Sign in to follow this  
tamuhockey

Custom LEGO Clone Wars Republic Gunship listed on eBay

I really don't think anybody's gonna place a bid higher then the starting bid of $399. It's a MOC after all.

I will just have to wait and see. I've had a number of interested parties contact me saying as much, but I've also had several contact me asking how much I would charge to end the auction early, and sell direct to them, so I will just have to see how it goes. Its certainly alot for a MOC, but I know in the past that I've spent far more procuring the pieces, especially when you factor in shipping, to tackle MOCing projects of a similar piece count.

Thanks for looking anyway, I and I do appreciate your input.

That much for a MOC???? 8-

Well, the best thing to do on Ebay is too start off with a low starting bid. If I see a starting bid of 400, I won't bid, no matter how nice the item is. And I know most people feel the same. However, if you have a starting bid of 1$ or something similar, people will bid on it, and when they're overbid they don't want to lose and they'll keep on bidding. That way, the chances are higher that you'll actually get 400$.

Whoa, it sold for almost 500$. Some people really are crazy!

THat does surprise me. Normally, I would follow your advice of start low. It's just a nice MOC!

Never forget that some people don't have tha bility to build models like this themseleves. Plus star wars collectors would just collect anything star wars related and don't have the time to build. Everytime I see a star wars MOC, I'm not amazed by the overpriced auctions. Star wars freaks are special.

Sorry for the necropost, but I feel this is important-

I was the one who bought this a few years ago from you. It was well worth the $500. The building was so great, it surpassed that of the lego group. I even modified it to add some medical beds in the front. To prove that I actually bought it, I might upload pics.

Anyways, I'm not even much of a Star-Wars fan. The reason I got this thing was because it just looks so darn awesome- it could really be a transport from any future universe. I'm probably going to use it in a comic soon.

I can build stuff like this, if not as good, myself. Check out my MOCpage-http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/27498 Some of my bests are my Scorpion tank V3, Troop transport tank, and Aliens Vig. Saber-Scorpion himself has 5/5ed some of my creations.

One question- why did you change the following from the time you took these pics to when you sold it to me-

The missile launchers, changed from white, blue, and grey to mainly blue and black.

The nose, changed from two grey pistols to two black pirate flintlocks.

Take away the printed domes on the wings for clear ones, as well as change the tips.

Make the bottom white instead of grey.

As well as numerous other things like the back pillars, the decorations on the sides of the top, the insides of the wing turrets, etc.

Edited by DanFaraday

Sign in to follow this