Sign in to follow this  
gylman

The gold C3PO madness has begun

That one you linked to went for just $102. That's peanuts!

And I see someone advertising a "shiney gold" C-3PO. That's an attempt at dishonest selling if ever I saw one.

I especialy like the way the seller has opened the little white bag it came in. Appararently he was in a big hurry. :-/

Edited by jamtf

I especialy like the way the seller has opened the little white bag it came in. Appararently he was in a big hurry. :-/

yeah that's what i noticed too. the price would have gone up significantly if the bag was still closed...

in any case, 102 dollars for an opened bag with a golden c3p0 is most definitely not much...

yeah that's what i noticed too. the price would have gone up significantly if the bag was still closed...

in any case, 102 dollars for an opened bag with a golden c3p0 is most definitely not much...

It's the highest so far. Let's keep a running tab...

Frankly, if there are 10,000 of these out and about, I don't think they will go much higher than this.

We should make a pool... on the averaged cost of the two most expensive ones sold on eBay, excluding any ones with special offers, free shiping, etc etc,

I just hope the price stay around 100 $ or less, then I think i will buy one, let see the price on Bricklink, propably higher than eBay.

Morten

If they're only going for $100 I might too...

But this means I can start Buying the SW sets if I see them, I was worried they wouldn't start being put in until July...

If they're only going for $100 I might too...

But this means I can start Buying the SW sets if I see them, I was worried they wouldn't start being put in until July...

$100 is silly money for these, there are 10,000, they will sell for $50 or less in a few months.

I have counted 2 currently for sale on eBay. Both are still sealed inside the small white polybag. One is a regular auction and still running (price has gone over $100 already, will be interesting to see where this one ends up), the other one is available at just $250.00 with buy it now but the seller is willing to take offers. X-D

250... must be a record for a minifig

The sad thing is that I bet it isn't :-( I hope that price doesn't keep up...

Could you imagine what the 5 gold-plated ones would go for? $3000US :-X

The sad thing is that I bet it isn't :-( I hope that price doesn't keep up...

Could you imagine what the 5 gold-plated ones would go for? $3000US :-X

well i guess it depends on how bad people want them; i still don't get Lego's idea behind the limited release of these figs, why not just create a special edition set, like a limited number of the old xwing, but oh well; thank god io'm not a sw collector

I like the comment of the sellers "oh I didn't expected it, I don't even know what it is (but I'm still selling it for a really high price)".

Well one sold for $250 and only had 11 hits before it sold, plus it already had an offer near $200, so it looks like $250+ is the going rate.

The winning bidder is apparently owner of bricklink store e-Bricks. Check out the thread here:

Linky

*sigh* A very good point is brought up in the thread you linked to. How would one know if the set had the chance to contain the golden 3PO, or was old stock that didn't even have the possibility?

Ah, but here is an unnoticed thing: This one is MISB, whereas the one that went for 102 was already opened.

I noticed it of course. But the figs are both new. I truly wonder how these were discovered though. Did the sellers buy multiple random sets hoping to hit one or more or did they struck gold by coincidence... makes you wonder doesn't it?

And in what sets were they in? Were they most likely found in the expensive sets such as Trade Federation MTT or did they also occur in the cheaper sets such as the new Naboo Fighter? Whatever the situation, none of them is supposed to have a C-3PO as part of the set. The only one with it that is part of the current line is the 10144 Sand Crawler which is not available in regular toy stores (I don't know aobut the US though). I guess this is irrelevant and the gold guys might be dropped inside any set.

I also wonder how many boxes the sellers had to tear open before they found it. 8-|

I noticed it of course. But the figs are both new. I truly wonder how these were discovered though. Did the sellers buy multiple random sets hoping to hit one or more or did they struck gold by coincidence... makes you wonder doesn't it?

And in what sets were they in? Were they most likely found in the expensive sets such as Trade Federation MTT or did they also occur in the cheaper sets such as the new Naboo Fighter? Whatever the situation, none of them is supposed to have a C-3PO as part of the set. The only one with it that is part of the current line is the 10144 Sand Crawler which is not available in regular toy stores (I don't know aobut the US though). I guess this is irrelevant and the gold guys might be dropped inside any set.

I also wonder how many boxes the sellers had to tear open before they found it. 8-|

I actually sent an e-mail to the seller of the fig currently still on ebay. His response was:

I picked him up at Star Wars celebration IV so I don't know if they had the sets there early because of the convention or what. But I was lucky enough to get one.

So I'd wait a bit longer before checking in stores...in case it's old stock

Who the hell will pay that much!! What a dirty robbing bast**d!! >:-(

Sign in to follow this