Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Post LDD Contest Entries here!

First%20Design%20Contest.jpg

This is the entry topic for the LDD Contest for Lego Historic Themes MOCs. Post your creations here only.

To read about the contest and rules for entries click here

To discuss the various entries, use this discussion topic in the LDD forum.

Hello,

This is my creation for the LDD contest. It's based on a farm house of the alliance faction in Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos. The roof can be opened somewhat as easy as a happymeal to access the interior. All you need to do is move the shimney up and then move the roof down, the other side will go down without any steps.

Brick count is ~1083 with no minifigures. After I was done I scanned it using the LDD Manager to see if every brick was available. Some 2x".." brown brick was not available in that color. But I couldn't find that brick anymore and added it double to the total bricks since it was available in half the size.

The interior has some cupboards, a fireplace, a rug, a bed, a painting on the wall, some barrels, a mug table, a desk, chair. There's also a small overhead with a ladder, sort of attic for storage.

It has been ages since I build anything with lego (that is finished atleast..) but it was a great challange and I hope you enjoy it.

Pictures:

Front and right side view with roofwindow.

frontdoor-roofwindow.jpg

Back and left side with shimney.

back.jpg

Top interior view.

interior.jpg

.lxf file:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Solidbrick/WC3Farm/wc3house.lxf

Here's a Wild West MOC for ya: what town is complete without a doctor's office to help mop up after all the shootouts?

It contains 472 parts. I had to change a few things around from how I initially envisioned it due to parts color availability, but I'm very happy with the result! The main goal of the MOC was to utilize the grooved 1 x 2 brick to achieve a horizontal lap siding sort of look since I've never seen it used that way before. I also wanted a Western MOC with more subdued colors - no visually loud accents, just earth tones. Finally, it had to be in the style of the official LEGO Western sets - 16x32 tan baseplate (with a black fence) and an open back wall.

Though the primary color is sand green, it's worth noting that there are only 3 different sand green parts used here: the brick 1 x 2 with groove, technic brick 1 x 2, and brick 1 x 1.

I do sort of wish LDD displayed texture in tiles better to show off the alternating 1 x 2 and 1 x 6 tiles that make up the office floor and the 1 x 4 brown tiles on the boardwalk, but that's okay!

docs001.jpg

docs003.jpg

docs004.jpg

LDD file attached!

docs.zip

Modular Bridge & Watchtower.

Class: LDD + Real Bricks

Approximately 1800 bricks.

The idea is that this is the first section of a modular bridge that could have any manner of buildings or structures on top. As with all good modular buildings its connected by pins. The house is hinged, the roof is removable, and the top section is removable from the bottom. The house's color scheme, which I didn't realize until I finished, is kind of Apple Tree Houseish. Point of interest, the guard by the door and the sword and shield inside the house are from 375, my very first castle set.

My LDD file differs from the final model because in keeping with the spirit of the contest, I designed it initially in LDD and changed details as it was built. It was originally gong to be a bunkhouse so there was a bed inside. The colors in my LXF are off from the original, mainly because I used LDD to flesh it out and I knew I'd finalize the colors when I built it.

Flickr Gallery

4798652859_40996300b0.jpg

4799286562_59d71e412a.jpg

Edited by Peppermint_M
removed attachments as requested.