Sign in to follow this  
YellowCorvette

Building Speed Champions style cars with Lego City parts

Hi every EuroBrickers from all around the world!

I like the Speed Champions theme and i in love with the sets.My favourite one is Porsche 918 Spyder,maybe because Porsche 918 is my favourite Porsche car.

But however,I find that the new parts from Speed Champions is not available in LDD yet,so i need to find a alternate solution.

But now,i have just successfully find a alternate solution to build Speed Champions car in LDD,that is using the existing LDD parts to modify the chasis.

Here, i introduce you Porsche 918 RSR concept race car in LDD form.No printings or stickers are available on the car.

918_1.png

You wonder how i make it?See the picture below.

918_2.png

I build the chasis according to the instruction of 75910,and i modify the chasis using the parts that used in City Theme vehicles.

918_3.png

I don't very like the back section :sceptic: .the tail lights looks blocky and because of the absence of the Speed champions pieces,the back section been not as curve like the real porsche 918 RSR concept car and looks too sharp.Hope the next LDD update will including the Speed Champions parts.

918_4.png

Because the absense of the Speed Champions Windscreen in LDD,i use the windscreen and car roof from City theme.This cause the car looks less sleek and dynamic,but at the same time,You don't need to lean the driver down to fit in the car with the roof.

The real Porsche 918 RSR Concept race car.

2011-01-10-porsche-918-rsr.jpg

I know that it's not 100% accurate,but because of the part limitation, that is the best i can do.

Any comments and critism are welcomed. :classic:

Need the LDD file? Download here: Porsche 918 RSR.lxf

Have a nice day! :classic:

Edited by ArmstrongYong