Sign in to follow this  
Frank Brick Wright

Tall Ships Races 2012

The Tall Ships Races are a competition hold since 1956 to encourage friendship and general interest in sailing. Tsis year they started in France and are going to Cadiz, La Coruna and next to Dublin. The ships left Lisbon today.

I thought that with so many sailing ships fans around here it would be interesting to post the photos. I spent quite some time in the docks visiting the ships so I have a reasonable amount (about 300 pir_laugh2.gif) of photos so if you want to see something specific just ask.

The ships on the docks (not all of them but still…):

dsc06000.jpg

Rigging nightmare pirate_classic.gif

dsc05914.jpg

The river is quite full:

dsc06079.jpg

Europa under sail:

dsc06057.jpg

Criola:

dsc06021.jpg

Vera Cruz, a replica of a portuguese caravel:

dsc06105.jpg

dsc06121.jpg

And Europa preparing to fire a broadside at the mighty Sagres (portuguese ship, also) pirate_tong.gif

dsc06068.jpg

And of course, this Royal Navy officer at the steering wheel! pirate_classic.gif

dsc05928.jpg

If you are interested in photos from Russian, Belgian, British, Dutch or Polish ships also (specially if you are from these countries pirate_laugh_new.gif) don't hesitate to ask!

Edited by Frank Brick Wright

I've heard of this race! I really need to see it one day, will they be passing the UK?

:jollyroger:

The images aren't loading for me either and it's because the entire "TallShipRaces" folder in BrickWright's account has been deleted.

Please rectify this in the near future.

The images aren't loading for me either and it's because the entire "TallShipRaces" folder in BrickWright's account has been deleted.

Please rectify this in the near future.

I am so sorry but only now I noticed this topic. My brickshelf folder with the photos was deleted by the moderators of Brickshelf pirate_hmpfbad.gif No idea why. I hope this time they aren't deleted!

They were probably deleted because one of their conditions is that pictures must have something to do with Lego.

Perhaps you'd better upload the pictures to Flickr or Photobucket. Otherwise I think they will be deleted again.

Nice pictures by the way! Especially the caravel :pir-classic:

I am so sorry but only now I noticed this topic. My brickshelf folder with the photos was deleted by the moderators of Brickshelf pirate_hmpfbad.gif No idea why. I hope this time they aren't deleted!

Thank you for restoring the images, but Admiral Croissant is correct, as they do not contain LEGO they will again be deleted.