Sign in to follow this  
Dannylonglegs

Blacktron Mafia: Conclusion, Tranquility

20042413944_51e05aa50c_z.jpg

21038539472_bd1e48a405_z.jpg

"The Day began like normal, with a cadre of corrupt characters coalescing in the conference compartment.

21519829439_ab761c4ddb_z.jpg

"No kills last night!" Danny announced. "So that's good I guess."

"man, I have a headache from all the Kafka I was reading last night." Announced Paul Harkonnenn.

Suddenly... Paul stood up...

21695160062_aeb01acf76_z.jpg

....took off his helmet... and then his skin...

21680558076_bab84fe26f_z.jpg

"Ah." He stated. "Much better."

Then the rest of the group began noticing similar changes...

21519766999_1defbf698e_z.jpg

"I don't want to be a firefly!" protested Nathan.

21715837311_37b20a5742_z.jpg

"I guess it's into the garbage shoot with me." Stated Hannah.

21083869494_a359ab5225_z.jpg

"Help me! Help me!" Shrieked Zipzop as he too was converted.

21695077902_d4424309b8_z.jpg

"Game over, man! Game over!" Minga shouted... Until she too was viscerally transformed into a bizarre Cronenberg-esque insectoid creature.

Seamus stood in awe at the terrible scene.

"No." He stated.

21680479506_9375c20985_z.jpg

"No. No. No. No. No."

21518699308_ccdde8241e_z.jpg

The swarm began to surround him.

"Join us!" They moaned. "Join the Insectoid Cult!"

"No freakin' way ya loons! I know Danny admitted his game was slightly out of balance, but he did't say it was fookin' broke!" The bounty hunter bellowed as he was tackled to the ground.

21715750761_23e199c3cd_z.jpg

"This is like Heartlake all over again!" Were his last words as a (mostly) Human...

21518662618_d9bbfc9eea_z.jpg

The new insectoid creature awoke and declared: "Bloodsuckers are the new town in Dannylonglegs' Insect Mafia!"

The Insectoid Aristocrat grinned evily.

And then, in walked in a resin-coated figure...

21519640059_5e84211e42_z.jpg

It was 'Rip' Sewer! The reverse death miller/suicidal-cult-leader/Alien Queen! Her death had completed her own personal metamorphosis and now she would reign supreme as the queen of her new swarm! Long would be the chitin-encrusted arms of the Insectoid Empire!

21706454055_0a11a371cc_z.jpg

Insectoid Cult wins!,"

21518613238_e063a5d555_z.jpg

Danny thought to himself, as he took Diamond Dodd to the interrogation room.

21518490030_66029f5d2a_z.jpg

"I mean, I'm not M. Night Shayamalan." Danny stated to no one for no particular reason.

Danny said.

21519551629_8eb30ac8f3_z.jpg

Danny: "So, Diamond, I already know your affiliation. Infact, I know everyone's. So, I don't really need to interrogate you. I'm just going to kill you."

21694897492_5fc235e966_z.jpg

Danny: "We green?"

21518530918_ab34122dc9_z.jpg

A chair fell heavily upon the Insectoid's helmet. He fell.

"Super green." Stated the figure behind the chair.

21085341083_b1d1c47429_z.jpg

Diamond: "Nathan! You came for me!"

Nathan: "To the ends of the galaxy!" Declared Nathan.

21715573121_5005f6c0e1_z.jpg

"Onyx is on her way. The shields are down. I think I need my Brown coat for this." Nathan stated, triumphantly.

"Ooh! Costume change!" Declared Diamond

"Together, you and I, we'll free this galaxy from the oppression of the Federation!" Nathan stated.

21518376430_e8c9c2f0fe_z.jpg

Meanwhile, The Town Block reconvened for a meeting

21083571754_db99e68088_z.jpg

Minga: "We've finally figured out the identities of the Rebel scum, Seamus... And we did it all without your old-school methods too."

4 of 2: "Yeah. We just got everyone to claim to us! Clearly, those who claimed vanilla are the scum team! They would never dare claiming a PR!"

Seamus: "Alright, well who's the last of the scum!? And what's Paul doing here? He's scum!"

21085294483_486d9807d1_z.jpg

Minga: "We're just trying to ignore him. He won't leave the room."

Seamus: "Well we need to nail a Blacktron agent tonight or we're space toast! So! Who's the scum team?!"

Clementine: "Well... We're thinking Bock."

Minga: "Yup. Bock probably."

Seamus: "So... What're you lot going to do about it?"

The town block looked at eachother uneasily.

21083558284_e97b26cd25_z.jpg

Seamus: "Must I do everything myself?!"

And with that, Seamus stormed off.

21680195596_6dbc63d71e_z.jpg

Later in Bock's room...

21083323824_58411f4f1f_z.jpg

A dark figure hid underneath a bed.

21706007365_555ec8c720_z.jpg

Bock leapt out from beneath his bed, where he'd been waiting, expecting a prank...

Bock: "Boo! Wait what?! Is that the dance scene from Labyrinth?"

Seamus: "Here's Seamus!"

21518156558_6b6466f1ae_z.jpg

Seamus brought the screen down hard onto the head of Bock Pathos (Bob), killing him.

Meanwhile, the Town Block was watching a computer screen that Paul Harkonnenn had hacked...

21083535484_76edc327b7_z.jpg

Paul: "Hey, take a look at this."

Minga: "Is that?..."

Paul: "Yeah."

21706225935_6a48212950_z.jpg

Danny still lay stiff on the floor where Nathan and Diamond had left him.

Minga: "Oh man... This is bad..."

21085216953_918281515b_z.jpg

4 of 2: "I must ensure that Blacktron does not win tonight. I must do my job."

4 of 2 made her way to Bock's room... only to find his corpse.

21679877426_b77f0c6732_z.jpg

"Seamus... How do we know if we chose right or wrong?..."

Meanwhile, back in Meeting Room 1, the Town Block made another revelation....

21680118336_af25faf813_z.jpg

Clementine: "We're out of time... Here, Hannah. I'll protect you. You are the investigator after all."

The group flipped the table to use as a barricade, as Harriet stomped into the room.

21680096476_5465698036_z.jpg

Minga: "Harriet Stomper! I should have known!" Declared Minga.

Harriet: "You should have!" Harriet retorted.

21518202970_5980ce0a30_z.jpg

Hannah shot first, under the table, but missed. Then Harriet opened-fire.

21519282199_28c202aab0_z.jpg

Minga: "Cease this madness! What do you mean to do!"

Harriet: "Oh, I can't decide whether you should live or die!" She sang. :Die, I guess!" She decided, gunning down the former tyrant and fashionista. Minga Gorgon (Dragonfire) had died.

21085097393_6d436e9ac0_z.jpg

Paul: "Now comes the good part."

"Huh?" A confused Clementine queried.

21518250138_c45ac2fc88_z.jpg

Suddenly! A wild Zipzop appeared! He used confusing wall of text copied directly from teh scum writeboard! It was supper effective!... as a distraction while Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer) too was gunned down.

21085052823_ea925766c9_z.jpg

Hannah, however, had escaped the room, as the Blacktron scum-pals celebrated.

Meanwhile, In Meeting Room 2 (which looks just like Meeting Room 1, but is totally different, I swear).

21705917995_3c0f1933e5_z.jpg

Seamus: "So, Spyrius HQ, when can I expect my money?"

Spyrius: "What money?! You have accomplished nothing! We invested many resources to the success of your mission.... and what do you have to show for it?! Blacktron has landed a decisive victory on this planet!"

21083201714_3e8b7113b9_z.jpg

Seamus: "What do you mean?" The bounty hunter demanded, raising his blaster to the robotic messenger.

21519062319_390562fcb2_z.jpg

Spyrius: "The Renegade is incoming to your location... Onyx Cerebus is on board..."

Seamus: "Viscous."

Spyrius: "Affirmative. You have failed us. Extract yourself."

21715119721_d797631245_z.jpg

Seamus: "Ah Nutty Fudgekins!" Seamus Aaron (Hinckley) declared, as he made preparations to escape the rock.

21083148074_544d0ed333_z.jpg

"Alright, Patter, we're getting of this rock, girl!"

Meanwhile in a hallway not too far from Meeting Room 1, two Loyalists ran into eachother...

21679778526_e68322e01d_z.jpg

"They're all dead!" Declared Hannah, frantically! "We need to find Nathan! I investigated him, he's Loyal!"

21705818195_977f5166f8_z.jpg

Nathan: "Looks like we arrived in the nick of time then! What does that make us, Diamond?"

Diamond: "Big damn villains, sir."

Nathan: "Damn straight."

21083100694_1a09b4629a_z.jpg

With a blast of the gun, 4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic) was no more.

"Terminator Terminated." Declared Nathan, as Hannah ran off once more.

She ran out of the facility, and out onto the surface of the planet, searching for her ship!... Instead, she found two people she thought were dead.

21694320192_d425168761_z.jpg

"What're you two doing here?!" She demanded.

"I have been burdened with glorious purpose." Stated Major Dave. "The Space Dragons need us to make a stand. We must protect this bastion of civilization at the edge of the chaotic frontier."

"We have to escape! Blacktron's coming! There's no way we'll survive" Declared Hannah.

"You've got that right." Stated Onyx Cerebus.

21705764405_2ce2baf6cd_z.jpg

21083073964_888e872a11_z.jpg

"You shall not pass!" Declared Major Dave.

21517823590_e0090d6d77_z.jpg

Onyx did not even respond, simply raising her blaster, and felling the three. Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest) had perished as well.

21083037234_d05ff70c0b_z.jpg

And with Onyx's bootprints crept a shadow darker than that of obscured light. As Onyx approached the facility, it seemed that light ran in fear of her. The shadow drew in upon the facility. The sun set even as it rose to usher the dawn.

21517799940_d0c0d6fc89_z.jpg

Later, in Meeting Room 3.

21518876249_ff043dbcd1_z.jpg

Onyx: "Excellent work, operatives. Now. Let's grab anything that's not nailed down, and we will glass this place from above. Blacktron is victorious!"

Congratulations Blacktron! Winners are: TinyPiesRUs, Sir Stig, Mediumsnowman, Piratedave84, and CallmePie.

21714940591_e89733ba65_z.jpg

Meanwhile... In a hallway....

21517727310_23a2049e7e_z.jpg

"Time to abandon ship!" Declared Danny Longlegs as he walked.

He turned on his coms device. "I think it's time we blow this scene. Get everybody and the stuff together, and let's jam."

The Insectoid carried his affects and jauntily sauntered to his exit,

"I've already leaked the documents linking this disaster to the deceased colonel. Now The Federation will be indebted to the Insectoid Empire for their failures.... and this will allow us to establish more favorable trades and stronger footing on border worlds. Hehehe" Chuckled the Insectoid Agent in a display of expository dialogue.

However, as he rounded the final corner, he stopped dead in his tracks.

21714925521_23dde11177_z.jpg

21714896251_9d92bf80c8_z.jpg

"I brought a gun this time."

Danny: "I see that."

Colonel Jack Jones: "This station is going to be glassed from orbit. Any minute now.... So... I though... Why don't you and I talk out our differences once and for all. I've got all the time in the world."

21705630205_9b4a1f102b_z.jpg

Danny: "shit."

More to come. Player analysis may be up later in the week, but a night-by-bight of the night actions will be up tomorrow. I'll also be posting self-criticism, as I feel I did not balance the game properly from the start, and ended up giving a slight advantage to the scum team. So, I'll discuss that too. Thank you all for playing! Love you! :wub:

Scumthread Password is "Rebelscum"

the Matrix! Password is: Initializing

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Congratulations on your first hosting job, Danny and Jack.

Good night everyone! :wacko:

So...Was Seamus role-copped, or not? :wacko:

Nope. They didn't rolecop him. They considered it last night but stayed home instead.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Excellent Hosting Danny! And Brilliant editing JJP, so yeah... I'm the tracker

Edited by Tariq j

...So did Hinckley kill Bob to aid scum, or to not aid scum? :wacko:

Because he isn't listed among the winners, but he directly violated his stated actions, which is a scum move...But he didn't win...

Because he isn't listed among the winners, but he directly violated his stated actions, which is a scum move...But he didn't win...

I can only imagine he did it to help the town. The Vigilante also targeted Bock. His win conditions only allow him to win as one of the last 4 players, so ultimately killing Bock cost him the win... but unless you guys killed 0 town and 1 scum, or 2 scum, the scum team would have won. I personally expected him to target Paul, which would have kept the game going, assuming no vig kill.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

So annoyed with myself for killing Tariq instead of Dave. I had originally submitted to killing Dave but since Tariq was so obviously the tracker (Sir Stig said he contacted him after he had made a case against him) I didn't want a tracker around since I wasn't sure the Town would ever accept me as being able to win with them.

I'm still processing all of this, but I think the balance was more than a little off. Were there four Scum to start with? :wacko:

...I am very confused by this game. :wacko: Cool story, though, and I definitely loved the pics/editing. :thumbup:

I should not have won. My win conditions were not met. I had to survive down to four players. I killed Bob because you guys told me to. I tried to make sure you guys had a solid case but I even thought it was a good case with how Scummy he was by PM to Ranger. Oh well. We should've been more cautious. I really didn't think they'd have five members with me out there able to kill.

...And I suddenly realize that Hinck was supposed to kill Bob. :facepalm:

Too many blooming pages.... :wall::facepalm:

Sorry about that, Hinck. :blush:

:hmpf: Gee, why did our Town block fail?

Why did TPRU investigate as Town?

I should not have won. My win conditions were not met. I had to survive down to four players. I killed Bob because you guys told me to. I tried to make sure you guys had a solid case but I even thought it was a good case with how Scummy he was by PM to Ranger. Oh well. We should've been more cautious. I really didn't think they'd have five members with me out there able to kill.

Yeah, I realized that after I went back through the PMs. For some reason, I thought we'd agreed you would stay home last night. :blush:

Okay, faith in humanity restored. :classic: Or at least part of it.

According to the Scumboard, he was the Godfather. :hmpf:

So annoyed with myself for killing Tariq instead of Dave. I had originally submitted to killing Dave but since Tariq was so obviously the tracker (Sir Stig said he contacted him after he had made a case against him) I didn't want a tracker around since I wasn't sure the Town would ever accept me as being able to win with them.

I'm still processing all of this, but I think the balance was more than a little off. Were there four Scum to start with? :wacko:

5 original scum. So yes. the game was off balance. I thought that would be balanced for a 21 player group, No conversions. Nothing fancy. Only new roles were the scum watcher (which is always brought up anyways) and the not-fully universal backup.

Sorry about the intro, anyone confused. It's a troll and means nothing... Apart from that I spent money to purchase 10 fly figures.

:hmpf: Gee, why did our Town block fail?

godfather.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

One of the other reasons I switched my target from Scummy Dave to Tariq is because the clothes–switching made me think the Scum had a redirector and since I had basically broadcasted I had a killing Action then freaked out about the possibility of a redirector I assumed they'd redirect Dave to me and I'd kill myself... :hmpf:

One of the other reasons I switched my target from Scummy Dave to Tariq is because the clothes–switching made me think the Scum had a redirector and since I had basically broadcasted I had a killing Action then freaked out about the possibility of a redirector I assumed they'd redirect Dave to me and I'd kill myself... :hmpf:

See... that's what I'd consider a clue in the picture. I didn't even give the night killers MOs. :laugh::blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

5 original scum. So yes. the game was off balance. I thought that would be balanced for a 21 player group, No conversions. Nothing fancy. Only new roles were the scum watcher (which is always brought up anyways) and the not-fully universal backup.

I agree with that balance except you only had 19. So the Town started Day One as Day Two minus two Townies and then rapidly lost seven members. It wasn't the strongest showing by the Town, either, I'm sorry to say. I'm included there since I town-sided.

Bob, great gambit idea, but boy did your PMs ever come off as Scummy... Sorry. :blush: I tried to get them to look more closely at the case but the more Ranger posted, the more convinced I was too. Good job Scum, especially to Sir Stig and mediumsnowman. You did a nice job hiding behind noobie-shoes and judging by the writeboard, you clearly have a great handle on the game. Ranger, nice job, welcome back. Town block, we had a good time. I enjoyed playing with you guys. I banged my head against the wall a lot. I can't tell you how often I cursed your name, Dragonfire. :blush: I lost count.

See... that's what I'd consider a clue in the picture. I didn't even give the night killers MOs. :laugh::blush:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

We were abusing the MO thing to verify mostlytechnic. Another reason not to allow it.

mostlytechnic, who, on top of being under a lot of scrutiny, forgot to get his Night Action in. :hmpf: We were really kind of stumbling over ourselves to lose. One more day would've been nice, though. Just one more balance might've lined up what we needed. Unless the megablocks blocked Ranger, which I'm sure they did. :hmpf_bad: megablocking Scum... :tongue:

TPRU, Dragonfire guessed you as the Godfather at one point because you were "getting too cocky". :laugh:

Might be worth noting that I didn't report "success:" for the cop of Nathan. Just that he was loyal to the federation. Every other investigation resulted as a success.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Thanks for the game DLL and JJP, I had a great time. :thumbup: :thumbup:

So...yeah. I was the rolecop and we managed to peg the blocker on Day One, and then the tracker claimed to one of us. We intended to have Lind inherit the blocker, but the tracker ended up dead the same day anyway, so that left us with a bit of doubt...but it did leave the town down two PRs. From there it was just dodging suspicion and hunting down as many PRs as we could, I think. We didn't do a great job of the first but somehow we managed to keep from getting lynched the whole time. Claiming watcher definitely saved Dave.

We could've coordinated better, I forget what our response was to Sir Stig's code thing or if he even mentioned it, but I wasn't kidding when I said I paid pretty much no attention to it, I was entirely lost shortly after people started talking about it. :blush: But we did coordinate our actions well and quickly narrowed down the biggest risks to us.

Thanks again for an awesome game guys, and thanks a ton to my team, you guys were great. :wub:

I can't claim to have a lot of insight as to how balance works but we didn't have a conversion, so maybe that was why we started with more people?

Claiming watcher definitely saved Dave.

It really really shouldn't have.

I can't claim to have a lot of insight as to how balance works but we didn't have a conversion, so maybe that was why we started with more people?

Having 1/3 of the players basically anti–Town from the start isn't great balance. Especially considering I took the first two days to play a little Scummy. Well, I did think jluck was Scum but it hinged on Xen being Scum, so I was a bit flippant with that but I took out Tariq to take out the tracker and had fun doing it. But then seven Townies were down. And I would've probably kept my target on Dave had I not been afraid the Scum had a redirector. Plus, I thought it was fun to guess the tracker based on all of the stuff Sir Stig said. I honestly considered killing Sir Stig because it was just tiring trying to follow his logic.

Might be worth noting that I didn't report "success:" for the cop of Nathan. Just that he was loyal to the federation. Every other investigation resulted as a success.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I don't do that any more. Immunity to investigation should be just that. Having a differently worded result is almost as bad as saying "Scum". Although, since Ranger is new, she didn't know to look for it.

It really really shouldn't have.

I didn't think for a second that claim was going to last longer than a day, but somehow he didn't get investigated.

fhomess said… (15 Sep 15, looking at version 1)

I’ve been leaning scum on Hinck since the middle of day 2, but the thing with him is that it’s always hard to explain why. All people can really say about him this game is that he seems off, which is true. I think it’s the way he responds to accusations. When he’s scum, he really hates being caught for the wrong reasons so accusations that don’t make sense tick him off more.

I do believe you've mistaken me for another player.

I didn't think for a second that claim was going to last longer than a day, but somehow he didn't get investigated.

I have no further comment about that for now...

And the conclusion title is Serenity, though I have none right now.

OK, now I'm actually going to bed. Night. Great game, everyone.

I personally expected him to target Paul, which would have kept the game going, assuming no vig kill.

Oh, I really wanted to. But, it was not my turn to lead the Town block...

I confessed to being the Serial Killer on Night Three to Dragonfire and Lind. They accepted me immediately and were never paranoid about me trying to give advice. :hmpf: Well, Lind wasn't, mostly. I offered to stay home unless they had a solid target. Staying home was in the interest of making the game last longer. Bob was a good target but knowing what we knew, we should've been more conservative and not killed at all last night. Ah, well...

One last bit of insight into the Town block. I was trying to convince Dragonfire that he had said too much and the Scum probably knew who the investigator was. CMP said a couple of times on the Scum writeboard that things would've been done differently in the Town block had I been in it. I was in it and I couldn't do too much advising because it was met with utter scrutiny and sometimes terror by Dragonfire. When I first tried to prove that it was easy to figure out who the investigator was (this was a game day before Dave checked the logins) I was accused of fishing. Lind, who seems to me to be a bit more level–headed was actually pinged a bit by it too. They accepted me as a Town–siding Serial Killer but it was a very delicate balance. But I don't give up easily. Assuming it would get me killed, I pushed further:

I'm not blaming you for them claiming, but the point is that they have done so and you have to consider the Scum have the information.

I want you guys to be completely clear that I'm not looking for anything. I want you guys to think so I'm telling you what I'm coming up with. I'm trying to help. If I wanted to hurt the Town I wouldn't have claimed to Lind when he was already claiming his role to me. This is in the best interest of the Town and I don't want to know anyone's identities. That's the difference between fishing and trying to figure everything out. Let's do through this on a micro level. Here's everyone who is playing:

4 of 2 (Mostlytechnic)–claimed vig, is either really the vig or Scum

Bock Pathos (Bob)–you have announced that he is not verified

Clementine Lister (Lind Whisperer)–backup; people assume is now the tracker

Diamond Dodd (CallmePie)–not verified, and Dragonfire, I think you made a mistake by saying the investigator wasn't being suspected or wasn't in danger of being lynched. That's what makes me think CallMePie the most out of any of the possibilities because nobody has even mentioned him as suspect.

Hannah Ford (Ranger of the Forest)–not verified, but got a vote or two. Maybe it was MT but somebody called him Scummy for throwing away a vote on an inactive. That's the only attention she has received.

Harriet Stomper (Mediumsnowman)–not verified, but I listed him as Scummy and I think one of you agreed. Dragonfire's statement of the investigator not being in danger of getting lynched.

Minga Gorgon (Dragonfire)–cleared by investigation

Nathan 'Maurice' Mallard (TinyPiesRUs)–not verified

Paul Harkonnenn (Piratedave84)–claimed Watcher, either the actual Watcher or Scum

Seamus Aaron (Hinckley)–not verified, I've even said it in–thread

Zipzop Beetlejuice (Sir Stig)–note verified, however Dragonfire says that he thinks he is Town but is confused by accusing me, MT and Bob of colluding together, so probably not a role.

That is all public knowledge and that leaves four people to consider as the investigator or protector (since nobody else knows that Lind did not inherit the tracker role). So at least we have the buffer that they are looking for two roles. But consider there are four players for them to choose from and four Scum. So they have more info than even you do. See what I'm saying?????

Maybe they'll think I was acting when I said "but I'm not verified!!" and target me which will be great if Nemo flips Scum and the only death is a Neutral. Maybe tell Dave I'm the investigator and if he's Scum that might get the Scum to waste their kill on me and would probably be a good clue to his alignment.

See, I listed the investigator and three Scum as the candidates for investigator. :tongue: And :tongue: :tongue: to the Scum for not figuring it out for themselves. Lazy winners. :laugh: Put some work into it! :blush:

We rolecopped him on Night Three, we knew who it was at that point.

Which role did Lind inherit? We were always a little nervous about that, it was the reason we didn't kill Tariq on Night One.

Which role did Lind inherit? We were always a little nervous about that, it was the reason we didn't kill Tariq on Night One.

Protector.

We rolecopped him on Night Three, we knew who it was at that point.

Him?

And I did it without a rolecop. You could have role–copped somebody else. :tongue:

Had you guys contacted me instead of Bob, would you have let me achieve my win condition of getting it down to four players? :blush:

Sign in to follow this