de Gothia

Benoic Quarry

Avalonia and Benoic is growing stronger every day. Stones from this quarry is sent all over Avalonia to become walls, houses and bridges.

A blacksmith is located at the quarry to support the men with tools. A few men have taken a break and soon they will be served their lunch.

C&C is always welcome!

6678320961_a5abfe6ff5.jpg

6678325013_ed43431a88.jpg

6678323053_d97b9e44e6.jpg

6678325981_6d42d18a31.jpg

I always imagine a quarry being enormously tall, like the side of a mountain. But this works for me as well. Lots of good details and thought but into this. I have used up a lot of stone on the Albion gatehouse, so may I request you send a few cart fulls of stone to me so I may work on my embassy?!

Thanks!!

Cpt Beerbeard: Sorry to say that this quarry only have light limestone... :wink:

Z: Yes I thought that aswell, but after seeing this blog http://medievaljames.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-01-04T15:22:00-08:00&max-results=7 I thought differently. And the carts are on their way!!!

Edited by de Gothia

Wow DeGothia! Another great build. I'm way jealous of all the time you have to build. For me, school has been getting buisier.So I have about 4 hours in a school week to build.

But, it's a three and a half day weekend for us.. Embassy time. Well, keep on building!

Just another great build de Gothia you can sense the activity on this Moc.

As the workers sustain and provides the rock we need for our constructions.

I like the selection of minifigures, and the poses they have.

But it seems the quarry is going to be depleted soon, better to start searching for another rock source. :tongue:

6678325981_6d42d18a31.jpg

Wow! That is one really strong guy!

At 1.25*2*3 studs or feet, that's 7.5 cubic feet of rock he's carrying. Stone is about 2600 lbs per cubic yard (9 cubic feet), so he's got 2166 lbs (or slightly over a ton)!

Thanks for the comments! :classic:

Niku: No, the quarry is only in it´s beginning. The rock is continuing under the tree. They just have to clear out the bushes and dirt on top of the rock..

NM: Hehe! Yes I know, we Avalonians are really strong!! :wink: (the reason I put that brick in his arms is because it looks really silly when he was carry a 1x2 or 1x1 brick! :classic: )

Edited by de Gothia

Yay! Now Avalonia is the center of construction material! The sawmill was already there, now accompanied by the quarry! Awesome.

Construction material monopoly! :laugh:

It's a great build de Gothia, fantastic work. I especially like the amount of detail you always put into your creations. :thumbup:

Cool job fellow guildsman!

Z: Yes I thought that aswell, but after seeing this blog http://medievaljames.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-01-04T15:22:00-08:00&max-results=7 I thought differently. And the carts are on their way!!!

Yes, our fantasy interpretations of what a castle should look like, and what it actually does look like very greatly often. Same thing with the quarry, the "fantasy" version we always envision is probably nothing near accurate.

Yes, our fantasy interpretations of what a castle should look like, and what it actually does look like very greatly often. Same thing with the quarry, the "fantasy" version we always envision is probably nothing near accurate.

When I visited Georgia and Florida, there was a brochure for a "Medieval Joust". I always wondered how American residents can be so interested in the history of another continent. I know all ancestors of them come from Europe, but there are no medieval elements in the USA...

For example, I just have to step outside my house to see already a medieval element (some ruins of a castle near my house). In the city where I study, Ghent, there are lots of Medieval buildings, churches, castles, ... and I can go on like this as here in Flanders, the distance between 2 old cities is 20 miles, there are plenty of them...

Well, I am not telling this because I have some remarks, your MOC's are outstanding, it's just something I wonder sometimes :tongue:

When I have plan for a MOC, I'll never will look for some examples first, I just use my fantasy and the memories of all the buildings I've already seen :classic:

What a great idea for a moc, loving how you are coming up with these great additions, our land is really coming to life. Great work, with your usuall great attention to detail. Nice to see so many everyday life scenes.

I will update the first page soon and get all these new additions added.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!!

Cpt Blackmoor: Yes, now we have constructions material done! :classic: Let´s pump out some material to our fellow guildsmen!

DaMaximus: Maybe that is the answer, they don´t have thier own middle ages (of course they had, but not in the same aspect as the European knights and so on) so they think that is pretty cool... Knights sells you know! :tongue:

DC: I just love to come up with ideas for mocs to Avalonia and I´m quite happy with this one as I´ve never seen a Lego quarry before...

Now it´s time for my pottery, if only my potts will arrive soon! :classic:

It's a great idea for a MOC, very different, and expertly done as we've come to expect from you.

Also thanks for posting that link to Medieval James, I spent about 2 hours this morning reading it. Was surprised it was a castle being built in the U.S. of all places :tongue:

I was sure I knew this layout from somewhere, and right, the guy who building the castle in Arkansas is the same guy like in France. Some similar structures, techniques and layout. So what I'm trying to say here, is that you did such an excellent job on your moc that it mirrors reality quite well. I love it.

What I do not like is this Avalonian bragging about you guys being the first ones with a stone quarry, as there is one in Mitgardian Stoneroda too:

sscn0383.jpg

Thanks guys! Yes that page is great and give a lot of ideas what you can build!

Kabel: I didn´t know that you had a quarry in your moc... I´ve searched for the word quarry in both BS, Flickr and EB and I did´nt found anything. You haven´t mention the quarry in your thread about Stoneroda at all and the pic you linked to now is only in your BS folder so it´s very easy to miss...

Great scene De Gothia! Lot's of detail and action going on, love it! One thing it's more like a suggestion is the spit roast, I think it should have some rope around it or something like 2 small elastic bands holding it on, I know nobody in their right mind would drill a hole through their pig, or maybe between the legs might work, idk, I just wouldn't do that to my piggies. Another great moc DG, keep up the good work! :thumbup: