Sign in to follow this  
Captain_Scarlet

Its been way to long.

Hi folks

( this is my 1st post since signing up so please go easy on me )

Me and my good lady just happened to be in Manchester over the weekend for a bit of shopping when we both noticed there was a Lego show on in the building next door. Well both wife and I were fans of Lego when we were kids but kinda grew out it. Thought it would be a good break from the shops to have a wander round the show a have a bit of a trip down memory lane.

All we could say was WOW!!!! We both couldn't beleive how much its moved on in and were instantly hooked. We were that impressed we imeadiatly went back over the road to The Lego Discovery centre and spent a small fortune on a kit each. I had to have a the last Unimog in manchester and my wife after a lot of temptations plumped for cafe corner. I managed to get the Mog finished last night after about 6.5 hours of building ( if you dont include the half hours head scratching when the front and back wheels turned opposite ways. Had the rear diff in the wrong way around!! ) and the cafe is about 3/4s built. Think that house deposit we were both saving for might take a bit of a dent pretty soon.

Have fun

PC & KC

I recognize that user name from the email. Glad you got registering sorted out and welcome back into LEGO!

Welcome to the EB community, its good to have another technic fan on the forum. :thumbup:

That brought a huge smile to my face. I think converting adults into "Adult Fans of LEGO" is one of the unstated aims of all LEGO shows default_laugh_new.gif Wasn't it incredible? The Rubik's cube solvers blew my mind, but so did many other things like the Modulex planning board rescued from the Yorkshire Building Society offices, and all those amazing creations kids were making out of 2x4 red bricks.

And your choice of sets was excellent I've heard nothing but good things about Unimog. If you don't want to make too big a dint in those savings, there are sites that keep an eye on Amazon LEGO discounts. I missed so many great sets in my Dark Age but many of the ones from the last couple of years are becoming cheap on Amazon. And for your official LEGO Shop/online purchases you can apply for a VIP card which gives you £5 for every £100. (By the way, the LDC isn't an official LEGO store, it's run by Merlin Entertainments, so you wouldn't have got any VIP points there, in case you were upset at missing out!)

Happy building and welcome!