Jack and his team have followed an ancient map and uncovered the lost tomb of Userkare.

After a little bit of digging, Jack can finally take a first glance at the tomb’s treasures trough a crack in the wall…

tomb_1-s.jpg

… while Professor Hales is examining the hieroglyphs around.

tomb_2-s.jpg

Anubis is standing guard over the Pharaoh’s final resting place.

tomb_3-s.jpg

Beware not to awake the ancient mysteries! (ok, I know, you all saw that one coming…)

tomb_4-s.jpg

The dangers are great but so is the reward.

tomb_5-s.jpg

tomb_6-s.jpg

Still in the Egyptian mood after the D2C contest I wanted to give a try at a PQ story telling MOC, hope you like it.

The Anubis statue is inspired by this well known statue discovered in the tomb of Tutankhamun.

Thanks to my friend Pixel Fox for the pictures editing.

To conclude, a bonus shot of the tomb... thanks for watching!

tomb_7_bonus-s.jpg

Yay another adventurers MOC! :sweet:

The lightening and angles of the pictures are perfect. Your statue using the anubis warrior's head looks great and Dr Hale running from the mummy made me laugh (this guy doesn't have a mouth?).

I'm always impressed when people achieve to photograph the inside of the MOC, without any view of their bedroom/garage/lego room. :thumbup:

I'd like to know, when you dismantle it, how long it takes to clean the parts from all this sand!

I'd like to know, when you dismantle it, how long it takes to clean the parts from all this sand!

Thanks for the comments!

Regarding the sand... well...let's just say that I will never try that again :laugh:

Excellent little story - love the last pic especially. The lighting, set up and build are spot on!!

Nice work!!

Great job! I love the sand in it as well as the tomb. Overall awesome attention to detail. It looks great :thumbup: .

Excellent overhead lighting once again which is very reminiscent of your Abydos MOC Yatkuu! I love that Anubis dog statue that you did, as well as the nice usage of sand for a realistic effect. Great job! :thumbup:

Wow, certainly atmospheric! The lighting is spot on, the composition excellent. The use of sand is great (not something I would try, baaad memories :laugh: ) and the little details here and there are well done.

Keep up the good work!

Wow, great work! I am in no way photography savvy but can certainly agree that these are great photos. The MOC itself is great too. You can just feel the wonderment as Jake heaves the casing off to reveal the sarcophagus. That photo with them all standing around, and the light falling on the golden sarcophagus, is my favorite.

:thumbup:

Nice little storyline! I like yr use of the Anubis headdress, and the lighting is spot on. :thumbup: I'm undecided about the use of the sand though. Part of me is saying to myself; "but it helps it look realistic! I ought to like that!" but my gut reaction is just getting creeped out at the thought of sand getting through all yr bricks. :laugh:

The lighting effects in these pictures is pure awesome.

The statue is brilliant with the anubis headgear, well thought of!

Pirate

Thank you guys for the feedbacks!

Excellent overhead lighting once again which is very reminiscent of your Abydos MOC Yatkuu!

Indeed, I have used the same technique as for my Stargate MOC - thanks for noticing KielDaMan!

The whole setup is covered by a roof that includes a couple of translucid parts (in the present case there is 1 on top of the Anubis head and 1 on top of the tomb) and the lighting is achieved by pointing a Flashlight trough the translucid spots. the pictures have been taken using a reasonably decent camera but nothing too fancy, the important part is that it has a wide angle and I'm using a stand.

I have also been trying to perfect the technique and learned from previous errors. For instance I now try to build my MOCs as modular as possible, the walls and roof have to be easily removable so I can move around and try different angles for the pictures. I am also trying to build by keeping in mind a single picture angle.

As said earlier, the sand looks nice but I'll never try that again! :laugh:

The MOC is excellent, and the presentation is just as good! I really love the lighting, especially in that last shot. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Man this is awesome. I love that Anubis statue, the mask works perfectly on it. Awesome MOC man. :thumbup:

It really looks great. The atmosphere is just great. Lighting is perfect and makes the scene even better!

:thumbup:

Hello!

That's a really felicitous diroama! Everything seems right here. The motion of the figures caught in the picture. The non-lego effects like the lightning and sands are used in a perfect manner. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

While I love the whole MOC, I really have to say the first picture with Jack looking through the broken wall is quite impressive. The lighting on the Anubis stature was very well done. It gave it the right levels of mystery for me.

Great Job, you should be proud with how this turned out. :sweet:

That's a really nice scene! The anubish-statue is superb!

That's a really nice scene! The anubish-statue is superb!

great creation dude! very atmospheric, i changed my mind about this set, would like to have one

Very nice! I love me some adventurers and these pics are great! Thanks for sharing.