brilliant :sweet:

Love that Dr name :wink:

Very cool MOC! I like this!

Interesting, though slightly disturbing idea :look: I like the Dr's operating room :thumbup:

Thanks Guys, I'm glad you find it is slightly disturbing soccerkid6 :wink:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

WELL DONE!

Brilliant and fantastically excecuted. I can't believe you pulled off a Friends MOC with no Friends colouring :rofl:

Awesome job. And great job with all the little details, the slats on the side of the house in particular are really well done.

Thanks Si-MOCs. I suppose it doesn't really do this; "The vast variety of new parts, newly coloured pieces and minidolls can be integrated with any other LEGO theme, so show us how it's done!" :blush: . I nearly didn't enter because I don't have those colours and parts, but then I had the idea of going back to the 'genesis' of Friends... maybe all those parts and colours wouldn't exist yet :laugh:. Regarding the side of the house I became obsessed with trying to create that 'Don't go into the basement' moment from horror films and I just had to base the walls on the famous Amityville house.

Totally AWESOME MOC 'Praiter Yed', fantastic operating room/lab too.....great take on a classic sci-fi idea that dates back to Metropolis.

Good luck in the contest and Brick On with your Friend's 'Praiter Yed' ! :grin:

Cheers Lightingtiger. Metropolis was another influence, I wanted to put rings around the Robodoll but didn't have the space (or parts :grin: ).

Love the idea! So funny and well done. :thumbup:

Nice spin-off of the creepy story.

So now we have; 'slightly disturbing', 'funny' and 'creepy' :grin: . Thanks guys.

I have now updated images in first post including the WIP of my Robodoll which I posted on flickr a few weeks ago.

I knew it! I suspected it all along, but they said I was mad! Mad! :grin:

In all seriousness, this is quite a fun vignette. Very disturbing and cute at the same time. It's... cutesturbing. :thumbup:

Reminds me of Westworld in some twisted kind of way :laugh:

Good job :thumbup:

Thanks KimT. I can't beleive you mentioned Westworld, I almost included my custom Yul Brynner as a prototype android in the background but decided to add a brush instead (in an attempt to at least slightly 'Friendsify' my entry :grin: ).

I knew it! I suspected it all along, but they said I was mad! Mad! :grin:

In all seriousness, this is quite a fun vignette. Very disturbing and cute at the same time. It's... cutesturbing. :thumbup:

'Cutesturbing' - I like it :grin: . Thanks.