Xyver

Fuchal Town Hall

I haven't done much Historica building lately, have been working on my city instead. But with the upcoming BLTG display I needed to make a few buildings for the medieval section.

I started making a double size barn from the Mill Village Raid set, but it looked more like a hall so that's what I turned it into.

There is no interior and as it will be part of a larger display I haven't yet done any surrounds either, but thought I'd post a few pictures to get peoples opinions.

It'll also fit in nicely once I can set up the town of Fuchal all together.

Front

Hall-front.jpg

Left quarter

Hall-leftqtr.jpg

Right quarter

Hall-rightqtr.jpg

Right full

Hall-right.jpg

Back

Hall-back.jpg

And, there`s Fuchal inside!

I love the roof here, lots of great techniques. The Town hall feels very dark and smoky, probably why they left that window open :laugh: Very nice build. I think it could do with a bit bigger chimney breast, but that`s because I think it must be smoky in there!

:classic:

cool stuff!! Although I think it looks more Mitgardian than Avalonian. But I guess that that is alright! What are sorroundings going to look like?

cool stuff!! Although I think it looks more Mitgardian than Avalonian. But I guess that that is alright! What are sorroundings going to look like?

I think it will help to not use the mitgardian colors, the yellow and green on the top :wink:

Other than that its's a nice town hall! You did a great job on the the roof, and the woodwork that supports the roof :thumbup:

Edited by Ecclesiastes

Nice work I love the way you have made that curve on the front of the roof. :thumbup: I cant wait to see the surroundings when they are finished.

Edited by The Joker1

The yellow and green on the front top was something my daughter made, its not what I want up there. I do need something to fit in there though to cover the gap, but don't know what the final design will be.

I also couldn't find my other set of gold windows which is why there is only one set in. I've located them now though, so they will be in the finished version.

Great roof, with the exposed beams at the bottom and the peaky bits at the top! Are you going to keep the black, or go for more "thatched" looking colours? I also like the stone butresses at the base as well, they make the whole building look very sturdy and built to endure. :thumbup: I have to agree with robuko though about bulking up the chimney - it looks a tad small as it is.

I look forward to seeing this in a setting! :classic:

We had our display at the AMRA Train Show on the weekend, so the Town Hall finally got proper surrounds:

Hall-display.jpg

Edited by Xyver